HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marian Gaborik- Countdown to 50 (11-12 edition)

Old
11-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
While we're at it, who wants to start the Official Pizza Playoff Push? Sorry I'm superstitious.
The Frozen Pizza Playoff Push was a great idea.

Wraparounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:09 PM
jcbio11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
right now it isn't about the way he is playing. its about the way Stepan and Anisimov are playing. They are playing so well that the other team just can't drape themselves all over Gabby, if they do, those 2 are going to torch them. Gabby is finding time and space thanks to those 2 guys. Gabby is playing outstanding, no doubts there, but the recent outburst of points, imho, are more about the other 2 guys than him. if hes playing with guys who can make themselves threats out there, then he himself becomes 10x more of a threat than usual.
Good point. You give a player like Gaborik just a little bit of space and he will torch your defense and torch your goalie. Often in past it was enough to just jump on Gabby the second he touched the puck and you were safe, because the rest of the team was pretty hopeless (compared to Gabby) in putting the puck to the net. It's not happening now, you see Gabby scoring goals when he is wide open after a pass from Stepan, you just can't give that kind of space to a player like him. That's how 9 goals in 14 games happen.

Also, it's not like he's on some crazy hot streak to start the season, he's shooting at a very sustainable 14,5 percent (Kessel is shooting at a very high, unsustaible 22,4 percent, meaning much like Stamkos last year, he's bound to slow down). Gaborik's getting the shots at the net and he's shooting at 14,5 percent, a rate he has proven he can sustain over the course of the season.

jcbio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:18 PM
beastly115

I still chuckle at how effortless he made one of his goals look last night. He slowed down so much and just put it right in haha.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

To be honest, I think its more the way Gabby's playing than the way Steps and Arty are. Gabby last year doesn't score either of the goals he did yesterday, imo. Especially the second one- that was a disgusting snipe and he made it look so simple.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:26 PM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

I was hoping this jinx thread wouldnt come back this early.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:30 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bienvenue a New York View Post
Didn't he get hurt after one of these threads last season?
surely he must have fallen out of his chair when he say the thread last year. surely that was what caused his injury. shame on all of you. shame.

i hear it is also a jinx for posters w/ under 1000 posts to post. Every time you post, that's another day Marc Staal misses. for shame on all of you.

posters without avatars posting has also been linked to the year we missed the playoffs. how do you people live with yourselves? shaaaaaaaame.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:05 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
I think he makes it this year.

And anyone claiming this will "jinx" something is just plain silly. Superstitions only affect something when the actual person involved believes in it. IF Marion Gaborik were superstitious, AND he believed that talking about him reaching 50 goals would lead to him not doing so, AND he actually read this thread on HFBoards, then he might, just might actually be affected by this.

Otherwise, the word "jinx" is absolutely meaningless.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:50 PM
slickfox007

if someone will get 50 , i'd say gabby is the 3rd most likely after stamkos and vanek

slickfox007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 05:55 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
To be honest, I think its more the way Gabby's playing than the way Steps and Arty are. Gabby last year doesn't score either of the goals he did yesterday, imo. Especially the second one- that was a disgusting snipe and he made it look so simple.
Gaborik was not being proactive without the puck last season.... He wasn't thinking the game well and was not focused... This year he's the polar opposite and engaged in the play whether he's got the puck or not.... He is putting himself in perfect positions to receive passes and generate solid scoring opportunities... Loving it...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:46 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I agree. Gaborik is a superstar and he is playing like a superstar. Not taking anything away from Stepan and AA but Christensen had success and points when playing on a line with Gaborik

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rholt168 View Post
Don't start this **** so soon. If he gets 30 goals, then start the countdown.
Ridiculous to start this. Gaborik will never get 50 goals in season, bank on it!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfox007 View Post
if someone will get 50 , i'd say gabby is the 3rd most likely after stamkos and vanek
You can add Kessel to that list as well. Also, don't count out Ovie just yet.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
HockeyBurd*

You have to admit, it was nice having Gaborik be healthy until the next game. It was really really nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Ridiculous to start this. Gaborik will never get 50 goals in season, bank on it!
Yes! Finally somebody who understands. Only great players score 50 goals. Not average players like Gaborik. Only players like Bossy, Gretzky, Bure, Cheechoo, etc.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
I thought you were being serious until Cheechoo was mentioned, but I feel obliged the point out the obvious; 05-06 was a statistical nightmare of a season. Everybody was scoring that year.

But Gaborik could certainly hit 50. The odds aren't spectacular, but if Heatley can do it for 2 straight years than Gaborik can as well.

11-10-2011, 10:21 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I thought you were being serious until Cheechoo was mentioned, but I feel obliged the point out the obvious; 05-06 was a statistical nightmare of a season.
Yeah, I don't really know what that means. How about Hejduk? Would that have worked better for you? ;-)

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You can add Kessel to that list as well. Also, don't count out Ovie just yet.
for the sake of my fantasy team he better put up 50 again

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:59 PM
lbrowne

My reply got deleted? Good lord lol

Ultimate jinx thread for sure!

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 11:39 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Unneeded thread is unneeded.

But he is really kicking ass right now. If you want to jinx him, just make a voodoo doll.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:40 AM
blueshirtbolt

if indeed these topics end up placing a curse on the players in question...should we go start a topic in the sabres forum? Vanek - countdown to 50...while we're at it...stamkos etc etc

blueshirtbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Matteau Matteau

God I'd love to see him get 50+, maybe even break the record. But we need to temper our excitement. Yes, he's looked like a beast out there; he's getting to the right parts of the ice and mostly burying his shots (last year I remember him shooting wide of the net on so many good looks). And he looks like the old Gabby, meaning last year he seemed like he felt he had to control the puck and pass to set other guys up. But there's a long way to go.

BTW, anyone else practically get chills on his 2nd goal the other night? The WICKED top-shelf wrister?

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:31 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
You have to admit, it was nice having Gaborik be healthy until the next game. It was really really nice.

Yes! Finally somebody who understands. Only great players score 50 goals. Not average players like Gaborik. Only players like Bossy, Gretzky, Bure, Cheechoo, etc.
Honestly, if you think Gaborik is an "average" player, I don't know what to tell you.

How many "average" players do you know that have scored 5 goals in 1 game?

oh, and p.s.- to all of you that keep mentioning a "jinx": Sitting on a shelf in my apt. right now is a real voodoo doll that I acquired in Haiti (true story)... so keep talkin'.

KreiMeARiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:39 AM
Matteau Matteau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Honestly, if you think Gaborik is an "average" player, I don't know what to tell you.

How many "average" players do you know that have scored 5 goals in 1 game?

oh, and p.s.- to all of you that keep mentioning a "jinx": Sitting on a shelf in my apt. right now is a real voodoo doll that I acquired in Haiti (true story)... so keep talkin'.
Werd. And calling him average based on goals scored is not fair when comparing him to players from much-higher scoring eras. I'm not saying those players aren't great, I'm saying no one is ever going to score like that anymore. Ovechkin had 65 goals one year, yes. He's an anomaly.

As for "jinxing"...that's just silly superstition. Post away.

Matteau Matteau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteau Matteau View Post
As for "jinxing"...that's just silly superstition. Post away.
Excellent. I hope no one minds when half-way through a dominant game by Lundqvist I discuss the possibility of a shutout.

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
Excellent. I hope no one minds when half-way through a dominant game by Lundqvist I discuss the possibility of a shutout.
Except that one is proven to be legit. Ask Aurilophile (sp).

Barbara Underhill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:26 AM
js10

after this kind of threads, Marian always slumped in scoring activity.. I wish we is not reading it because he (as everyone else on this team) needs to score more.

js10 is offline   Reply With Quote