HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #16 : Kings vs. Vancouver, 11/10/11 - Loss POST GAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
11-11-2011, 12:50 AM
Canuckfan4Life2

vCash: 500
Good game and good luck till our next meeting

Canuckfan4Life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:53 AM
kingscup
MBML

Send a message via AIM to kingscup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Anyone else think the Kings should play the same third period style when the game starts 0-0? They were able to generate shots from the slot and still didn't allow any goals against.

Time to stop with the slowdown and win 2-1 game plan.
Oh you mean put teams on their heels and keep them there, na...... GRIND IT OUT BABY!

kingscup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:03 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

2 wins in the last nine games, and they can't get through a first period without spending half of it shorthanded. Discipline indeed.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:08 AM
Bateman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckfan4Life2 View Post
Good game and good luck till our next meeting
I'm not sure if you're serious. Neither team deserved any points.

Terry, if you're reading I'll let you in on how to beat the Canucks. Hit them - they disappear.

Signed, Boston

Bateman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:09 AM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Minnesota lost to San Jose tonight. That means they will beat us Saturday.

cheap77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:11 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap1nt View Post
Minnesota lost to San Jose tonight. That means they will beat us Saturday.
The Wild are one of the few teams worst than the Kings on offense. But they are better 5-on-5 than the Kings. Probably be a 5-4 game.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:12 AM
Bandit

I'd really love to know what was going through Doughty's mind. He crosschecked Kessler 3 times, then yelled at the ref to make sure he was watching, then did it again. Is the guy full retard or what?

I didn't see Lewis' elbow, going to go take a look on the dvr, but pride = passion = penalties. I don't know what is wrong with these guys, but they're not happy until they're screwing themselves in the first period.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:14 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
My major concern is still the inability by the bottom six to generate offense.
Agreed. Our biggest problem is the lack of offense overall, and once again we are back to two goal or less for the 13th time in 16 games. Two goals from our bottom six, which is even worse when you consider half of our regular d-men and Dustin Penner still also don't have a goal. Once again tonight, Richards, Doughty, Johnson and Kopitar contributed all of the offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpa View Post
Now I understand why canucks fans are so annoying when listening to their announcers. Everything is a missed call against them and everything called against them is questionable in their eyes. Quick got slapped with an elbow and they said he sold it so the ref could see the contact...are you ****ing kidding me??? No wonder their fans are that way they are brainwashed by those homers. ...deep breath..they are worse than Hayward. No kidding.

visiting Canucks fans here in the GDT have been ..alright.
I agree. Nucks announcers are generally really annoying and homers. The worst that I have ever seen though is Bruins announcers. Some Detroit games can be really bad as well, especially in the playoffs, where it seems like they grow to hate an opposing player even more than the Wings themselves as the series goes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
it looks like Columbus might have a fire sale, who do we want?
Some might not like the cap hit, but I like Umberger and Vermette, but the most likely target would be Prospal, likely cheaper to acquire to and we could certainly use the offense. I hope we avoid Carter/Nash simply for the ridiculous price that I'm sure they will want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Steer clear of any long term contracts like Umberger or Vermette since the Kings need that cap space over the summer. Rick Nash is out of the question, so maybe try for a player like Vaclav Prospal who can still setup plays and register points.

He has 11 points in 14 games thus far. If the Kings don't have long term plans for Brad Richardson, it only makes sense to make a one-for-one swap for Prospal.
If you were Columbus, would you take Brad Richardson for your leading scorer? At the deadline, if he keeps this pace up, Prospal would net a 2nd + at least, possibly a 1st depending on the market. No way I'd move him for just Richardson if I'm Columbus, especially the way Richardson has played this season.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:19 AM
AntonRodin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateman View Post

Terry, if you're reading I'll let you in on how to beat the Canucks. Hit them - they disappear.

Signed, Boston
Yeah...hit them until they're injured. I.e., Mason Raymond. Then they'll slowly disappear.

AntonRodin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:29 AM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bateman View Post

Signed, Boston
Totally agree. Last game against the Preds was probably the most physical this team has played all year and guess what they won. I think all these restrictions on hitting has really hurt guys that are physical. Brown, Richards, etc... seems to be tentative at times.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:47 AM
BringTheReign

I was at the game, Kings fans should be ashamed, there were way too many Canuckleheads there. Anyways, Fraser is nothing special, I see no reason why he should be favored in the line-up over anyone else. The call on Lewis was ridiculous, Bieska was looking for trouble when he stood up to him after the puck was gone. Doughty is an idiot, his goal does not change that. Penner didn't make any glaring mistakes, but he was still a pylon for the most part. Richards played like he really wanted to win, and so did Williams. The first half of the first period is the obvious problem; just ridiculous.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:04 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
I'd really love to know what was going through Doughty's mind. He crosschecked Kessler 3 times, then yelled at the ref to make sure he was watching, then did it again. Is the guy full retard or what?

I didn't see Lewis' elbow, going to go take a look on the dvr, but pride = passion = penalties. I don't know what is wrong with these guys, but they're not happy until they're screwing themselves in the first period.
Like last year, Doughty looks unfocused and undisciplined. He's trying to do everything, and you can see it in the way that he's constantly directing traffic, "helping" the officials make calls by raising his arm when he thinks there should be a stoppage, trying to block everything that comes his way instead of just taking his man. None of those things are necessarily a major problem; sometimes you need to direct traffic or give up the body to block a puck. Doughty, however, seems to me to be trying to do everything, all at once.

He needs to relax and simplify his game. He needs to trust that his teammates will cover their man without him pointing it out, forget about the refs and just play until the whistle, and stop trying to be a combination goalie-defenseman.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:46 AM
itstheo54

I was at the game. We need to keep Fraser in, he has skill that makes the 4th line wayyyy better and actually throws checks. I was really suprised by his play. take hunter out and put richardson in and i think that should do it.

itstheo54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:48 AM
ProstheticConscience
Kunst

vCash: 883
Crap on the main board nonwithstanding, just wanted to offer a few observations:

--thought the Kings' counterattack was as good as any team I've seen this year. Even down after the 3-0 goal, they came right back and forced the issue in our end. Not getting down is huge; this tendency will serve the Kings well in the long run.
--I miss Willie Mitchell. The Olli Jokinen handlebar moustache hurts to look at, though.
--Was quietly impressed by Martinez.
--Quick is seriously going to be massive for you guys.
--Richards was a brilliant pickup. Penner, not so much.

No hard feelings, no offence intended.

Out.

*edit* Oh yeah, the SNet PbP crew is also getting more and more annoying, in case any of you were watching our feed. Yeah, it's pretty painful.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:57 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

What's going on with the Doughty thread on the mainboard? It's gotten really childish and ugly.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:08 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Even regardless of the penalties, for a team that's supposedly got such a great defense, we've given up 3+ goals a LOT. For a team that's supposedly built to grind out 1-0 and 2-1 games, that's unacceptable.

It comes back to the discipline. Penalties galore. More odd man breaks this season than when we had stalwarts like Dallman back there. Doughty doing whatever the **** he wants without repercussions (this can only harm him in the long term). Is it the players getting away from the system? Is it the coaching? Is the team lacking an identity? Who knows?

At least the heart was there tonight, but results matter.

Penner has been very likable the last 2 games. Kopitar is an animal...as is Richards. And Fraser-Moreau-Lewis provided just the right amount of cluster-..messiness
this. I would like to see TM take charge and hold doughty accountable ala bruce boudreau with semin.. how many times has doughty taken a stupid penalty against the ca*****s??

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:15 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
this. I would like to see TM take charge and hold doughty accountable ala bruce boudreau with semin.. how many times has doughty taken a stupid penalty against the ca*****s??
TM doesn't have the balls or brain to do that. We have been taking terrible penalties for at least five games now and they have yet to slow down. The Kings need a closed door meeting if they want to salvage this season and have a shot at making the playoffs. Our roster is too good to be producing these kinds of results.

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:19 AM
butteryslugz
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
TM doesn't have the balls or brain to do that. We have been taking terrible penalties for at least five games now and they have yet to slow down. The Kings needs a closed door meeting if they want to salvage this season and have a shot at making the playoffs. Our roster is too good to be producing these kinds of results.
exactly! its embarrassing.

butteryslugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:15 AM
hahahaa

Fail for Nail!
Fire Murray!
Trade Penner!
Martinez for Comeau!
Clone Kopitar!

Just do it Deano!

hahahaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:04 AM
jml87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru4reals View Post
Hmmmm you think Richards is going home after every game going, Damn effin Holmgren thanks. I get traded to this......
Nah, this is nothing. Knowing Richards, he probably believes he's not playing hard enough.

Now I think Carter does that every morning he wakes up and remembers he was traded to Columbus. Not much upside to that.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobafettish View Post
it looks like Columbus might have a fire sale, who do we want?
Evander Kane

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
....after Kopitar.
Nope.

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:33 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
True, but Kopitar is leading our offense. Kopi then Rick imo.
It ain't all about the stats.

Old
11-11-2011, 06:46 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I was at the game, Kings fans should be ashamed, there were way too many Canuckleheads there. Anyways, Fraser is nothing special, I see no reason why he should be favored in the line-up over anyone else.............
I'm going to go ahead and disagree here. I thought he looked really good especially being his first game in 8 months. Had a couple of good opportunities, pushed the play. His penalty was to be expected. Happens all the time to people coming back after a long period.

My question is where is browns physicality?

Old
11-11-2011, 09:03 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
For me it comes down to the Kings just aren't as good as I thought they were. Lombardi has put a good team together but he did lose some crucial pieces whether you like the players who left or not. I totally forgot about Murray's coaching style until the 1st game. It was like going out on a date with an ex girlfriend, everything is going great then she starts complaining and you quickly remember why you dumped her ass. Cup contender? I don't think so. The bottom 6 needs shut down players and this team needs better leadership from top to bottom. The Kings organization as a whole is led by people who have never won at the NHL level.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote