HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RE: doug maclean's comments on Kadri

Old
11-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Dayjobdave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philer Bozel View Post
Frattin has one point. I hate when people use this argument. We might as well have a third line filled with colton orr's. Pathetic that our best prospect and 2nd/3rd most skilled forward is in the minor while lucky guys lile crabb and guys who do nothing like frattin are above him. Dont get me wrong crabb has been great and i love frattin but when crabb goes on a 20 game pointless streak and frattin has 2 points in 30 games wilson will look like a bigher idiot then he already is.

I really wish kadri could play here. But now i hope he gets traded to montreal. And then in the conference finals between the leafs he destroys us with 25 points in the series while scoring the game winner in game seven overtime after dangling komiserek and sticking the middle finger at wilson as he skates by. Then kadri single handingly wins the cup for montreal.

**** you wilson. I hope you're fired.
Yah those fools at MLSE have failed to play our best player Kadri, burying him in the minors for their own personal agenda while driving the oldest team in the league to a last place finish....

....wait a second, we're the youngest team in the league and we're in first place...

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:49 AM
DuklaNation

Frattin's 1 pt will be more of an issue if the top 6 goes into a scoring slump. Bottom 6, grinders only.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:00 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjobdave View Post

....wait a second, we're the youngest team in the league and we're in first place...
Both of those points are like swear words to some around here.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Wendelstache

Kadri + Gustavsson and our 1st for Columbus's 1st + 3rd.

Make it happen Burkie!

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
peety16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
Kadri + Gustavsson and our 1st for Columbus's 1st + 3rd.

Make it happen Burkie!
lol, I wish Maclean was still running things over there...you might have actually got your wish

peety16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:09 PM
MJ65

Not fair to this kid - let him play with the big club and let him grow

MJ65 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Darylman

I think Frattin is certainly more mature than Kadri and probably more defensively reliable. Not in the sense of backchecking or defensive coverage, but I suppose I would put Frattin in a board battle before Kadri. But imo even that is debatable, as we see players like Datsyuk win battles with intelligence more than brawn.

The issue is that Frattin is forcing what should not be forced. He cannot penetrate into defensive zones that have "men" as defenceman. He literally is not sure what to do, which makes him look like a slower and less possessive Jason Blake. Blake succeeded when he drove around the net and made plays, Frattin is afraid of carrying the puck more than a few seconds.

The third line needs change. Armstrong is good, no doubt, and we need him to crash the boards and the crease. If I am running the team, when Armstrong comes back, Kadri is called up and Frattin is sent down. Lombardi takes his place on the fourth line.

Yes, Lombardi is demoted. Hard to swallow for him, no doubt. But he has lost his poise with the puck. His speed allows him to play anywhere in the lineup if required, but I don't think anyone is claiming he has been anything but a disappointment when in possession. Let him work on becoming an elite PK'er. That's what the team needs more than whatever he was elsewhere, if he disagrees then perhaps we can talk trade.

Kadri has more poise with the puck than anyone not named Connolly, Liles or Gardiner. It's sorely...SORELY missed on the third line. He has the grit to throw checks, we really need to give him a chance. I understand he expected the world and that is a deterrent to the coaching staff, but there comes a time when you have to throw your cocky players into the fire. Nazem is an arrogant *****, and we need to let him prove it. If he does, he turns into a Kesler, if he doesn't, we move on anyways. Trying to make him into a humble human being runs the risk of ruining his potential, which imo, is not the best course.

Darylman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:43 PM
darrylsittler27

Kadri loves da habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveleaf View Post
They lost Kadri. The kid doesn't have the enthusiasm to play for this organization and I have said it in the past they were jerking his chain. Last year if they were going to send him to the minors than fine but they should have made the decision when he was brought up he was brought up for good. I'm sorry but having Bozak, Lombardi and Frattin ahead of him on the depth chart is ridiculous.

The kid should be our third line centre and given second line power play duty and spotted on the first line. They could have a great young player in him but McLean is right, they don't want him here.
Kadri and his family are habs lovers!He will be packaged when the right offer comes.Truth is he wants out.So we bury him and keep his rights,welcome to the machine!

darrylsittler27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
Kadri and his family are habs lovers!He will be packaged when the right offer comes.Truth is he wants out.So we bury him and keep his rights,welcome to the machine!
LOL.

And Stamkos, Tavares, Parise are all secretly wanting out of their teams and to come to Toronto because they grew up Leafs fans right?

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:57 PM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
LOL.

And Stamkos, Tavares, Parise are all secretly wanting out of their teams and to come to Toronto because they grew up Leafs fans right?

Yes, all of them are going to come to Toronto when they are 45. Well, two of them at least.

ECanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Swervin81
UNLEASH THE DIRTY

I say demote Frattin to let him get back into a groove and have Kadri center that top line while Tampon Tim is out (he is a playmaker, after all), moving Bozie back to his rightful 3rd line spot. If all goes well with Kadri, keep him and trade Tim for a 1st/2nd or prospect. If Kadri sucks, demote him when Tim gets back.

Swervin81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:17 PM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
I say demote Frattin to let him get back into a groove and have Kadri center that top line while Tampon Tim is out (he is a playmaker, after all), moving Bozie back to his rightful 3rd line spot. If all goes well with Kadri, keep him and trade Tim for a 1st/2nd or prospect. If Kadri sucks, demote him when Tim gets back.
In a perfect world I would have had Kadri play on the wing for a stretch of games. No, 3 and 5 or 6 games is not it. 30-40 games and then I would think about center. He would be on the third line. Once he has played games in long stretches we can say so and so. Blah Blah place your conclusions and evaluations here.

I heard someone on the radio saying he has had MANY opportunities. 3 games and 1 game and then another 4 is not it. He was like what has he done? Well, WTF can anyone accomplish in 1 or 3 games?

Old
11-11-2011, 07:41 PM
ECanuck
FLOATERS

Quote:
Give Frattin another 20 games. That way Ronnie won't be butt hurt. At least someone should get a fair shot.

Old
11-11-2011, 09:25 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsDiary View Post
I have heard a couple things from someone close to the Leafs:
1) Kadri's attitude at the start of the season irked some of the veterans in the room
2) His attitude last year in the AHL was not very good
3) When he gave the finger to the camera during McCarthur's interview it disappointed management because they don't think he has matured yet.

Take that for what you will, but I don't think Kadri has necessarily earned a spot on the club yet. Not the club keeping him out.
having more time to read some of these posts....I actually think Kadri was giving the finger to a HABS FAN BEHIND THE CAMERA MAN.....And to the person who said Kadri and his family are Habs fans, YOU missed the part about the WHOLE Kadri clan burning ALL THINGS HABS THE DAY HE GOT DRAFTED!!!

Damn I wish I was at that POW_WOW, I would have bought a new Habs Jersey just to burn it!

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 09:42 PM
OlderTimer*

Quote:
Exactly, I see it, you see it, but Ron Wilson doesn't for some reason! Kadri passes off the puck, no one to finish..Kessel passes off the puck...again no one to finish!!!

Let the 2 best passers and best finishers on the team play together!!!
Kessel finally backchecks even tho it took him 5 years ( shoulder surgery may have something to do with it) Kessel needs a left handed centre, Kadri needs a right hand winger! Even NOVICE coaches know this!!

OlderTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:33 PM
philer Bozel
Coming Soon

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjobdave View Post
Yah those fools at MLSE have failed to play our best player Kadri, burying him in the minors for their own personal agenda while driving the oldest team in the league to a last place finish....

Cute. Your right we are the youngest team, but who cares if our 3rd line only scores 4 goals every 15 games. And heck your right we've been winning all our games right? It doesn't matter if we get badly out played and win like we've been doing for a while now. We've been playing like a top team the whole season. Teams like Washington are no match for us....

Look I'm happy were winning. But our last few wins haven't been convincing..

philer Bozel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 12:57 PM
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
LOL.

To be fair,from watching the whole Stamkos situation this summer,I think he was waiting for Leafs to make an offer,but we never did to not ruin our relationship with Tampa.

iArts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:04 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Lupul - Colborne - Kessel
MacA - Grabo - Kulemin
Kadri - Connolly - Armstrong
Brown - Steckel - Lombardi/Frattin

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:41 PM
calcal798

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
Lupul - Colborne - Kessel
MacA - Grabo - Kulemin
Kadri - Connolly - Armstrong

Brown - Steckel - Lombardi/Frattin
If this was our lineup at some point I wouldn't be surprised to see Burke package 2 of those players + more for a real upgrade in our Top 6.

calcal798 is offline   Reply With Quote