HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#15 - 11.11.2011 | Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I agree he needs some better players to play with but all I was saying is that if he ends up with 60 points, you can't tell me people would be happy about it. The Rangers are made up of hard-working grinders. They don't need their high scoring players to do that all the time. They need them to score. The same thought process can be applied to Gaborik.
But you just told me he should be carrying his line when I suggested he needed more talent. Just messin with ya.

Old
11-11-2011, 10:58 AM
beastly115

vCash: 500
Quote:
I want (2) things:

1) Everyone to stay healthy

2) Richards to start creating some chemistry with ANYONE.
I don't think Richards has had any chemistry issues. He's still putting up points and don't forget, his LW his slumping hard right now. The Richards line has been facing the top defensive pairs which has been leaving the Gaborik line to roam free against the 2nd pair.

Perfectly fine with this.

Old
11-11-2011, 10:59 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
But you just told me he should be carrying his line when I suggested he needed more talent. Just messin with ya.
I knew someone was going to bring that up.....I just meant to say that he should be able to put up points with anyone. I mean he was still playing with (2) 50+ point wingers.

I just hate the excuses made for players who decide to come play in NY and are paid a ton of money and then underachieve. I have seen too much of it to have any sort of pity.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:03 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
I knew someone was going to bring that up.....I just meant to say that he should be able to put up points with anyone. I mean he was still playing with (2) 50+ point wingers.

I just hate the excuses made for players who decide to come play in NY and are paid a ton of money and then underachieve. I have seen too much of it to have any sort of pity.
I agree totally. I wasn't trying to make excuses for him though, just giving him the benefit of the doubt a bit. Honestly it's Dubinsky I am ribbing a bit when suggesting we need a legit LW threat.

I wasn't too keen on Richards in the first place but I ended up drinking the kool-aid and now I am just hoping he does live up to expectations. Which I fully think he will he's a very talented player I just think his line mates haven't helped him a ton thus far. Time will tell, but it is very important for the rest of the team to get going because the GAS line can't carry us every game.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Richards needs a scorer on his line. Can't get assist without someone being able to finish.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Richards needs a scorer on his line. Can't get assist without someone being able to finish.
It isn't going to happen, at least not tonight. The only legit finisher on this team is not getting moved to his wing.

Dubi and Cally are perfect wingers for Richards. Dubi needs to pull his head out of his 4th point of contact and bury some damn pucks. Cally is on pace for 35 goals.

Torts just needs to keep the line together. Richards will get points on the PP as well.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Steps is gunna be rockin out there. his confidence is through the roof right now and Gabby is scoring a couple at least. LGR!

Old
11-11-2011, 11:39 AM
DoTheBlue
Off Season Blues

The emergence of the GAS line gives Richards a little breathing room. If at some point they run out of GAS or there is not enough GAS to power the team then Richards contributions or lack there of will become the main focus. For now though just get number 6.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:44 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

How is 10 points in 14 games underachieving?

Are you looking at ESPN's "on pace for" stat? That's not how real life works. By the end of the season if he's still "on pace for" 59 points id be shocked.

Do you think Dubinsky is going to be "on pace for" 0 goals by the end of the season?

Old
11-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Nyrvana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

Are you looking at ESPN's "on pace for" stat? That's not how real life works. By the end of the season if he's still "on pace for" 59 points id be shocked.

Do you think Dubinsky is going to be "on pace for" 0 goals by the end of the season?
No, but now if Dubinsky gets to 25 goals I'd be ecstatic, where previously I thought he would get 30+.

Richards definitely is underachieving right now. He's not playing bad, he's just not producing like he has historically yet. The whole "on pace for" stat is obviously why people are worried. There's nothing wrong with that. But, I expect Richards to bring 80 points and if he can help do that on the PP and 2nd line, we'll be in good shape

Old
11-11-2011, 11:53 AM
nyrleetch

@DaveLozo: Paul Maurice on Eric Staal hit: "It was a clean hit, and his brother came back and played. To me, he's not the reason there's a concussion."

Old
11-11-2011, 11:54 AM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:

If you compare it to the way he started last season, he is underproducing.

I just dont think he's been bad, at all. I think he has been an excellent playmaker.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:55 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

I don't even know what the bold is....

I am just pointing out a fact. He is on pace for 59 points over 82 games. Is it still early? Of course. But when is it okay to say, "hmm, maybe he is having a bad season?". I don't understand why everyone is defending him. He needs to play better and put up more points. That's why he was brought in, to help carry the offensive load.

I am not saying he is a bad player, because I like watching him play but Scott Gomez had 70 points his first season as a Ranger and Ranger fans were all over him. Will the same happen to Brad if the same thing happens? He has a smaller cap hit but he has another 8 years on his contract.

Just pointing some facts out to people. If you think it's too early, fine. But due to the fact that the Rangers have been burned so many times by UFA's I am going to be cautious and a bit cynical, and I think that's fair.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:58 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Never like a team on a winning streak going up against a team on a losing streak. Bookies make so much money off of these. But with that said, I predict another win. 4 - 2 Rangers

LGR!!!
you are absolutely right, and I'm not touching it.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrvana View Post
Never like a team on a winning streak going up against a team on a losing streak. Bookies make so much money off of these. But with that said, I predict another win. 4 - 2 Rangers

LGR!!!
so I read that as boobies.

and since I value that as a success, LGR

Old
11-11-2011, 12:07 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Can't wait to leave the office an head into the garden. Workdays are always slow on game days!!!

Old
11-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
I don't even know what the bold is....

I am just pointing out a fact. He is on pace for 59 points over 82 games. Is it still early? Of course. But when is it okay to say, "hmm, maybe he is having a bad season?". I don't understand why everyone is defending him. He needs to play better and put up more points. That's why he was brought in, to help carry the offensive load.

I am not saying he is a bad player, because I like watching him play but Scott Gomez had 70 points his first season as a Ranger and Ranger fans were all over him. Will the same happen to Brad if the same thing happens? He has a smaller cap hit but he has another 8 years on his contract.

Just pointing some facts out to people. If you think it's too early, fine. But due to the fact that the Rangers have been burned so many times by UFA's I am going to be cautious and a bit cynical, and I think that's fair.
Your giving me a hard time over my Boyle thread, but yet your complaing about Richards? He is our 2nd leading scorer and playing fine. He's even scored some big and timely goals for us. He's the last thing we need to be worrying about.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:33 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrleetch View Post
@DaveLozo: Paul Maurice on Eric Staal hit: "It was a clean hit, and his brother came back and played. To me, he's not the reason there's a concussion."
I saw the same quote on some of the beat writers tweets as well...

Maurice is a retard

Old
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
so I read that as boobies.

and since I value that as a success, LGR
I like the way you think.

RANGERS =
Old
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Your giving me a hard time over my Boyle thread, but yet your complaing about Richards? He is our 2nd leading scorer and playing fine. He's even scored some big and timely goals for us. He's the last thing we need to be worrying about.
The difference is Boyle is a defensive center. At 1.7 million that is what he is paid for. Hit, muck it up, be a good locker room guy and put up some points. At 6.8 million/year for 9 years Richards was brought in to lead the offense.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:44 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRangerfan View Post
I saw the same quote on some of the beat writers tweets as well...

Maurice is a retard
Only a matter of time before he's fired.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

BR has been fine IMO- if Dubi could get going he'd have two good wingers.

Old
11-11-2011, 01:09 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by stasiewich View Post
LGR!!! Only the 3rd Ranger game of the year not broadcast nationally in Canada so looks like it's gunna have to be another online stream Wish I could get MSG up here.
Dude, you don't have center ice? Should be on there! It's a must have!

Old
11-11-2011, 01:42 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Only a matter of time before he's fired.
...again

Old
11-11-2011, 01:45 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Dubinsky has been good for the most part over the last 6-7 games. Obviously he hasn't been finishing but the Rangers as a team haven't exactly been scoring oodles of goals.

I could certainly see a break out performance for the Dubi-Richards-Cally line tonight

Closed Thread