HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Craig Smith makes the Opening Night Roster

Old
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

vCash: 500
Smith on the 3rd line? lol Good thing you guys aren't coaches....ya let's put the best threat out there with weaker players. Come on.

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
TootooTrain
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
Smith on the 3rd line? lol Good thing you guys aren't coaches....ya let's put the best threat out there with weaker players. Come on.
Agreed. He defiantly needs scoring support around him to utilize his talent. He wouldn't be able to create offense as easily if he was the best player on the line.

TootooTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:01 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Too many guys love over thinking the obvious. KISS!!

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:03 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Yup.

SK - Smith - Erat
Hornqvist - Legwand - Wilson
Spaling - Fisher - Halischuk
xxx - Smithson - Tootoo

McGrattan/Geoffrion/Bergfors

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Legionnaire11

I liked Smith, Wilson and Hornqvist together against the Ducks, when they were on the ice together they produced several good chances. Wilson in particular seems to be feeding off of the confidence that Smith has brought, I notice these guys puck handling more confidently instead of looking pass first.

It makes a huge difference if you can carry around the first opponent and get that extra step towards the net vs dumping in/pass first that makes it easier for the defense to keep the Preds on the perimeter.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 08:15 AM
glenngineer
HFB Partner

Wilson and Hornqvist were doing that with Legwand as well. Both of them grew up and realized they needed to be dedicated to the system and the team more and it shows.

Also, part of my quantifier with Smith on the third line is having Rads back. You put those two out on the ice together and look out. Also, what's wrong with Halischuk? He's on pace for a little over 20 goals. Last time I checked that's not too bad.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 08:43 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Like I said in another thread, I suppose its a good problem to have but when we are healthy we have more than 6 "top 6" players. Someone will get put on a line that's destined to get less ice time and likely be less productive and then we will say "wonder what happened to (whoever)"

For now I hope trotz doesn't screw with what's working. Keep horn and wilson with smith, and let the others play rock/paper/scissors to see who has to go on the third line

Edit: forgot leggy is out so right now we have pretty clear lines, imo.. Add erat fisher sk to the smith line above.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 08:58 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
For now I hope trotz doesn't screw with what's working. Keep horn and wilson with smith, and let the others play rock/paper/scissors to see who has to go on the third line
I think one game isn't enough to justify keeping those three permantly together and calling them our 1st line. Every 5th game we have a new line that takes over a game. could've been that ANA just had a horrible game. Could've been a Trotzy favorite "match-up". Or it could've been that they are our new 1st line and should remain together. But it's too soon to make that determination. Let's see how they play together over a 5 game stretch. Of course with Trotz's propensity to change lines, and the teams luck w/ injuries, that probably won't happen.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote