HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Predators Talk Part II

View Poll Results: Random question: Which of these jerseys do you like?
Preds normal home jersey 25 52.08%
Preds normal away jersey 23 47.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
11-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 500
Thanks for the info guys. Interesting to see, and it does sound like the ball is in Suter's court in terms of staying with the team. Although if Poile has plans on signing all his big three to $7 M deals, I'm not sure that's the best approach to building a team. Especially when the Preds need offense and none of those $7 M guys would be forwards.

For your sake I hope they find a way. For my Avs sake though, I hope EJ and Stastny can talk Suter into building a winner in Colorado.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Nashville is currently tied for 13th overall in scoring with Pittsburgh with a 2.80 G/G average. Ahead of teams like Detroit, Los Angeles, Edmonton, and Anaheim (teams people assume don't need offense). At present there is no need to worry about letting one of Weber or Suter go to free up money for offense. I ran some numbers yesterday, and even if we gave Suter and Weber each the same contract Rinne got, gave Wilson a raise to $3m, gave SK a raise (if he earns it) to $3.25m, gave Blum a bump to $1.35m (again, if he earns it), and gave each of Lindback and Hillen slight raises over their current salary the team would still have enough money to go out and spend on a forward if necessary. Of course, if the cap increases next year like it has been the amount of money left over could be in the $10m-$11m range (also assuming Trotz or the owners weren't blowing smoke when he made the comment about them informing him the Preds will be a cap team, or close to it, next year)

Old
11-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Nashville is currently tied for 13th overall in scoring with Pittsburgh with a 2.80 G/G average. Ahead of teams like Detroit, Los Angeles, Edmonton, and Anaheim (teams people assume don't need offense). At present there is no need to worry about letting one of Weber or Suter go to free up money for offense. I ran some numbers yesterday, and even if we gave Suter and Weber each the same contract Rinne got, gave Wilson a raise to $3m, gave SK a raise (if he earns it) to $3.25m, gave Blum a bump to $1.35m (again, if he earns it), and gave each of Lindback and Hillen slight raises over their current salary the team would still have enough money to go out and spend on a forward if necessary. Of course, if the cap increases next year like it has been the amount of money left over could be in the $10m-$11m range (also assuming Trotz or the owners weren't blowing smoke when he made the comment about them informing him the Preds will be a cap team, or close to it, next year)
Well.....yes, right now that's true but we are a pretty thin team offensively. Or so it seems. Yes our guys are gaining chemistry and maybe that is helping to boost some offensive productivity but I wouldn't really get too confident in our scoring. While I agree that the loss at home to San Jose was, as of now, the game that turned the tide I still view us as a team that could use offense in any capacity.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:33 PM
codeyh
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to codeyh
Craig Smith, with more NHL experience as the year goes on.

Beast mode.

Old
11-11-2011, 04:50 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
I voted Suter. I'm a big Shea Weber fan, but I have to admit he gets some additional pub because of his shot. However, while is shot is big, it really doesn't score that often
Weber has finished top 3 in Defenseman goals in all the past 3 years...

Not to mention everyone guards his shots because the rest of our team is scoring challenged (including Suter).

If Weber was surrounded by true 1st liners, he'd be potting upwards of 30 goals.

Our offensive struggles would be greatly amplified without Weber. Plus, he's pretty dang good defensively himself.

Last edited by dulzhok: 11-11-2011 at 06:38 PM.
Old
11-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post

If Weber was surrounded by true 1st liners, he'd be potting upwards of 30 goals.
30 goals is a bit far fetched.
Id say 20 goals consistently

Old
11-12-2011, 01:17 AM
cleangene

Any updates on the status of #11 following 11-11-11?? It just wouldn't be right for the Predators not to have "Mr. Predator" on the ice for game 1,000.

Old
11-13-2011, 04:21 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...Rx5p36FawOdh7K

Old
11-13-2011, 10:13 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Not surprising. There are always disputes over what is and isn't sport related revenue. I would bet that in the preds case the PA will try to claim money paid to the team by the city for arena mgmt is HRR

Old
11-13-2011, 11:52 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Any interest in Nik Hagman off re-entry waivers? He's only 1.5 mil and we can use some veteran leadership.

Our Line-up when 100% healthy ( I know)

Horny-Smith-Wilson
Erat-Fisher-SK
Hagman-Legwand-Erat
Tootoo-Smithson-Halischuk

McGrattan-Spailing-Bergfors as extras for injured players, including Leggy right now.

Geoffrion to the AHL so he can get 1st line minutes

Old
11-13-2011, 12:33 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Not surprising. There are always disputes over what is and isn't sport related revenue. I would bet that in the preds case the PA will try to claim money paid to the team by the city for arena mgmt is HRR
That exactly what I believe they are after considering their stance in Phoenix...

Old
11-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

New poll question as the old one wasn't supposed to merge in, and Third Man In needed an assist.

Have no idea how relevant it is, but hey, it works, right?

Old
11-13-2011, 12:42 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Haha well I wasn't able to delete the poll after merging threads, but Moo kindly came through and altered it

Old
11-13-2011, 12:47 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
LOL! I saw ThirdMan's PM last night, but couldn't find a way to delete the poll. Guess we can keep it going as a changing poll for the thread as it continues...

Old
11-13-2011, 12:59 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

The one thing I'll warn you: I don't know if you can revote in a poll once you've revoted, even if you delete the votes to 0-0.

If it's that much of an issue, just close the thread and restart it as a II.5 version or something maybe? Whatever works I guess.

Old
11-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
Any interest in Nik Hagman off re-entry waivers? He's only 1.5 mil and we can use some veteran leadership.

Our Line-up when 100% healthy ( I know)

Horny-Smith-Wilson
Erat-Fisher-SK
Hagman-Legwand-Erat
Tootoo-Smithson-Halischuk

McGrattan-Spailing-Bergfors as extras for injured players, including Leggy right now.

Geoffrion to the AHL so he can get 1st line minutes
From someone who watched him play on the leafs, he's not really Trotz guy. He's got fantastic hands, but doesn't play hard enough and doesn't play defense. He's a guy you hate one moment, and love the next.

I have a feeling anaheim will pick him up, they need secondary scoring. Hagman - Koivu - Selanne would look decent.

Old
11-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
From someone who watched him play on the leafs, he's not really Trotz guy. He's got fantastic hands, but doesn't play hard enough and doesn't play defense. He's a guy you hate one moment, and love the next.

I have a feeling anaheim will pick him up, they need secondary scoring. Hagman - Koivu - Selanne would look decent.
Fair enough. I figure there are worse options for 1.5 mil, but i doubt he gets to is anyways.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:25 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

I'm in Miami for business and heading to the Panthers/Flyers game tonight to see all of our ex-Preds. Timonen, Hartnell, Goc, Upshall, and Santorelli. Hopefully it's not as boring as the Flyers/Bolts game the other night!

Old
11-13-2011, 03:43 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
I'm in Miami for business and heading to the Panthers/Flyers game tonight to see all of our ex-Preds. Timonen, Hartnell, Goc, Upshall, and Santorelli. Hopefully it's not as boring as the Flyers/Bolts game the other night!
Interested to know how Goc is performing.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:37 AM
pekkaslap

Not sure if anyone's posted yet, but All-Star voting has started. vote.nhl.com vote for our Preds, especially Pekka! haha.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:45 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

there's a campaign to write in craig smith, as well.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Everlong
-

espn.com

Nashville Predators GM David Poile is planning to meet with the agent for defenseman Ryan Suter on Wednesday. He's hoping the momentum created by the signing of star goalie Pekka Rinne will help get a deal done with Suter (set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season) and RFA-to-be Shea Weber.

"[Suter] wants to be in Nashville, so we're hoping to fit everybody in," Poile told ESPN.com before the Hall induction. "Pekka's signing should be meaningful in terms of the commitment by the team and the player and the amount. I think Ryan and Shea can see where we're going."

Old
11-14-2011, 11:16 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
espn.com

Nashville Predators GM David Poile is planning to meet with the agent for defenseman Ryan Suter on Wednesday. He's hoping the momentum created by the signing of star goalie Pekka Rinne will help get a deal done with Suter (set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season) and RFA-to-be Shea Weber.

"[Suter] wants to be in Nashville, so we're hoping to fit everybody in," Poile told ESPN.com before the Hall induction. "Pekka's signing should be meaningful in terms of the commitment by the team and the player and the amount. I think Ryan and Shea can see where we're going."
The only thing that angers me about that is the ESPN part but I can deal with it.

Old
11-16-2011, 10:33 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

FWIW, Bob McKenzie just said on NHL on the Fly that Nashville "will be a cap team going forward" while talking about negotiations with Suter. I know Trotz said the same thing on the radio last week, but McKenzie is legit so it gives me more hope

Old
11-17-2011, 12:35 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
FWIW, Bob McKenzie just said on NHL on the Fly that Nashville "will be a cap team going forward" while talking about negotiations with Suter. I know Trotz said the same thing on the radio last week, but McKenzie is legit so it gives me more hope
are you sayng bob mckenzie, he of the toronto traditionalist elite is a more credible source than barry trotz?

Closed Thread