HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Jagr Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2011, 09:56 PM
River Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
This is a vastly better team than the one that won the cup in 09. Washington is the only team in the east imo that has matched our progression, which is why it'll be a battle in the ECF. Maybe they choke again and we get an easier ride to the Finals.

Geno with Neal and Sullivan, an offensively improved Cooke/Staal/TK as our third line once again and Martin/Michalek matching up against Ovy are pretty big advantages.

Chimera/Laich/Ward do scare me as a playoff line. They'll be tough to contain.
I think this team is a cup caliber team as well.

However, Washington is also a much better team than they were in 09. Plus, they've had our number the last couple of years.

Old
11-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruncher11 View Post
Theres nothing wrong with Jagr saying his teammate is a great player, but to say that he is better than Lemieux is laughable.
Some of you people are funny. In an interview later Jagr was questioned again about the the remarks about Giroux and Lemieux and Jagr was just laughing out loud saying he could not believe some people did not understand it was a joke

Old
11-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan View Post
Meh. Like I said, Jagr will get something like 25 goals. But there is good reason Detroit and the Pens passed when the price went up. Nothing that happened last night changed my thoughts on that and I am sure the Pens feel the same. Sullivan will end up with similar points for a third of the cost. But move that aside. When Jagr went into bid for me mode I would not have wanted him given his past at any cost. He has a lousy history and is a bad risk of blowing up your locker room.
Nobody ever said Jagr wanted more money, so it seems Jagr was more busy deciding what was the best fit. Jagr never asked Shero for more money.

If you had followed Jagrs career since he left the Capitals (in fact Calle Johansson said about Jagr Capitals tenure that Jagr was like any other guy, you could never know he was a superstar in the lockerroom. He said he thought Jagr was a very kind guy and the only thing he did wrong was to blame himself too much for not playing up to standards) you would too understand that the concern about Jagr ruining the chemistry or anything is way overblown. He has been nothing but praised since then, like most other veterans becoming a leader and teacher when approaching the last part of their careers.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
Nobody ever said Jagr wanted more money, so it seems Jagr was more busy deciding what was the best fit. Jagr never asked Shero for more money.

If you had followed Jagrs career since he left the Capitals (in fact Calle Johansson said about Jagr Capitals tenure that Jagr was like any other guy, you could never know he was a superstar in the lockerroom. He said he thought Jagr was a very kind guy and the only thing he did wrong was to blame himself too much for not playing up to standards) you would too understand that the concern about Jagr ruining the chemistry or anything is way overblown. He has been nothing but praised since then, like most other veterans becoming a leader and teacher when approaching the last part of their careers.
Why are you resurecting old posts in an old thread? Honestly I do not give a rat's ass about Jagr until he comes to town next month so I can boo him loudly the entire damn game.

My comments from back then are still true though, Jagr is a major flake who still could go bat**** Zherdev crazy on the Flyers and blow up a lockerroom. Detroit obviously felt the same, which does say something. We all knew he could score, I still stand by my 25 or so goals 65 or so points. Even if he pads those slightly he was not worth the chance at almost $4 million given his history, and frankly his behavior so far this year. We had a couple million to burn that we would not have missed if the gamble did not pay off. Anymore would have hurt the team potentially. So honestly, most of us have no regrets and still say 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Jaromir'.

I just wish this thread would have been dying alive long ago so that people could not keep resurrecting weeks old posts.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Why are you resurecting old posts in an old thread? Honestly I do not give a rat's ass about Jagr until he comes to town next month so I can boo him loudly the entire damn game.

My comments from back then are still true though, Jagr is a major flake who still could go bat**** Zherdev crazy on the Flyers and blow up a lockerroom. Detroit obviously felt the same, which does say something. We all knew he could score, I still stand by my 25 or so goals 65 or so points. Even if he pads those slightly he was not worth the chance at almost $4 million given his history, and frankly his behavior so far this year. We had a couple million to burn that we would not have missed if the gamble did not pay off. Anymore would have hurt the team potentially. So honestly, most of us have no regrets and still say 'don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out Jaromir'.

I just wish this thread would have been dying alive long ago so that people could not keep resurrecting weeks old posts.
You keep saying this, and yet you're the one who looks silly for constantly comparing Jaromir Jagr to Nikolai Zherdev. That's a joke. And the Red Wings, not Jagr, look silly for not pursuing him further. Ask Wings fans if they wouldn't rather have 68 or Todd Bertuzzi? 68 or Dan Cleary?

Come on. I know you hate the man but at least try to sound logical.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:

Because you are so ignorant and still making false assumptions based on Jagrs character 10 years ago.

Does the fact that Jagr wanted to feel the GM of the team he was going to sign with really wanted him on the team and not just made an offer to save his own butt mean that Jaromir Jagr would not play up to standards and ruin the team chemistry?

Are we judging Jaromir Jagr based on people who spent the last 7 years on the same team as him, or are we judging him from what happened a few days around free agency?

Does this mean that if I am in 2021 negotiating for a new job contract and are taking time while making sure I will feel happy and needed at my new job while getting a good salary mean I have not learned anything or matured a bit during the last 10 years? Does it make me a bad person that will poison my new work place with my badness?

Would you also like to be judged as person for some half questionable act you made one time during the last 10 years?

Jagr might have been more nice to the Penguins had he rejected their offer before Shero pulled the offer, but that has zero to with what Jagr could have done with the Penguins or not. I just think its a joke to judge a persons whole character based on some stuff that is hardly uncommon in the business.

The arguments ony whty Jagr is evil are so pathetic that its obvious its only a way of people trying to justify their hatred!

Shero did what he thought was best for the Penguins, Jagr did what was best for him - no reason to be hating on anybody, thats just sad.

Last edited by Lesky: 11-08-2011 at 02:23 PM.
Old
11-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Because you are so ignorant and still making false assumptions based on Jagr character 10 years ago.

Does the fact that Jagr wanted to feel the GM of the team he was going to sign with really wanted him on the team and not just made an offer to save his own butt mean that Jaromir Jagr would not play up to standards and ruin the team chemistry?

Are we judging Jaromir Jagr based on people who spent the last 7 years on the same team as him, or are we judging him from what happened a few days around free agency?

Does this mean that if I am in 2021 negotiating for a new job contract and are taking time while making sure I will feel happy and needed at my new job while getting a good salary mean I have not learned anything or matured a bit during the last 10 years? Does it make me a bad person that will poison my new work place with my badness?

Would you also like to be judged as person for some half questionable act you made one time during the last 10 years?

Jagr might have been more nice to the Penguins had he rejected their offer before Shero pulled the offer, but that has zero to with what Jagr could have done with the Penguins or not. I just think its a joke to judge a persons whole character based on some stuff that is hardly uncommon in the business.
If I, or others, agree with you, would it make your day sunshine and roses? Sorry to disappoint, but Jagr was, and IS, immature. He is talented, but no longer the elite talent he was and unlikely to make it through an entire year at his age, which will temper his numbers. Honestly there were other options out there that could give us numbers not far off from his over the course of a year, at a fraction of the cost, and less of a risk. That is the way we went. What do you want for us, to be crying over our beers about Jagr not working out here? Don't hold your breath bro, we seem to be doing just fine without him.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:
If I, or others, agree with you, would it make your day sunshine and roses? Sorry to disappoint, but Jagr was, and IS, immature. He is talented, but no longer the elite talent he was and unlikely to make it through an entire year at his age, which will temper his numbers. Honestly there were other options out there that could give us numbers not far off from his over the course of a year, at a fraction of the cost, and less of a risk. That is the way we went. What do you want for us, to be crying over our beers about Jagr not working out here? Don't hold your breath bro, we seem to be doing just fine without him.
I do not strive for people to agree with me. I only want people to respect others and not start irrational hate towards someone when its not deserved. That is not productive in any way or form.

People can feel whatever they want about Jagr, but when you state for a fact "Jagr NOW is immature" thats totally uncalled for and is not based on anything but your own hate.

Stop hating and besmudging one of the greatest Penguins of all time, boo him if you want but there is no reason to
fabricate very lame reasons to hate the guy.

The Penguins are doing fine without him, and thats awesome - one more reason not to feel bitter about how the Jagr watch turned out.

Old
11-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
I do not strive for people to agree with me. I only want people to respect others and not start irrational hate towards someone when its not deserved. That is not productive in any way or form.

People can feel whatever they want about Jagr, but when you state for a fact "Jagr NOW is immature" thats totally uncalled for and is not based on anything but your own hate.

Stop hating and besmudging one of the greatest Penguins of all time.

The Penguins are doing fine without him, and thats awesome - one more reason not to feel bitter about Jagr.
Case in point: How he handled the entire back to the NHL thing that had the Pens and Detroit exasperated by his games. His comments poking at the Pens and their fans since he came back when most of us had long ago moved on.

I did not even think about him until you bumped comments I made from a while ago.

As I said this thread should have died, and looked to be dead after some sputtering a few days ago. You resurrected it, not me. Most of us do not care at all about him anymore, unless he, or someone like you, pokes the hornet's nest again.

Old
11-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Jagr Fanboys: STATS!

Bitter Jagr Ex-Fanboys from the 1990s: TEAM CHEMISTRY!

Get Caputi back to satisfy the first group, talk Gary Roberts out of retirement for the latter, and then bring back Bad Ass Billy Guerin for the stats AND team chemistry.

Reunite Kunitz-Crosby-Guerin and Cooke-Staal-Kennedy lines from the Cup run. Jesus Caputi and Jesus Vitale will each put up 50 on the 4th line. President's Trophy, here we come!

Old
11-08-2011, 05:48 PM
DegenX
#FireMorehouse

Man ... this thread is like a train wreck

Old
11-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:

Pretty much this. The Penguins threw around money 2 summers ago and they had a very limited cap this past summer. So they all but demanded that he sign in Pittsburgh and for what they offered him. And as always, all the blame fell on Jagr when he found a better fit.

He's a talented hard worker who was a big part of the best years the Pens franchise has ever and will ever see.

Old
11-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
You keep saying this, and yet you're the one who looks silly for constantly comparing Jaromir Jagr to Nikolai Zherdev. That's a joke. And the Red Wings, not Jagr, look silly for not pursuing him further. Ask Wings fans if they wouldn't rather have 68 or Todd Bertuzzi? 68 or Dan Cleary?

Come on. I know you hate the man but at least try to sound logical.
The season is young, and the list of Holland and Shero's prudent moves is long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
Pretty much this. The Penguins threw around money 2 summers ago and they had a very limited cap this past summer. So they all but demanded that he sign in Pittsburgh and for well above the league minimum he said he'd play for. And as always, all the blame fell on Jagr when he was held accountable for his own careless comments.
Fixed that for you.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
The season is young, and the list of Holland and Shero's prudent moves is long.

Fixed that for you.
Yeah yeah we all know how the Penguins (classless and immature as always) cried when Jagr wouldn't succumb to their pigeon hole tactics. Trying to strong arm a man based off some aloof comment to some random reporter (who they probably hired to get the seemingly innocent quote out of him) is pretty weak. He chose a better fit, got more money, and didn't come crawling back to the jagoffs who ignorantly booed his presence on the ice despite YEARS of being what Crosby is now to the team. Just like they cried when Hossa said he would play for a "great team".

Jagr probably would have played for the Pens if a better fit didn't come along. Blame Holmgrim for being a better GM if you have to blame anybody.

Old
11-11-2011, 11:21 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Yeah yeah we all know how the Penguins (classless and immature as always) cried when Jagr wouldn't succumb to their pigeon hole tactics. Trying to strong arm a man based off some aloof comment to some random reporter (who they probably hired to get the seemingly innocent quote out of him) is pretty weak.

He chose a better fit, got more money, and didn't come crawling back to the jagoffs who ignorantly booed his presence on the ice despite YEARS of being what Crosby is now to the team. Just like they cried when Hossa said he would play for a "great team".

Jagr probably would have played for the Pens if a better fit didn't come along. Blame Holmgrim for being a better GM if you have to blame anybody.
I remember being 10...

I had this rad Entertech M-60 Rambo Edition squirt gun... but "the man" didn't like that...

"The look! The feel! The sound! So real! Entertech!"

Old
11-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Yeah yeah we all know how the Penguins (classless and immature as always) cried when Jagr wouldn't succumb to their pigeon hole tactics. Trying to strong arm a man based off some aloof comment to some random reporter (who they probably hired to get the seemingly innocent quote out of him) is pretty weak. He chose a better fit, got more money, and didn't come crawling back to the jagoffs who ignorantly booed his presence on the ice despite YEARS of being what Crosby is now to the team. Just like they cried when Hossa said he would play for a "great team".

Are you even a Penguins fan? Sure doesn't sound like it. The bolded part may be the most asinine thing I have ever read (it's certainly up there).

Old
11-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
The Dynamic Duo

Quote:
Just so I've got things straight here:

Longtime Hockey News staff writer Ken Campbell = random reporter the Pens probably hired to coax quote from Jagr

Shero following up on a player's expressed desire to play for the Penguins at a huge discount = "pigeon hole tactics"

Gotcha.

Quote:
Holmgrim?

Old
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
JTG

Quote:

You cracked the code!

Old
11-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Coach John McGuirk
ヽ(。_)ノ

Calling him Holmgrim is almost as hysterical as saying he's a better GM than Ray Shero.

Old
11-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Epic Collapse

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
Are you even a Penguins fan? Sure doesn't sound like it.
He's not. Look at his post history. It seems he mostly spends his time chatting about Buffalo Sabres related topics.

Old
11-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
He's not. Look at his post history. It seems he mostly spends his time chatting about Buffalo Sabres related topics.
Good to know. I just looked at it saying his location was Pittsburgh and he posted in the Niskanen thread as well so I just assumed he was a Pens fan. His posts now make more sense.

Old
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Just so I've got things straight here:

Longtime Hockey News staff writer Ken Campbell = random reporter the Pens probably hired to coax quote from Jagr

Shero following up on a player's expressed desire to play for the Penguins at a huge discount = "pigeon hole tactics"

Gotcha.

Holmgrim?
Whatever, my posts are awesome. Holmgrim should thank me for making his name cool.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:10 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Old School

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Welp.. I'm actually surprised it lasted this long.

Closed Thread