HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Viewing (Providers, HD, Online, Etc)

Old
11-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

vCash: 500
should be in the all things viewing, but what does this mean for an end date to this crap? Whats the date I should be getting it in HD, still Thanksgiving?

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:35 PM
gotmonte

LOL about the baby jesus comment. I love that movie!

Anyways, good deal. Madison Square Garden and Cablevision have ENOUGH money and need to stop being a MONOPOLY on certain feeds.

Work out a price for other companies to use your service(s) and everyone is happy.

I hate james Dolan (and I am a Cablevision Subscriber and decades and decades long die hard rangers fan!)

gotmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Staals Eye
What me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin Steve View Post
should be in the all things viewing, but what does this mean for an end date to this crap? Whats the date I should be getting it in HD, still Thanksgiving?
The FCC said MSG had 30 days to make the nets available to both AT&T and Verizon on reasonable terms and conditions.

Crap, didn't see that thread...

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Woohoo and I just switched to Fios last week!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:45 PM
SRTtoZ

Yep denied, we are getting it. They have 15 days to comply from yesterday.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Reijo R

They have until 11/25 to comply, but I'm still thinking Dolan will do SOMETHING to delay this. Not sure what his options are but I'm skeptical that us FiOS subscribers will be watching MSG HD anytime soon. Sorry to be such a wet blanket.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:59 PM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
Yep denied, we are getting it. They have 15 days to comply from yesterday.
Where is this November 25th deadline coming from? Last I heard was the 14th. Seems like the days are always being inched up and up.

coatjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:02 PM
pwoz

I switched to FIOS from Comcast about 2 1/2 years ago and the ONE COMPLAINT has been no MSG HD... *** Dolan!

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:04 PM
broadwayblue

My only reason not to switch to FiOS is gone. Good work FCC.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Thank you for sharing this wonderful news. I haven't been able to watch hockey games in HD regularly since I was in school in florida!

JerseyGuy276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:15 PM
truebluegoalie

Anyone know if there is any chance it will be carried on FIOS OUTSIDE the NY area?

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Krampus
Call me Nils

vCash: 420

Krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:44 PM
SRTtoZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by coatjones View Post
Where is this November 25th deadline coming from? Last I heard was the 14th. Seems like the days are always being inched up and up.
The US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit denied the request for emergency stay filed by Cablevision and MSG- http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-310923A1.pdf

Then, the FCC has denied the application for review, and dismissed as moot a petition for stay- http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-11-167A1.pdf

This MO&O gives MSG 15 days to comply and provide Verizon with the HD channels, unless a carriage agreement with Verizon provides for a later date. That equals the day after Thanksgiving. The good news is that this is the end of the line for Cablevision and MSG. The court of appeals has denied a stay, and the Commission has denied the appeal. I guess they could try and appeal the ruling, but they would have to provide the HD channels in the meantime. After they are selling their channels to both Verizon and AT&T, it would be pretty hard to convince a court that the extra carriage fees are causing harm to MSG.

SRTtoZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:19 PM
azrok22

Quote:
The US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit denied the request for emergency stay filed by Cablevision and MSG- http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-310923A1.pdf

Then, the FCC has denied the application for review, and dismissed as moot a petition for stay- http://transition.fcc.gov/Daily_Rele...C-11-167A1.pdf

This MO&O gives MSG 15 days to comply and provide Verizon with the HD channels, unless a carriage agreement with Verizon provides for a later date. That equals the day after Thanksgiving. The good news is that this is the end of the line for Cablevision and MSG. The court of appeals has denied a stay, and the Commission has denied the appeal. I guess they could try and appeal the ruling, but they would have to provide the HD channels in the meantime. After they are selling their channels to both Verizon and AT&T, it would be pretty hard to convince a court that the extra carriage fees are causing harm to MSG.
Great find on the 2nd Circuit's order. That is huge, because the only avenue for appeal left would be the U.S. Supreme Court. The end is finally in sight.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
coatjones
Debauchery #1

Send a message via AIM to coatjones
Quote:

I hope you're right then. Looking forward to Rangers @ Capitals on the 25th in HD from my own home for once!

coatjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:23 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Great find on the 2nd Circuit's order. That is huge, because the only avenue for appeal left would be the U.S. Supreme Court. The end is finally in sight.
You know Dolan is going to try to get it there.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:31 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
You know Dolan is going to try to get it there.
No doubt that he will try, but the 2nd Circuit was significantly more likely to hear the matter (and grant the stay) than the S.C.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:20 PM
ranger_nick

i wonder if center ice will one day show msg games in HD.

ranger_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
I would be shocked if the SCOTUS granted cert for this case.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:32 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I would be shocked if the SCOTUS granted cert for this case.
Quit trying to use fancy law acronyms all of a sudden, you just started school!

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
gluvhand

My only concern here is that Cablevision will prolong this by playing hardball in negotiations or does the fact that precedents have been set with Dish, TW, Comcast, etc... mean this concern is unwarranted?

gluvhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Vernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_nick View Post
i wonder if center ice will one day show msg games in HD.
I hear you. Anybody with greater knowledge of these things know if these actions affect those of us in the Great White North? I'm so tired of having to pick between watching MSG in low-def, or the visiting team in high-def. I swear, if I have to hear one more Staal brothers 2-on-2 story...

Vernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:36 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
I have been told NHL center ice provides both teams feeds on two separate channels "when available." Does anyone have feedback on this? I would rather continue to watch online streams than buy center ice if I have to listen to the other announcers half the time

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 08:51 AM
rangerfan2

The end, finally, is in sight. And in HD no less.

"Like a home team win in overtime, Verizon, at last, expects to be able to offer its FiOS TV subscribers the channels of the MSG Network in high-definition in the coming weeks.

In September, the Federal Communications Commission ruled that MSG, which until recently had been owned by Cablevision, was out of bounds for refusing to sell Verizon the HD formats of MSG Network's two regional sports channels in the greater New York region. Last week, that decision was upheld by the commission, and a stay of the decision was denied by a federal appeals court.

The HD feeds of both MSG and MSG+ are ultimately expected to be made available to FiOS TV subscribers in New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The two channels will be included in all levels of FiOS TV service packages, except FiOS TV Local.

The company expects the channels to be available in mid-December. The exact channel locations will be determined closer to launch date. FiOS TV already carries MSG and MSG+ in standard definition (SD) format. "

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ver...-hd-2011-11-16

Last edited by rangerfan2: 11-16-2011 at 08:56 AM.
rangerfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Reijo R

Mid-December? WTF? Well, I guess the end is in sight, so can't complain too much, but geez.........

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote