HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 14 - The Minnesota WildSharks of San Jose - Intrasquad Scrimmage - 7:30 pm PST

Old
11-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Markus
Registered Lurker

vCash: 500
They mentioned the taco minutes during warmups and it got somewhat boo'ed by the people that actually noticed it. The jumbotron had a "taco minutes" graphic on the top right corner starting at the 18 minute mark. After Mitchell's goal the ring-around-the-arena thing had the code and the number to text. But, yeah, it was pretty low key.

Markus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Berto2k

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irbelikewall View Post
I found it amusing that they did not make any mention of the taco minute during the last minute of the second period last night. There was a perfect opportunity to do it during a stopage before the 1 min mark, and during it at about 40 seconds. I assume it's because of all the booing every time they do mention it.

Then once everyone "won" free tacos they didn't even announce it until intermission.

I think they underestimated the fury of scorned pizzaless sharks fans...

I will continue to boo this BS taco crap every time it is announced until I get some sort of pizza back! Just say no to "meat" paste s*** in a warmed up stale taco shell!
They had the "text tacos to 74499 to get tacos" msg on the circular ad board right after the goal. i also noticed they put the logo for "taco minutes" in the top right corner of the big screen when the 2 minute mark hit. but ya, no pa announcement until intermission.

Berto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 04:08 PM
Wedontneedroads

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berto2k View Post
They had the "text tacos to 74499 to get tacos" msg on the circular ad board right after the goal. i also noticed they put the logo for "taco minutes" in the top right corner of the big screen when the 2 minute mark hit. but ya, no pa announcement until intermission.
I saw that as well, and was waiting for Danny Miller to make his announcement and give me a chance to boo. Unfortunately it came during intermission, and my booing went largely unnoticed

I love the "We want pizza" chants that are arising when the Sharks score a 3rd goal though. I wonder if Amici's will do something like a free slice eventually. People clearly want pizza, not crappy "tacos".

Wedontneedroads is offline   Reply With Quote