HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Hockey in Britain

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-11-2011, 06:10 PM
  #176
Denzil
NOLU
 
Denzil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
edit: double post

Denzil is offline  
Old
10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
  #177
Denzil
NOLU
 
Denzil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coatsy79 View Post
Awesome, caught the Devils game last night, along with the legends game before the main game

After the game I got Hilton Ruggles autograph (my fave player for years now)
Vezio Sacratini, shook my hand, i think he miss took me for someone else and Shannon Hope (Devils director of hockey) was looking for a beer in my pocket!!!!

Over all a random night! Enjoyed myself hugely, love how close you can get to the players in British Hockey!
Vez! Takes me back to my old days of watching the London Knights... And they still don't have a proper team in the capital - I ain't coming home til they do!

Denzil is offline  
Old
10-14-2011, 06:24 AM
  #178
Dillbotnik
Registered User
 
Dillbotnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Country: North Korea
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge94 View Post
How ironic is the fact that I always was a Montrealer and player of the game and yet I'd trade places with you guys any day of the week. I've had the biggest ''fetish'' for Britain (especially England) for longeer than I care to remember. Be it movies, TV, music, sports, I love everything British.

Anyone wanna swap?
Without a doubt, I am envious of any canadian haha.

Dillbotnik is offline  
Old
10-17-2011, 12:55 PM
  #179
AlanHUK
Registered User
 
AlanHUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Nottingham, England
Country: England
Posts: 1,452
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denzil View Post
Vez! Takes me back to my old days of watching the London Knights... And they still don't have a proper team in the capital - I ain't coming home til they do!
They really need to expand the elite league to bring back Manchester and London. 2 of the biggest cities in the UK without teams is insane

AlanHUK is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
  #180
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Hello.

Could someone give me a summary of the english hockey leagues from the EIHL and down? The leagues i know are the EIHL and the EPIHL, but some info about them too wouldn't hurt. The standards of the players, facilities, the hockey interest in the UK and so on. I will likely return with further questions if anyone answers.

Thanks.

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-09-2011, 05:02 PM
  #181
J17 Vs Proclamation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Reading.
Country: South Korea
Posts: 7,835
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Hello.

Could someone give me a summary of the english hockey leagues from the EIHL and down? The leagues i know are the EIHL and the EPIHL, but some info about them too wouldn't hurt. The standards of the players, facilities, the hockey interest in the UK and so on. I will likely return with further questions if anyone answers.

Thanks.
I can't really tell you much about the leagues, players, areans or facilities (what little there is of them). But i can discuss popularity.

Basically, ice hockey isn't really popular at all. It has very small participation (for instance, American football is suprisingly popular at University) whilst ice hockey doesn't really exist. My age group (18-25) from my experience has no interest in the sport. I've met roughly a handful of people with any interest in the NHL (Not the sport, that is less) and thats only because they've picked a random team through either the NHL game or something, but they know next to nothing about the game, rules, league etc. I know no one who knows anything about ice hockey.

I can't really give any information on the problems of the infrastructure and league in any depth because i don't follow the hbockey here and have never played it. What is clear is that firstly, no real culture of ice skating exists here. It's not very popular and rinks are few and far between. Those that do exist, well ice hockey doesn't have priority. Secondly, it's impossible for a young person to get involved. Won't find it through school, media etc so if you do catch the bug it is pure random chance. Thirdly, the competition for sports is fierce. Football dominates the scene, with many other secondary sports competing and doing quite well. With one absolute king and many many many possible alternatives, ice hockey is about the last thing you'd choose for your child or likely get into at adulthood.

Hope that helps a little, but you'll have to hope somebody else can answer specifics on the league.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 03:24 AM
  #182
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
I can't really tell you much about the leagues, players, areans or facilities (what little there is of them). But i can discuss popularity.

Basically, ice hockey isn't really popular at all. It has very small participation (for instance, American football is suprisingly popular at University) whilst ice hockey doesn't really exist. My age group (18-25) from my experience has no interest in the sport. I've met roughly a handful of people with any interest in the NHL (Not the sport, that is less) and thats only because they've picked a random team through either the NHL game or something, but they know next to nothing about the game, rules, league etc. I know no one who knows anything about ice hockey.

I can't really give any information on the problems of the infrastructure and league in any depth because i don't follow the hbockey here and have never played it. What is clear is that firstly, no real culture of ice skating exists here. It's not very popular and rinks are few and far between. Those that do exist, well ice hockey doesn't have priority. Secondly, it's impossible for a young person to get involved. Won't find it through school, media etc so if you do catch the bug it is pure random chance. Thirdly, the competition for sports is fierce. Football dominates the scene, with many other secondary sports competing and doing quite well. With one absolute king and many many many possible alternatives, ice hockey is about the last thing you'd choose for your child or likely get into at adulthood.

Hope that helps a little, but you'll have to hope somebody else can answer specifics on the league.
Ok so there isn't any interest even for the highest level of competition in the EIHL?

Thank you for the answer.

Are there someone on here that follows English icehockey who could hand me some info?

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-10-2011, 06:32 PM
  #183
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Ok so there isn't any interest even for the highest level of competition in the EIHL?

Thank you for the answer.

Are there someone on here that follows English icehockey who could hand me some info?
Ok firstly, attendance figures. Its too much effort to find the stats for each individual club so I've just looked at the top 100 average attendances in Europe from last season:
Nottingham Panthers are at 62 with 4,506
Belfast Giants are at 87 with 3,566
Basically they do better than some teams in the top euro leagues including the KHL and DEL.
The EIHL had the 9th highest average attendance of the Euro leagues with 1,861 which was higher than the norwegian league.

The standard of the EIHL is comparable to the ECHL but this is mostly due to the fact each team is allowed 10 'imports' on the roster. You are classed as an import if you have not played at least 2 years of junior hockey here. The imports in the EIHL are typically fringe AHL/ECHL players and guys who have played major junior or NCAA. The teams in this league are all based in the north except for Cardiff

In the EPIHL each team is allowed 4 imports, who are typically ex Slovak or Czech extraliga players with a few old washed up Canadians. Also I am a linesman at this level.

The leagues below are called the ENIHL (N is national) which is split into North and South who both have a division 1 and division 2 (I'm a backup goalie on a division 2 South team (I'm nearly 19 and have been playing since I was 15)

Hockey is actually fairly popular in the places that do actually have a team, but there are no more than 30 rinks in the country. Skating is popular where there is a rink but the problem is its just too expensive to take up hockey. Those who do play hockey are typically put on the ice by their parents at a young age, and it tends to be a family thing, like you are born into it, because it all depends where you are from. When I was young I watched the mighty ducks movies and I thought wow playing hockey would be awesome, unfortunately I didn't live near a rink so it would have been impossible for me to play, then I was lucky enough to move to a town where there is a rink, and a few of my new friends played, including a guy who now plays in the EIHL for Coventry Blaze.

In my opinion the standard of kids hockey here has massively dropped over the years, I played under 18s 2 seasons ago and even in that short a time I've noticed a significant drop in the standard of that league, which is the oldest level of junior hockey here. The main problem is it is very uncompetitive, games are often won by wide margins and as kids get older they just get bored of that and don't want to play anymore, especially if on the losing side.

We have managed to produce a few good talents over the years though, Dave Phillips bounced between the AHL and ECHL for the past 2 seasons but is now back in the EIHL, Colin Shields went over to play in the NAHL and got drafted, Tony Hand is a name worth researching and has a very interesting story.

I don't really know what to say to the infrastructure question, basically most of the rinks are **** and aren't really properly spread around the country, some people could be within 30 minutes drive of 3 rinks and others could be over 100 miles away from the closest one. Ice time is stupidly expensive and we don't get enough, with figure skating getting more.

I hope my response has been helpful and will answer any other questions you have


Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 11-10-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 08:38 AM
  #184
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
I hope my response has been helpful and will answer any other questions you have
Thanks for the good and long answer!

So, are you familiar with Swedish hockey in some way? I play here in Sweden( I'm Swedish too) and would like to get a comparison of the English and the Swedish leagues.

I know ECHL and Allsvenskan are quite equal, and I've heard that EIHL is for players with experience from Allsvenskan or the best Div.1 clubs, but what about the EPIHL, can you compare it to the good div1 here in Sweden or what? And what about the English div1 and 2, hows the standard of the game?

I don't expect you to know all about Swedish hockey, but it would be nice for me to know. I surely understands better when you compare to my countries leagues.

Sorry for the many Q's but I want to have more knowledge of British hockey.

Thanks!

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
  #185
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Thanks for the good and long answer!

So, are you familiar with Swedish hockey in some way? I play here in Sweden( I'm Swedish too) and would like to get a comparison of the English and the Swedish leagues.

I know ECHL and Allsvenskan are quite equal, and I've heard that EIHL is for players with experience from Allsvenskan or the best Div.1 clubs, but what about the EPIHL, can you compare it to the good div1 here in Sweden or what? And what about the English div1 and 2, hows the standard of the game?

I don't expect you to know all about Swedish hockey, but it would be nice for me to know. I surely understands better when you compare to my countries leagues.

Sorry for the many Q's but I want to have more knowledge of British hockey.

Thanks!
I would say the EIHL is about equal to the standard of the Allsvenskan, but that's only due to the amount of imports. The average Swedish player in the Allsvenskan would be better than an average British player in the EIHL. The starting goalie for Team GB Stephen Murphy played in the Allsvenskan in 05/06 and put up decent numbers.

In the EPIHL the Swindon Wildcats have a Swedish import Jonas Hoog, he came from Division 1 and does very well here (53 points in 29 games last season) and is a fan favorite. I would say the standard of the EPIHL is worse than Division 1, but you would have to be a pretty good player in Division 1 to get an import slot on an EPIHL team.

Last season in the English Division 1 South, Oxford City Stars had a Swedish goalie Robin Lindva, who came over from a Division 2 team, and he was by far the best goalie in the league. If he was not an import he would easily have got a starting job in the EPIHL (teams very rarely sign an import goalie in the EPIHL unless they are very very good, because they then have to sacrifice an import skater.) Lindva is now back in Sweden playing in Division 1.

English Division 1 and 2 are considered development leagues, out of the 20 teams in Division 1 (north and south combined) 9 of them are a development team of a club in the EIHL or EPIHL. This means they play in the same rink, so do not get many people watching the games, and players are allowed to be "called up" to the first team. Very few players get paid to play in Division 1, but most of them get given expenses, some teams are pay-to-play. Division 1 South is probably comparable to the Swedish Division 3, I've never seen a North game so couldn't comment on that league.

Division 2 is purely pay-to-play, almost every team is the development team of a team in a higher league. I play for the Basingstoke Buffalo, which is basically the reserve team of the Basingstoke Bison in the EPIHL. The standard is quite poor although you do get some players who used to play in higher leagues but don't anymore because they have work commitments and the higher leagues play too many games, we have a few guys like that on my team. Anything below Division 2 is just recreational or "beer league" hockey.

If you want to know anything else it's useful to have a look around the EliteProspects website at the EIHL and EPIHL league pages and see some of the players we have in those leagues and their stats. Here is a link to the "all star" team the EIHL put together to play the Boston Bruins in the NHL pre-season last year, which Boston won 5-1. http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards...%20Oct.%202010


Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 11-11-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 12:28 PM
  #186
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
I would say the EIHL is about equal to the standard of the Allsvenskan, but that's only due to the amount of imports. The average Swedish player in the Allsvenskan would be better than an average British player in the EIHL. The starting goalie for Team GB Stephen Murphy played in the Allsvenskan in 05/06 and put up decent numbers.

In the EPIHL the Swindon Wildcats have a Swedish import Jonas Hoog, he came from Division 1 and does very well here (53 points in 29 games last season) and is a fan favorite. I would say the standard of the EPIHL is worse than Division 1, but you would have to be a pretty good player in Division 1 to get an import slot on an EPIHL team.

Last season in the English Division 1 South, Oxford City Stars had a Swedish goalie Robin Lindva, who came over from a Division 2 team, and he was by far the best goalie in the league. If he was not an import he would easily have got a starting job in the EPIHL (teams very rarely sign an import goalie in the EPIHL unless they are very very good, because they then have to sacrifice an import skater.) Lindva is now back in Sweden playing in Division 1.

English Division 1 and 2 are considered development leagues, out of the 20 teams in Division 1 (north and south combined) 9 of them are a development team of a club in the EIHL or EPIHL. This means they play in the same rink, so do not get many people watching the games, and players are allowed to be "called up" to the first team. Very few players get paid to play in Division 1, but most of them get given expenses, some teams are pay-to-play. Division 1 South is probably comparable to the Swedish Division 3, I've never seen a North game so couldn't comment on that league.

Division 2 is purely pay-to-play, almost every team is the development team of a team in a higher league. I play for the Basingstoke Buffalo, which is basically the reserve team of the Basingstoke Bison in the EPIHL. The standard is quite poor although you do get some players who used to play in higher leagues but don't anymore because they have work commitments and the higher leagues play too many games, we have a few guys like that on my team. Anything below Division 2 is just recreational or "beer league" hockey.

If you want to know anything else it's useful to have a look around the EliteProspects website at the EIHL and EPIHL league pages and see some of the players we have in those leagues and their stats. Here is a link to the "all star" team the EIHL put together to play the Boston Bruins in the NHL pre-season last year, which Boston won 5-1. http://www.eliteprospects.com/awards...%20Oct.%202010
Ok so these English div1 teams that are reserve teams to EIHL or EPIHL teams, do they have a limit for imports too? And if you would be called up to the "big club" , do you count as an import?

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 01:54 PM
  #187
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Ok so these English div1 teams that are reserve teams to EIHL or EPIHL teams, do they have a limit for imports too? And if you would be called up to the "big club" , do you count as an import?
All the teams in Division 1 and 2 are allowed 2 imports, and they can't both be on the ice at the same time. It's very unlikely that one of the reserve teams would have an import anyway since they are low-budget and can't afford one, but yes if you were called up you would still count as an import, it would only ever happen if one of the "big club" imports got injured though.

Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 02:28 PM
  #188
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
All the teams in Division 1 and 2 are allowed 2 imports, and they can't both be on the ice at the same time. It's very unlikely that one of the reserve teams would have an import anyway since they are low-budget and can't afford one, but yes if you were called up you would still count as an import, it would only ever happen if one of the "big club" imports got injured though.
Ok.

Are every import goal/point scorers, or are there any imports who are imported for their defensive strength? Talking mainly about forwards now

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 02:46 PM
  #189
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Ok.

Are every import goal/point scorers, or are there any imports who are imported for their defensive strength? Talking mainly about forwards now
EIHL teams usually have an import enforcer, but in the EPIHL and Division 1 they're always expected to be a go-to-guy for offense and if they're a good defensive player also then that's great. Imports in Division 2 are just guys who live here because of work, or old washed up guys who came over to play and then stayed in the country

Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 03:26 PM
  #190
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
EIHL teams usually have an import enforcer, but in the EPIHL and Division 1 they're always expected to be a go-to-guy for offense and if they're a good defensive player also then that's great. Imports in Division 2 are just guys who live here because of work, or old washed up guys who came over to play and then stayed in the country
So the teams depend on getting pk specialists and such from the uk?

How about Scotland, they have a league too, right?


Last edited by bp spec: 11-11-2011 at 03:33 PM.
bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 04:05 PM
  #191
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
So the teams depend on getting pk specialists and such from the uk?

How about Scotland, they have a league too, right?
We don't really use "PK specialists" usually teams just put out their best Dmen and whatever forwards they trust on the ice for their PK, it's not like the NHL where teams have a top 6 and checking lines.

The EIHL has 4 Scottish teams in it, I don't know much about the Scottish National League (SNL) but it's not as good as the EPIHL, it's probably the same standard as Division 1 North.

Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 04:08 PM
  #192
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,914
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
I know ECHL and Allsvenskan are quite equal, and I've heard that EIHL is for players with experience from Allsvenskan or the best Div.1 clubs, but what about the EPIHL, can you compare it to the good div1 here in Sweden or what? And what about the English div1 and 2, hows the standard of the game?
Apologies if I'm interupting in your discussion, but I just wanted to give you a bit more of a gauge into the comparison between leagues.

The only Swedish players I can remember who have played here over the past few years are Johan Molin (A number of years in the Elitserien in the late 90's/early 00's), who was a very good player for Manchester, less so for Nottingham, Patrik Wallenberg, who I thought was a very good player for Nottingham, and Erik Hjalmarsson, who was a mid season replacement for my team the Coventry Blaze, and was a very good second line player. We've also had Matthias Soderstrom play for the Blaze, but he came over to England when he was very young, and has played practically all his career here. Coventry also have Peter Hirsch who played both Elitserien and Allsvenskan for a bit, and whilst he won the league with Coventry in 09/10, he's by no means the best in the country, especially in his second stint with us this year.

However, a fair few players have used the EIHL as a springboard into the Allsvenskan. The biggest success story is probably Mark Hurtubise, who was the best player on a pretty bad Edinburgh team, and he went to Olofstroms, and scored 75 points in 40 games. He had a season with Almtuna, scoring 37 in 52, before signing this season for Leksand. Tylor Michel is another player who's left for Sweden this year, signing with Bjorkloven in Division 1. He was one of my favourite players to watch, and arguably the best third liner in the league when he played for Cardiff. He's just under a point per game for them this season. The other former EIHL player in the Allsvenskan this year, is IMO, the best goalie to ever play in the Elite League, Trevor Koenig. He won the playoffs with a surprise Newcastle team, before coming to Coventry and winning the league (the league is always the bigger prize compared to the playoffs in the UK), in 07/08 and 08/09. He's now playing for Troja-Ljungby, and from what I've heard from my Swedish friend, is doing very well for them.

I hope that gives you at least some tools for comparison between the two leagues.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 05:05 PM
  #193
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
We don't really use "PK specialists" usually teams just put out their best Dmen and whatever forwards they trust on the ice for their PK, it's not like the NHL where teams have a top 6 and checking lines.

The EIHL has 4 Scottish teams in it, I don't know much about the Scottish National League (SNL) but it's not as good as the EPIHL, it's probably the same standard as Division 1 North.
Another thing I've noticed is that the EIHL teams have quite few players on their rosters (according to eliteprospects). Is it so that they only play with 3 lines and 3 d-pairings?

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 05:07 PM
  #194
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Apologies if I'm interupting in your discussion, but I just wanted to give you a bit more of a gauge into the comparison between leagues.

The only Swedish players I can remember who have played here over the past few years are Johan Molin (A number of years in the Elitserien in the late 90's/early 00's), who was a very good player for Manchester, less so for Nottingham, Patrik Wallenberg, who I thought was a very good player for Nottingham, and Erik Hjalmarsson, who was a mid season replacement for my team the Coventry Blaze, and was a very good second line player. We've also had Matthias Soderstrom play for the Blaze, but he came over to England when he was very young, and has played practically all his career here. Coventry also have Peter Hirsch who played both Elitserien and Allsvenskan for a bit, and whilst he won the league with Coventry in 09/10, he's by no means the best in the country, especially in his second stint with us this year.

However, a fair few players have used the EIHL as a springboard into the Allsvenskan. The biggest success story is probably Mark Hurtubise, who was the best player on a pretty bad Edinburgh team, and he went to Olofstroms, and scored 75 points in 40 games. He had a season with Almtuna, scoring 37 in 52, before signing this season for Leksand. Tylor Michel is another player who's left for Sweden this year, signing with Bjorkloven in Division 1. He was one of my favourite players to watch, and arguably the best third liner in the league when he played for Cardiff. He's just under a point per game for them this season. The other former EIHL player in the Allsvenskan this year, is IMO, the best goalie to ever play in the Elite League, Trevor Koenig. He won the playoffs with a surprise Newcastle team, before coming to Coventry and winning the league (the league is always the bigger prize compared to the playoffs in the UK), in 07/08 and 08/09. He's now playing for Troja-Ljungby, and from what I've heard from my Swedish friend, is doing very well for them.

I hope that gives you at least some tools for comparison between the two leagues.
No problem, I really appreciate your answer. Do you know anything about the Scottish hockey league?

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 05:22 PM
  #195
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Another thing I've noticed is that the EIHL teams have quite few players on their rosters (according to eliteprospects). Is it so that they only play with 3 lines and 3 d-pairings?
They usually have 3 full forward lines and 1 or 2 spares, who are often junior players.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you interested in British Hockey? Is it because you are possibly thinking of coming here to play?

Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 05:33 PM
  #196
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
They usually have 3 full forward lines and 1 or 2 spares, who are often junior players.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you interested in British Hockey? Is it because you are possibly thinking of coming here to play?
Okey.

Yes, actually. I'm a little young now, but after I've graduated, I wouldn't mind going to the uk


Last edited by bp spec: 11-11-2011 at 05:41 PM.
bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
  #197
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
Okey.

Yes, actually. I'm a little young now, but after I've graduated, I wouldn't mind going to the uk
How old are you and what level do you play in Sweden? What level would you be looking to play at in the UK?

Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 06:00 PM
  #198
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
How old are you and what level do you play in Sweden? What level would you be looking to play at in the UK?
16, so I'm talking about 3-4 years away.
I play U18's, and I practice and have played 9 games with our senior div1 this season. Im a ppg player in u18 but im pointless with the seniors. Scored a couple of points during the pre season though.

EPIHL, div1 or SNL

bp spec is offline  
Old
11-11-2011, 06:19 PM
  #199
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance
 
Propane Nightmares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: England land
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 45,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp spec View Post
16, so I'm talking about 3-4 years away.
I play U18's, and I practice and have played 9 games with our senior div1 this season. Im a ppg player in u18 but im pointless with the seniors. Scored a couple of points during the pre season though.

EPIHL, div1 or SNL
Teams don't sign young imports, usually the guys they bring in are in their mid-late twenties. I think the best thing for you would be to come over and get work, then find a div1 team and you should be able to get noticed by EPIHL teams if you score a lot of points. If you're good enough to play Swedish Div1 at your age then you should have no problem making it in the EPIHL eventually

Propane Nightmares is online now  
Old
11-11-2011, 06:55 PM
  #200
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
Teams don't sign young imports, usually the guys they bring in are in their mid-late twenties. I think the best thing for you would be to come over and get work, then find a div1 team and you should be able to get noticed by EPIHL teams if you score a lot of points. If you're good enough to play Swedish Div1 at your age then you should have no problem making it in the EPIHL eventually
I see, you've been very helpful answering all my Q's.

From one thing to an other..

what eihl team do you cheer for?

bp spec is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.