HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CHL vs. Russia

Old
11-11-2011, 07:40 PM
mchose

vCash: 500
CHL vs. Russia

Hey guys I'm new around here, first time poster. I just have a few questions about the CHL vs. Russia tournament, I apologize if this has been discussed previously. Anyways I understand that this is all junior players. Obviously the Russian team is made up of players from Russia, but do they normally play for a CHL team or junior teams from Russia? I don't really follow junior all that much. Also are the players on team CHL(WHL,QMJHL,OHL) all Canadian? Thanks guys.

mchose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Cfriss216

vCash: 500
The Russian players although they are junior aged usually play in the top mens league (The Kontinental Hockey League) or the MHL. Which is a farm system for that league. If there are russian players making an impact in the OHL, WHL, or QMJHL then they will play for that respective CHL team. Example would be Nail Yakupov (Sarnia), Grigorenko (Quebec), and Nemestnikov (London). But it all depends on if those russian coaches want those russians that are in the CHL on the team.

Yes all the OHL, WHL, and QMJHL players are canadian, since this is basically a tune up to see who they want to bring to the main camp for the World Junior Championship.

Cfriss216 is offline   Reply With Quote