HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mickey Redmond Soundboard

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Harnessed in Slums

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probert View Post
Mick is one of the best there is in my humble opinion. I was watching a game recently in which the Wings got a power play based on a weak call against the other team. Mickey lambasted the referees just as much about that call as he would have if the call had gone against Detroit. I know its only a matter of time before he retires, so folks please realize that you've got a living legend calling games for us here, so enjoy it while you can because you WILL miss him once he's gone. Its a real treat when the Wings fight, because it brings out some of the passion and fire in Mickey when the gloves get dropped. Not only is he one of the best color commentators out there, he always does a great job calling the fights as well. I remember how disappointed he was when he missed "The Brawl in Hockeytown" - he had been on his way from the booth down to the locker room to do an interview when all hell broke loose. You're truly one of the best Mickey, don't you dare ever change the way you call the game!

Yep, Mickey is old school and he is always willing to give an honest opinion on a call. If it's bad he'll say so and will usually say "if the ref had a chance to look at that one again he probably wouldn't have called a penalty". There's nothing wrong with showing some passion but when you combine that with a solid understanding of the history and the rules it makes Mr. Redmond one of the best in the biz.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:18 AM
jaster
I pay off the mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
He's funny to listen to, "Holy macro!" being one of my favorites
The phrase is actually "holy mackerel!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
One of my least favorite color commentators in the league. Annoying, homerish, often doesn't know what's going on.
Oh, leave Bob Errey alone.

Old
11-11-2011, 01:21 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
The phrase is actually "holy mackerel!"
Oh, bah, I knew that, why did I write macro? I think I stayed up a little too late last night playing the new Elder Scrolls game!

Old
11-11-2011, 01:45 AM
ricky0034

to me he's become an integral part of watching the Red Wings and I find it difficult to imagine him not being around someday,it will be a sad day when he eventually retires

simply put,I enjoy watching games a lot more when he's around

Old
11-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Drunkspleen
Face of the company

now we just need a Larry Murphy soundboard, it will have 12 different sound clips all about dollar hot dog night.

Old
11-11-2011, 10:28 AM
MissNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdToiletSeats View Post
they don't have BINGO BANGO? just bingo? wtf
I was thinking the same thing! First thing that pops in my head about Mickey.

At the game on Tuesday, Fox Sports stopped my friends and I and asked us about Mickey. I gave all the answers but didn't want to be on TV so my friend did the interview with my answers. It will be on Wingspan during the Thanksgiving weekend.

Old
11-11-2011, 10:47 AM
67coach

I have lived in Michigan since the early 90's and first heard Mickey with Dave Strader on Pass Sports.
Strader left for his gig with ESPN amd then Mike Goldberg took over in the 96/97 season. Fortunately for us,Goldberg only lasted a year and then we got Ken Daniels.

I had to move out of state in 08 and had to watch the games via NHL Center Ice or an internet feed and boy oh boy did I miss those guys. Watching a game without them was horrible, I eventually just turned the volume down and just watched the game when I couldn't get the FSD feed.

A couple of my personal favorite Mickey -isms

"Now , Now boys, it's a family show"

"Now that was a BC two hander"

"He'll need to buy him a few Ginger Ales after that"

While we are on the subject of Wings announcers, did anyone actually hear Bud Lynch call Dan Cleary "Don Cherry" on opening night?

I could have sworn he said "Number 11.....Don Cherry"

If anyone has a youtube link to that I would love to see it again

Old
11-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Harnessed in Slums

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67coach View Post
I have lived in Michigan since the early 90's and first heard Mickey with Dave Strader on Pass Sports.
Strader left for his gig with ESPN amd then Mike Goldberg took over in the 96/97 season. Fortunately for us,Goldberg only lasted a year and then we got Ken Daniels.

I had to move out of state in 08 and had to watch the games via NHL Center Ice or an internet feed and boy oh boy did I miss those guys. Watching a game without them was horrible, I eventually just turned the volume down and just watched the game when I couldn't get the FSD feed.

A couple of my personal favorite Mickey -isms

"Now , Now boys, it's a family show"

"Now that was a BC two hander"

"He'll need to buy him a few Ginger Ales after that"

While we are on the subject of Wings announcers, did anyone actually hear Bud Lynch call Dan Cleary "Don Cherry" on opening night?

I could have sworn he said "Number 11.....Don Cherry"

If anyone has a youtube link to that I would love to see it again
Yeah the BC two-hander is a classic Mickey-ism.

Old
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
His Beardliness
#SireBabcock

Detroit along with Dallas have the best broadcast crews in my opinion. They make it a joy watching.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
Detroit along with Dallas have the best broadcast crews in my opinion. They make it a joy watching.
Razor is a pleasure to listen to for Dallas. Not only do his verbal gymnastics delight, but he's a balanced commentator who always has positive things to say about the opposition.

It's no surprise Razor was snatched up by Versus for games previously, and this season he's doing all the West coast Hockey Night in Canada broadcasts.

Old
11-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Human Thumb*

No button for a 10 minute story about a random Canadiens player from the 70s?

Old
11-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Bench
Realgud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turquoise View Post
No button for a 10 minute story about a random Canadiens player from the 70s?
blolz, nice

Old
11-11-2011, 11:00 PM
setemupknockem

Hidden mickey clips within

Did you find the two easter egg clips hidden in the soundboard? There are two more hidden buttons you can click.

Closed Thread