HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Face it: Arena issue too big to push aside

Old
11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Steve55

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
Or they find it as frustrating, infantile and senseless the idea that a team not trying to win is trying to get a free arena. (or major help)

Wake me up when Wang doesn't.
Well there is NO guarantee other municipalities would share the same view that Nassau has. Obviously Wang doesn't think much of the latest proposals offered by Nassau to keep the Isles beyond 2015.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:26 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
Well there is NO guarantee other municipalities would share the same view that Nassau has. Obviously Wang doesn't think much of the latest proposals offered by Nassau to create vacant medical research facilities
I fixed it for ya.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I fixed it for ya.
The Belmont proposal was also implied in my last post as well. Mangano wants private funding for both locations (Belmont or Uniondale) since he lost his shirt in the referendum and desparately wants to keep his County Executive job after 2013.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:47 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
The Belmont proposal was also implied in my last post as well. Mangano wants private funding for both locations (Belmont or Uniondale) since he lost his shirt in the referendum and desparately wants to keep his County Executive job after 2013.
Good. The County shouldn't spend any more. They certainly SHOULD fulfill their obligations, but that would include maintaining their building over the past four decades.

Old
11-12-2011, 02:10 AM
OlTimeHockey

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/busines...3ToxQk1FqlKfWJ
Well, EMI just got sold to a Japanese group, and Koppelmann, former head of EMI, was going to buy EMI for a rumored $4B it was thought just a few months ago.

I wonder if he wants a hockey team instead? Got Bob Gutkowski's number? (yes, the guy who "has no money" (according to one poster) who was partnered with Koppelmann when SMG stonewalled him and D'Amato, employed by SMG, courted Wang once and failed but lured him a second time when SMG was calling BG for a meeting and got Wang to sign on to buy the Isles since there was a real estate potential surrounding the arena?

Well, EMI is now broken up and sold to Universal and Sony. Koppelman now has the cash and no company to buy.

It'll never happen, but I wanna hear from the "Gotnomonskey" poster since he was prepared to make a $4B bid.