HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), BCHL, CJAHL, and its leagues.

11-12 Central Canada Hockey League

Closed Thread

Old
11-10-2011, 07:48 AM
BadgerKnight

vCash: 500
Jeremie Gauthier

In The Cage With Tigerpaws' forum under the thread, Players Not Reporting, Jeremie Gauthier had declined to report to the Huntsville Otters being traded from the Trenton team. He dressed for the Jr. Sens last night

http://www.network54.com/Forum/24352...porting+thread

The following link provides statistical info on this player.
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=7579

Old
11-10-2011, 07:52 AM
BadgerKnight

Blog & Kings

A recent blog by this writer was positive comments on S. Simmons new book, The Lost Dream. The blog's post script is as follows:

"Footnote on this story for Junior 'A' fans: Frost protege Sheldon Keefe is the Coach/GM/President of the Pembroke Lumber Kings. Larry Barron, who stayed at the Jefferson home once upon a time and was also a Frost disciple, is listed as a minority owner. Shawn Cation is an assistant coach. He, too, was mentored by Frost. With the cloud of uncertainty over these people, would you let your son into the care of these individuals? I wouldn't even for a day. But, a lot have. And, not just players hanging on for that final chance. The Lumber Kings have won the league title all five years that Keefe has been at the head of the helm. They've also won an RBC Cup. Simmons says there are rumours Frost and Danton also have fingerprints on the ownership, but nothing has been proven. Frost is also banned from having anything to do with the league the Lumber Kings play in."

http://mikestackhouse.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html

Old
11-10-2011, 07:59 AM
BadgerKnight

Canada East

Canada East was edged by Russia in a shootout. However, Canada East wins their Group and are to play the winner of Czech/Can West. Can West lost both of their group games this week.

In the loss, Ben Hutton (Prescott, Ont./Kemptville, CCHL) and Daniel Leavens (Thornhill, Ont./Newmarket, OJHL) scored power play goals for Canada East,

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php...70425/la_id/1/

Old
11-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Ravenshockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerKnight View Post
A recent blog by this writer was positive comments on S. Simmons new book, The Lost Dream. The blog's post script is as follows:

"Footnote on this story for Junior 'A' fans: Frost protege Sheldon Keefe is the Coach/GM/President of the Pembroke Lumber Kings. Larry Barron, who stayed at the Jefferson home once upon a time and was also a Frost disciple, is listed as a minority owner. Shawn Cation is an assistant coach. He, too, was mentored by Frost. With the cloud of uncertainty over these people, would you let your son into the care of these individuals? I wouldn't even for a day. But, a lot have. And, not just players hanging on for that final chance. The Lumber Kings have won the league title all five years that Keefe has been at the head of the helm. They've also won an RBC Cup. Simmons says there are rumours Frost and Danton also have fingerprints on the ownership, but nothing has been proven. Frost is also banned from having anything to do with the league the Lumber Kings play in."

Don't usually like to touch on personal matters, but this is kind of the elephant in the room that no one likes to talk about. Everyone knows SK's history, but there is no denying he seems to be doing an exemplary job building a winning program the right way. I believe in second chances and I commend SK for the work he has done to this point. The only red flag I see is the constant stream of "California Kids" being brought to Pembroke from Frost's hockey school.

Old
11-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Ottawa Guy

Quote:
In The Cage With Tigerpaws' forum under the thread, Players Not Reporting, Jeremie Gauthier had declined to report to the Huntsville Otters being traded from the Trenton team. He dressed for the Jr. Sens last night

http://www.network54.com/Forum/24352...porting+thread

The following link provides statistical info on this player.
http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=7579
It is nice to see a quality local area player in the league. He should definitely make the Senators a stronger team.

Last edited by Ottawa Guy: 11-10-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old
11-10-2011, 02:02 PM
everett331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenshockey View Post
Don't usually like to touch on personal matters, but this is kind of the elephant in the room that no one likes to talk about. Everyone knows SK's history, but there is no denying he seems to be doing an exemplary job building a winning program the right way. I believe in second chances and I commend SK for the work he has done to this point. The only red flag I see is the constant stream of "California Kids" being brought to Pembroke from Frost's hockey school.
Since 2006 there has only been three kids from California, most of the US players where comming from hockey states up in Northern States, there was a few Texan's this year I beleive for the reason being late recruitment. SK has been nothing but great for Pembroke and the surronding area and for the league as a whole. With out the Kings strong play over the years teams like CP, Neapan and Cornwall wouldn't be ranked as high in the national rankings. Player enjoy playing Pembroke because it's a great place to play and well ran.

Old
11-10-2011, 07:09 PM
puckdaddy
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
stop posting about yourself...
What makes you think that this Ayres? Or however you spell it. I was just saying that in the games I've seen with metcalfe, he's played well.

Old
11-10-2011, 07:25 PM
stallionsfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckdaddy View Post
What makes you think that this Ayres? Or however you spell it. I was just saying that in the games I've seen with metcalfe, he's played well.

Hahahahahaha

Old
11-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Rangersfan21

Quote:
your joking right...?

Old
11-10-2011, 07:44 PM
stallionsfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
your joking right...?
Haha he spelled it correct the first time, what a chump

Old
11-10-2011, 08:49 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionsfan98 View Post
Haha he spelled it correct the first time, what a chump
Hahaha! We had a very similar thread last year with "someone" posting about Ayers (or Airs lol) when he was in Cumberland.

Old
11-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Rangersfan21

The best part was that he made sure we saw that he spelled it incorrectly

Old
11-10-2011, 09:27 PM
chlfan99

Quote:
brett... in 8 games as a junior b backup (play the weaker teams) you have a 4,13 gaa and a.833 save percentage which is awful... get over yourself

Old
11-10-2011, 09:50 PM
chlfan99

with all this goalie bashing... lets update our goalie rankings

1. Dupuis - i dont think theres any question here hes been solid and consistant for sk and the lumber kings, only reason they are around 500 and not worst. looking at his stats, hasnt aloud more then 1 or 2 goals in his last 6 starts.

2. Martin - plays on a week team both defensivly and offencivly and they are always in the game because of him. hes carried them to 40 plus save shootouts vs. cornwall 3 times. second best save percentage in the league.

3. Zawadski - leads goalies in gaa and save % and has beaten cornwall and brockville. personnaly after seeing him play quite a bit lately i dont think its more his skill then the team he has infront of him but like dupuis... hes kept other teams below 2 goals in 4 of his past 5 games.

4. Hafner - i was a fan of his at the beginning but now that his team has some injurys and isnt a powerhouse, we can see the real hafner. he is on a personal 3 game loosing streak and is slowly falling down in the goalie rankings went from having a 929 save percentage to a 912 now in past 5 to 8 games.

5. toss up between guerriero, yetman and lane... all 3 have been unconsistant and have cost there team but at times have played very well as well... especialy guerriero lately is on fire.

Old
11-10-2011, 10:31 PM
stickhandle

Save percentage is the best way to rate goalies, also sometimes goalies that get more work have an advantage as they are always in the game

Old
11-10-2011, 10:51 PM
bayers42

First off, I have nothing to do with any of this. I was told that this was happening again by somebody on my team. (Note the key word, again) Secondly, myself and Ryan have been rotating games in Metcalfe. Neither of us is a starter or a backup.

Now, I'm tired of coming on here and seeing people bashing me whether its based on a personal experience with me or based on my stats. If you have a problem with me personally, either confront me about it in person or deal with it. If you have a problem with my stats, come watch one of my games and maybe that'll explain a bit, or you can live with that as well. All I'm saying is that because 2 people (whoever did it last season, and puckdaddy) have said 1 thing positive about me, It's assumed that I wrote it. I don't have the time, nor do I care to write on one of these things regularly. I'm a student therefore I have homework. I coach 2 Peewee teams which takes up a lot of my evenings. And I tend to enjoy playing hockey which takes up pretty much the rest of my evenings.

What am I asking for? That if you don't having something nice to say then don't say anything. And it's not just for me. How would you feel if you went onto a hockey boards site and saw somebody had posted something positive about you? Pretty good I'll bet. How about the next day when you check again and there's a few people ripping into you? I'll tell you straight up it's a ****** feeling. I've been through a boat load these past 2 years with Cumberland and other things. I do not need people telling others all the negatives I already know I have. You think I didn't hear it in the stands all year last season? Until you know what my story is and what has happened with me the last 2 years, I'm asking that you stop bashing me. If you're really interested in my story then just ask me personally, but until you know it, please stop the bashing.

Old
11-11-2011, 05:21 AM
raz

Quote:

Well Its been a long time since i've posted here but this one we really need to make sure that anyone reading these Blogs, feels good about being under the helm of Sheldon Keefe.

First i would like to say there has been no one individual, coach, mentor, gm, in this area of the hockey world that has done more for a community, city and for the young players still living a dream to play the great game of hockey.

Secondly to even mention SK history is another writer/ individual who is trying to make some kind of pressence because until now he was hardly known.

For all those who know this man personally, casually or competetively they all know what a dedicated Husband, Father, Coach and Mentor he really is. The list of trouble players that have taken huge strides after playing for SK is beyond measurement. Players that were other teams castoffs or undisciplined players that play in Pembroke and are never forgotten for their contribution in the community and on the ice. Who makes that happen, SHELDON!!!!!!

For all the parents who have an up and coming young player, get in you car and drive as fast as you can to Pembroke , drop your son off at the rink and just ask Sheldon to make him a player and help the young man mature. Drop him off and
watch him grow into everything you wanted your son to be.

This is not a good man, this may be one of the greatest Men and person you will ever meet in a lifetime.

So to the writer, you will never be remembered 10 years from now, but we all will remember a time when a young man came to our city and changed a community, a league and so many great players by just trying to make everything around him great.

Oh and by the way if you think that this league is decided this year, you may want to hang on to your money until after the playoffs are done, if anyone coach in Canada can change a team into a team its Sheldon Keefe.

Old
11-11-2011, 01:59 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksly View Post
Heres my final thought on all of this..... Let's just stick to the Jr A teams, or start a new thread for Jr B. beause there is really no comparison between the two leagues. IMO!
There is however a direct connection as almost half the players in the league have played games in Jr. B.

Now players posting about themselves thats the issue, not the connection between the two leagues. No need to put down the biggest feeder league to the one that is being discussed.

Old
11-11-2011, 02:10 PM
pucksly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
There is however a direct connection as almost half the players in the league have played games in Jr. B.

Now players posting about themselves thats the issue, not the connection between the two leagues. No need to put down the biggest feeder league to the one that is being discussed.
Yes, I agree. I really didnt mean to put down Jr B. just meant to keep it separate as it is a completely separate league and there is so much to discuss (for both levels).

Old
11-11-2011, 08:57 PM
MacM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucksly View Post
Heres my final thought on all of this..... Let's just stick to the Jr A teams, or start a new thread for Jr B. beause there is really no comparison between the two leagues. IMO!
Too bad the ages are different - the concept of relegation would be interesting. Bump down the bottom dwellers bring up the top teams from Jr B... Clarence, Casselman, Winchester. Gatineau this year is very good.

Top teams Jr A to bottom of JR B is a huge jump. Top of Jr B to bottom of Jr A, not so. I saw quite a bit if the final series last year. Clarence and Winchester would have had no problem with this years Cumberland and Gloucester.

Old
11-11-2011, 09:58 PM
BadgerKnight

Can East 4, USA 2

Canada East wins their semi-final game over the USA, 4-2. Can East will play in the championship game on Sunday which is being televised by TSN on their secondary channel.

Old
11-12-2011, 08:42 AM
beenaround

Time for Jennings and Brenton to go

Will someone please make these two dumb f..... an offer and get them out of the league

Old
11-12-2011, 08:50 AM
beenaround

Alex Brenton

What ever happen to Alex Brenton, Kempville tooted that he was asked to play for Plattsburug but he is not on their roster.

Old
11-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Ramon108

Send a message via ICQ to Ramon108 Send a message via Skype™ to Ramon108
People, please tell me where to download games CHL?

Old
11-12-2011, 10:26 AM
ottawafan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayers42 View Post
First off, I have nothing to do with any of this. I was told that this was happening again by somebody on my team. (Note the key word, again) Secondly, myself and Ryan have been rotating games in Metcalfe. Neither of us is a starter or a backup.

Now, I'm tired of coming on here and seeing people bashing me whether its based on a personal experience with me or based on my stats. If you have a problem with me personally, either confront me about it in person or deal with it. If you have a problem with my stats, come watch one of my games and maybe that'll explain a bit, or you can live with that as well. All I'm saying is that because 2 people (whoever did it last season, and puckdaddy) have said 1 thing positive about me, It's assumed that I wrote it. I don't have the time, nor do I care to write on one of these things regularly. I'm a student therefore I have homework. I coach 2 Peewee teams which takes up a lot of my evenings. And I tend to enjoy playing hockey which takes up pretty much the rest of my evenings.

What am I asking for? That if you don't having something nice to say then don't say anything. And it's not just for me. How would you feel if you went onto a hockey boards site and saw somebody had posted something positive about you? Pretty good I'll bet. How about the next day when you check again and there's a few people ripping into you? I'll tell you straight up it's a ****** feeling. I've been through a boat load these past 2 years with Cumberland and other things. I do not need people telling others all the negatives I already know I have. You think I didn't hear it in the stands all year last season? Until you know what my story is and what has happened with me the last 2 years, I'm asking that you stop bashing me. If you're really interested in my story then just ask me personally, but until you know it, please stop the bashing.
Well said. The bashers on this site need to get a life. Or actually get out to one of your games before criticizing.

Good luck in Metcalfe.

Closed Thread