HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enough of Boyle Getting 3rd Line Minutes Already...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
  #101
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
You should probably re-read the entire thread and understand what people are saying. The whole production thing is not the main topic by most as most realize he won't sniff 20 goals in his career again.
He could score 20 goals this year let alone in his career. I don't think he will but it's possible but if you look at Boyle's ice time he earns it. Your arguments against him really make no sense. I don't want to insult you but Torts explained his ice time today...didn't he?


Also, these discussion are fluid so when you say the "main topic" of the thread I don't really take it seriously. Boyle is a good checking center and I believe the people that criticize his play and ice time allotment don't appreciate what he does for the team....At least the coach and his teammates do.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
  #102
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._but_progress/

This won't end this crazy debate about Boyle because fans only look at the score sheet instead of watching the games..
This coach has a mancrush on both Boyle and Prust and therefore anything he says about them must be taken with a grain of salt. Besides, all this thread is saying is that BB is a 4th liner which Torts' comments jive with.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:16 PM
  #103
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,630
vCash: 500
I think Boyle could be a 15-20 goal scorer every year playing on the 3rd line if he had some creative passers on that line. Torts basically goes with a 1st line, 2nd line and a 4th line masquarading as a 3rd line. Our 3rd line should be for developing some youth. The 4th line can grind and fight.

Make Hagelin-Boyle-Zooks the 3rd line.

Put Prust and Feds back on the 4th line. Prust will get extra minutes short handed.


Last edited by NickyFotiu: 11-08-2011 at 08:37 PM.
NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:03 PM
  #104
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
He could score 20 goals this year let alone in his career. I don't think he will but it's possible but if you look at Boyle's ice time he earns it. Your arguments against him really make no sense. I don't want to insult you but Torts explained his ice time today...didn't he?


Also, these discussion are fluid so when you say the "main topic" of the thread I don't really take it seriously. Boyle is a good checking center and I believe the people that criticize his play and ice time allotment don't appreciate what he does for the team....At least the coach and his teammates do.
So you've never disagreed with Torts decisions or comments before?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
  #105
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
So you've never disagreed with Torts decisions or comments before?
Of course I have but WHO deserves to play over Boyle and why?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
  #106
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
some of u guys have nothing better to do than ***** about something? wah wah wah, whatever!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:13 PM
  #107
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Sens second goal tonight was exactly why Feds-Boyle-Prust deserve their minutes.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:20 PM
  #108
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,654
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Sens second goal tonight was exactly why Feds-Boyle-Prust deserve their minutes.
Because of Christensen and Woywitka's miscommunication?

(I may need to look at another replay, but that's what it looked like to me)

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
  #109
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
some of u guys have nothing better to do than ***** about something? wah wah wah, whatever!
that's my thoughts too.,,,,,,,,,,,team is winning. that's all I freaking care about.

Boyle is a defensively responsible C. He may not score 20 goals again but he helps in other areas as well

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:50 PM
  #110
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
that's my thoughts too.,,,,,,,,,,,team is winning. that's all I freaking care about.

Boyle is a defensively responsible C. He may not score 20 goals again but he helps in other areas as well
yeah but according to some guys like christensen should get boyles minutes

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:22 AM
  #111
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,176
vCash: 500
My single biggest problem with Brian Boyles game, is that he simply can not accept passes cleanly. I think i've lost count the number of times he's flubbed passes that were right on his stick. Guy plays hard, but jesus, learn to catch a pass already.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:04 AM
  #112
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
My single biggest problem with Brian Boyles game, is that he simply can not accept passes cleanly. I think i've lost count the number of times he's flubbed passes that were right on his stick. Guy plays hard, but jesus, learn to catch a pass already.
His pass reception skills are the lowest on the team. It's one of the many things he needs to work on, but that to me is the biggest thing. I don't know if it can be worked on, if he's holding his stick to hard to stop himself from catching the puck on his blade, but it needs to be addressed. The guy has hands of stone when it comes to accepting a relatively hard pass.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:47 AM
  #113
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
His pass reception skills are the lowest on the team. It's one of the many things he needs to work on, but that to me is the biggest thing. I don't know if it can be worked on, if he's holding his stick to hard to stop himself from catching the puck on his blade, but it needs to be addressed. The guy has hands of stone when it comes to accepting a relatively hard pass.
someone order a palette of eggs and get Gordon Bombay on the phone right now!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
  #114
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16,720
vCash: 500
Title should be changed to "Enough of Boyle getting 2nd line minutes already"

He is the offensive black hole with a rubber blade.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:53 AM
  #115
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!
 
Stugots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
My single biggest problem with Brian Boyles game, is that he simply can not accept passes cleanly. I think i've lost count the number of times he's flubbed passes that were right on his stick. Guy plays hard, but jesus, learn to catch a pass already.
That was driving me crazy last night. I think I counted 4 times where the puck either dribbled off his stick or he missed it completely, ending a rush up the ice.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
  #116
HockeyBurd*
 
HockeyBurd*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
My single biggest problem with Brian Boyles game, is that he simply can not accept passes cleanly. I think i've lost count the number of times he's flubbed passes that were right on his stick. Guy plays hard, but jesus, learn to catch a pass already.
Aside from anything else, that is so often a big sign of a lack in confidence. I remember when my confidence used to be down, the passes were always fast, my stick was always heavy, and my hands didn't want to listen to my head. It's demonstrable even in the elite guys with amazing hands. Gaborik, Kovalchuk, etc. When they are down on themselves, the puck is always jumping. When they are hot, they are like a magnet for the puck.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
  #117
WeWillWinTonight
Registered User
 
WeWillWinTonight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,966
vCash: 500
Think about it this way, Torts loves Boyle.

Christensen, Deveaux, Avery are always going to get less minutes than Boyle. Therefore Boyle gets 3rd line minutes. It is that simple. Not to mention how Torts love Feds,Prust,Boyle so see where i'm going with this.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:37 PM
  #118
RiffyNYR61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PENN STATE
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
great drinking game: drink every time boyle falls down. drink every time boyle turns the puck over. drink every time boyle misses a check. drink every time boyle mishandles a pass.

this game gets you messeddd upppp!

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:42 PM
  #119
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,632
vCash: 500
so Torts moved Boyle to the 2nd line and Richards to the 3rd? jeeebus

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
  #120
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
That was driving me crazy last night. I think I counted 4 times where the puck either dribbled off his stick or he missed it completely, ending a rush up the ice.
He also spends way too much time on his arse. He goes into the corner, battles a little and gets knocked down. He's got of of work to do or he will miss the ride we are soon to go on to meet LordnStanley's cup.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:57 PM
  #121
RiffyNYR61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: PENN STATE
Posts: 176
vCash: 500
the love affair with brian boyle must stop. having him anywhere near the ice with <2 minutes left to play is a ******* joke. the guy bllowwwssss.

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:59 PM
  #122
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,752
vCash: 500
I actually thought Boyle was noticeable and working hard tonight.

But the offense that was there last year has disappeared. Had a feeling that would be the case with him.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:02 PM
  #123
Placid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so Torts moved Boyle to the 2nd line and Richards to the 3rd? jeeebus
At this rate, he'll have Richards in the Whale in another 10 games, while the Rangers "hunt their next big signing"...lol

Seriously though.. this would have been very amusing if it wasnt this team its happening to..

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:04 PM
  #124
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,559
vCash: 500
Boyle was not that bad tonight. When you factor out PK time he was on the ice less than 10 min. One of his more physical games of the year.

Should he have been out there with less than two mim? No IMO but saying he played bad is just finding a scapegoat.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:12 PM
  #125
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Boyle was not that bad tonight. When you factor out PK time he was on the ice less than 10 min. One of his more physical games of the year.

Should he have been out there with less than two mim? No IMO but saying he played bad is just finding a scapegoat.
He's not bad, but he should play less than 10 minutes a night, not counted on for any offense and never should see the ice in the last five minutes if down, should never be on the PP, and should never play with Richards or Gaborik; EVER. If Torts starts using him like a 4th line center and nothing more I wouldn't complain. He does need to get better on draws to be a truly strong defensive forward but I can live with what he brings now if used properly.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.