HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Enough of Boyle Getting 3rd Line Minutes Already...

Old
11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
You should probably re-read the entire thread and understand what people are saying. The whole production thing is not the main topic by most as most realize he won't sniff 20 goals in his career again.
He could score 20 goals this year let alone in his career. I don't think he will but it's possible but if you look at Boyle's ice time he earns it. Your arguments against him really make no sense. I don't want to insult you but Torts explained his ice time today...didn't he?

Also, these discussion are fluid so when you say the "main topic" of the thread I don't really take it seriously. Boyle is a good checking center and I believe the people that criticize his play and ice time allotment don't appreciate what he does for the team....At least the coach and his teammates do.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._but_progress/

This won't end this crazy debate about Boyle because fans only look at the score sheet instead of watching the games..
This coach has a mancrush on both Boyle and Prust and therefore anything he says about them must be taken with a grain of salt. Besides, all this thread is saying is that BB is a 4th liner which Torts' comments jive with.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 07:16 PM
NickyFotiu

I think Boyle could be a 15-20 goal scorer every year playing on the 3rd line if he had some creative passers on that line. Torts basically goes with a 1st line, 2nd line and a 4th line masquarading as a 3rd line. Our 3rd line should be for developing some youth. The 4th line can grind and fight.

Make Hagelin-Boyle-Zooks the 3rd line.

Put Prust and Feds back on the 4th line. Prust will get extra minutes short handed.

Last edited by NickyFotiu: 11-08-2011 at 08:37 PM.
NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
He could score 20 goals this year let alone in his career. I don't think he will but it's possible but if you look at Boyle's ice time he earns it. Your arguments against him really make no sense. I don't want to insult you but Torts explained his ice time today...didn't he?

Also, these discussion are fluid so when you say the "main topic" of the thread I don't really take it seriously. Boyle is a good checking center and I believe the people that criticize his play and ice time allotment don't appreciate what he does for the team....At least the coach and his teammates do.
So you've never disagreed with Torts decisions or comments before?

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
So you've never disagreed with Torts decisions or comments before?
Of course I have but WHO deserves to play over Boyle and why?

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
sickboy35

some of u guys have nothing better to do than ***** about something? wah wah wah, whatever!

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:13 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Sens second goal tonight was exactly why Feds-Boyle-Prust deserve their minutes.

11-09-2011, 10:20 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Sens second goal tonight was exactly why Feds-Boyle-Prust deserve their minutes.
Because of Christensen and Woywitka's miscommunication?

(I may need to look at another replay, but that's what it looked like to me)

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35 View Post
some of u guys have nothing better to do than ***** about something? wah wah wah, whatever!
that's my thoughts too.,,,,,,,,,,,team is winning. that's all I freaking care about.

Boyle is a defensively responsible C. He may not score 20 goals again but he helps in other areas as well

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2011, 10:50 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
that's my thoughts too.,,,,,,,,,,,team is winning. that's all I freaking care about.

Boyle is a defensively responsible C. He may not score 20 goals again but he helps in other areas as well
yeah but according to some guys like christensen should get boyles minutes

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 02:22 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

My single biggest problem with Brian Boyles game, is that he simply can not accept passes cleanly. I think i've lost count the number of times he's flubbed passes that were right on his stick. Guy plays hard, but jesus, learn to catch a pass already.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:04 AM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
My single biggest problem with Brian Boyles game, is that he simply can not accept passes cleanly. I think i've lost count the number of times he's flubbed passes that were right on his stick. Guy plays hard, but jesus, learn to catch a pass already.
His pass reception skills are the lowest on the team. It's one of the many things he needs to work on, but that to me is the biggest thing. I don't know if it can be worked on, if he's holding his stick to hard to stop himself from catching the puck on his blade, but it needs to be addressed. The guy has hands of stone when it comes to accepting a relatively hard pass.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:47 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
His pass reception skills are the lowest on the team. It's one of the many things he needs to work on, but that to me is the biggest thing. I don't know if it can be worked on, if he's holding his stick to hard to stop himself from catching the puck on his blade, but it needs to be addressed. The guy has hands of stone when it comes to accepting a relatively hard pass.
someone order a palette of eggs and get Gordon Bombay on the phone right now!

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Title should be changed to "Enough of Boyle getting 2nd line minutes already"

He is the offensive black hole with a rubber blade.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
That was driving me crazy last night. I think I counted 4 times where the puck either dribbled off his stick or he missed it completely, ending a rush up the ice.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:03 PM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Aside from anything else, that is so often a big sign of a lack in confidence. I remember when my confidence used to be down, the passes were always fast, my stick was always heavy, and my hands didn't want to listen to my head. It's demonstrable even in the elite guys with amazing hands. Gaborik, Kovalchuk, etc. When they are down on themselves, the puck is always jumping. When they are hot, they are like a magnet for the puck.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:19 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Think about it this way, Torts loves Boyle.

Christensen, Deveaux, Avery are always going to get less minutes than Boyle. Therefore Boyle gets 3rd line minutes. It is that simple. Not to mention how Torts love Feds,Prust,Boyle so see where i'm going with this.

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 01:37 PM
RiffyNYR61

great drinking game: drink every time boyle falls down. drink every time boyle turns the puck over. drink every time boyle misses a check. drink every time boyle mishandles a pass.

this game gets you messeddd upppp!

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Vitto79

so Torts moved Boyle to the 2nd line and Richards to the 3rd? jeeebus

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
That was driving me crazy last night. I think I counted 4 times where the puck either dribbled off his stick or he missed it completely, ending a rush up the ice.
He also spends way too much time on his arse. He goes into the corner, battles a little and gets knocked down. He's got of of work to do or he will miss the ride we are soon to go on to meet LordnStanley's cup.

Old
11-23-2011, 09:57 PM
RiffyNYR61

the love affair with brian boyle must stop. having him anywhere near the ice with <2 minutes left to play is a ******* joke. the guy bllowwwssss.

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 09:59 PM
OverTheCap

I actually thought Boyle was noticeable and working hard tonight.

But the offense that was there last year has disappeared. Had a feeling that would be the case with him.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
so Torts moved Boyle to the 2nd line and Richards to the 3rd? jeeebus
At this rate, he'll have Richards in the Whale in another 10 games, while the Rangers "hunt their next big signing"...lol

Seriously though.. this would have been very amusing if it wasnt this team its happening to..

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:04 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Boyle was not that bad tonight. When you factor out PK time he was on the ice less than 10 min. One of his more physical games of the year.

Should he have been out there with less than two mim? No IMO but saying he played bad is just finding a scapegoat.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Boyle was not that bad tonight. When you factor out PK time he was on the ice less than 10 min. One of his more physical games of the year.

Should he have been out there with less than two mim? No IMO but saying he played bad is just finding a scapegoat.
He's not bad, but he should play less than 10 minutes a night, not counted on for any offense and never should see the ice in the last five minutes if down, should never be on the PP, and should never play with Richards or Gaborik; EVER. If Torts starts using him like a 4th line center and nothing more I wouldn't complain. He does need to get better on draws to be a truly strong defensive forward but I can live with what he brings now if used properly.