HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you play?

Old
11-12-2011, 09:40 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

vCash: 500
Who would you play?

Kaleta 11 games 1 g 0 a 1 points -2
Ellis 8 games 1 g 1 a 2 points -2
Tropp 4 games 1 g 1 a 2 points +2

I think Kaleta and Ellis will play, but I would like to see Tropp play again tonight. Who do you want to play?
Obviously there ill be only 1 man out . So out of the 3 who would you prefer to sit tonight?

AlexanderMogilny89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:47 AM
buffalosabresgal
Celebrates Festivus

Tropp has already been sent down to Rochester.

buffalosabresgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Kaleta and Ellis... Oh wait they ARE the ones playing tonight.

Tropp can go back to Rochester to marinate some more. He had a nice call up. It's nice to know, when injuries happen we have a capable replacement.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:53 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Kaleta and Ellis... Oh wait they ARE the ones playing tonight.

Tropp can go back to Rochester to marinate some more. He had a nice call up. It's nice to know, when injuries happen we have a capable replacement.
Yea well he produced more the the other 2.

Old
11-12-2011, 09:54 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
Yea well he produced more the the other 2.
And that's your only benchmark? yikes!

Old
11-12-2011, 09:57 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
And that's your only benchmark? yikes!
4 Game win streak.

Old
11-12-2011, 09:57 AM
slip

I smell a grinder line controversy thread.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:08 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderMogilny89 View Post
4 Game win streak.
So really your thread title should be "I want Tropp to stay up with Sabres, screw Kaleta and Ellis". Kinda disingenuous to come across like your really open to opinions when really you have a bias.

Oh, the last time I checked a winning streak isn't because of one player. This isn't golf, pool, or snowboarding at the Olympics. Tropp helped the team. Tropp isn't the sole reason for the wins. Sabres will be more than fine without him. Guaranteed. You asked, I answered.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:18 AM
buffalosabresgal
Celebrates Festivus

Quote:
So really your thread title should be "I want Tropp to stay up with Sabres, screw Kaleta and Ellis". Kinda disingenuous to come across like your really open to opinions when really you have a bias.

Oh, the last time I checked a winning streak isn't because of one player. This isn't golf, pool, or snowboarding at the Olympics. Tropp helped the team. Tropp isn't the sole reason for the wins. Sabres will be more than fine without him. Guaranteed. You asked, I answered.
I agree, Tropp helped out. He was a good callup. He won't be in the lineup until he gets called back up again. By then, he'll likely be a more developed player and will help our lineup a bit more. But saying he's more valuable than someone who has been here a while might be a stretch. So, we'll see him in the future. Don't get your pants in a twist guys, geez.

buffalosabresgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:19 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:

I like all 3 players. I was just asking who people like? It seems as Tropp is playing really good and can be a reason to why they are playing like they are. Since he has been here they are 4-0. He is a plus 2 and has more points then Kaleta. Same as Ellis.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:35 AM
MGIII
Legendary

I have definitely seen Tropp more active offensively than Kaleta. I wouldn't mind seeing him see more time in the league, but he was already sent back down. I'm not convinced Kaleta is actually more valuable at this point but we will see.

MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:36 AM
Capsautomatic28

Kaleta for sure. bring the engery and tires the other teams D with his forchecking which in turn opens up the ice for the other skilled players

Capsautomatic28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

I love what Tropp did here, and I think he's going to stick as a third line RW after this year. But I have no problem with them sending him back down for Kaleta's return. Kaleta brings something no one else can bring (headbutts and all). The coaches know what Tropp can do at the NHL level now, and combine that with his great training camp, and he'll get his real shot when a permanent roster spot opens up.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:38 AM
Digable5

I would have liked to see more of Tropp in Buffalo. However, isn't it more of an issue with waiver eligibility and roster size/position? Kaleta isn't going to be sent down. Ellis could make it through waivers, but he plays center. That leaves Tropp the obvious choice to return to Rochester.

Digable5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:40 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

Tropp is better than Ellis and Kaleta, if you can't see that you're blind. He is just as fast as Kaleta if not faster. He is probably faster. He has a better shot than both of them. He has better hands than both of them. Tropp is physical and works hard. He is better than Kaleta and Ellis.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 10:43 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsautomatic28 View Post
Kaleta for sure. bring the engery and tires the other teams D with his forchecking which in turn opens up the ice for the other skilled players
I agree. I hope Kaleta can bring his A game tonight against the Goonie Bruins. It would be nice to see him roll over Lucic tonight. Also I would love to see him get a goal tonight.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:46 AM
AlexanderMogilny89

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Tropp is better than Ellis and Kaleta, if you can't see that you're blind. He is just as fast as Kaleta if not faster. He is probably faster. He has a better shot than both of them. He has better hands than both of them. Tropp is physical and works hard. He is better than Kaleta and Ellis.
This ^ I was hoping to see more of Tropp to.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:57 AM
joshjull

Tropp is a kid that still needs to develop. For him it's best to go down at this point and get ice time.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
I have definitely seen Tropp more active offensively than Kaleta. I wouldn't mind seeing him see more time in the league, but he was already sent back down. I'm not convinced Kaleta is actually more valuable at this point but we will see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsautomatic28 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Lost in all of the debating of Tropp vs. Kaleta is that Kaleta was part of the Sabres top PK forward pairing with Gaustad and excelling at it. He may not be the end-all in terms of how the PK works but he obviously makes an impact: in games he's played, the team's PK was 92.5%; in the four games he's missed, they're at 85%.

Tropp may play a similar style but doesn't have the history yet where other teams know him and hate him - Kaleta has already developed a name around the league that helps with him becoming a distraction for the other team.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote