HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Is LA Kings Left Wing Dustin Penner Finally Turning Things Around?

Old
11-10-2011, 04:10 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500

Last edited by FrozenRoyalty: 11-10-2011 at 04:34 AM.
FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:04 AM
Capn Brown

Are these articles written & posted about 7-10 days BEFORE they should be?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 08:49 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Vancouver is the type of opponent Penner was acquired for. Get into the crease area and mix it up with them. Create screens and havoc in there and fight for the puck in close quarters.

Tonight's game will be very telling if he continues the dedicated play...he is really needed to step up if the Kings are going to contend this year.

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 10:18 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

The effort has been decent most of the year, but the production has not. One game with two assists doesn't change that, so no, I won't say he's turning things around. When he scores a goal or puts up points in 3-5 straight games, then we can talk.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 01:43 PM
AStammer7*

Kings Woes At LW Makes Me Wonder About Frolov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
The effort has been decent most of the year, but the production has not. One game with two assists doesn't change that, so no, I won't say he's turning things around. When he scores a goal or puts up points in 3-5 straight games, then we can talk.
Lombardi brings in Penner to play first line Centre and gives up a bundle to do it(Teubert a First in 2011-Oscar Klefbom and a 2nd or 3rd rounder in 2012). Seems like a pretty steep price and as I said before all because a player looks like a good fit doesn't mean it will be so. It is times like these when the Kings are struggling offensively when I long to see Frolov back in a Kings uniform!

AStammer7* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Even though Penner is on pace for scoring 0 goals this season...and maybe 10 points total, I feel better after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itCUA_usE5U

Maybe if we put an Oilers jersey on him, underneath the Kings Jersey, it might help?

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Even though Penner is on pace for scoring 0 goals this season...and maybe 10 points total, I feel better after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itCUA_usE5U

Maybe if we put an Oilers jersey on him, underneath the Kings Jersey, it might help?
It's crazy...he almost looks faster there...

Dude just needs to build some more confidence, I think. We're starting to see all the right things.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
It's crazy...he almost looks faster there...

Dude just needs to build some more confidence, I think. We're starting to see all the right things.
You hit the nail on the head. Confidence is the issue. In that video, Penner is moving his feet and is fearless driving to the net. He needs to believe in his own abilities. He has the talent, but he has yet to use it.

edit: Someone in the Kings Organization REALLY has to show Penner this video.

Last edited by TwoForRoughing: 11-11-2011 at 05:36 PM.
TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Kingurentai

First, if you take the paycheck out of the picture; he is playing good hockey for us.

When you consider his paycheck, yep the produciton isn't there; but I think it will come. This isn't the first time Penner has done this in his career.
(had bad stretches and laziness came into question - didn't respond to hype right away).

I think he will be worthwhile as we go later into the season.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
First, if you take the paycheck out of the picture; he is playing good hockey for us.

When you consider his paycheck, yep the produciton isn't there
What do you mean by taking paycheck out of the picture? You mean that we should not expect him scoring goals and getting points like a top 6 forward? Every player has a role, the expectations are different. How can you remove expectations? I would have zero expectations from, I don't know, Fraser. He was taken just because he had to be taken, has low salary, we are almost deciding between waiving and sending him to Europe. There is a player with no expectations. So if you have same level of expectations for Penner (0) then yeah - he is playing great. I hope Lombardi has offered him extension of his minimum contract.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
What do you mean by taking paycheck out of the picture? You mean that we should not expect him scoring goals and getting points like a top 6 forward? Every player has a role, the expectations are different. How can you remove expectations? I would have zero expectations from, I don't know, Fraser. He was taken just because he had to be taken, has low salary, we are almost deciding between waiving and sending him to Europe. There is a player with no expectations. So if you have same level of expectations for Penner (0) then yeah - he is playing great. I hope Lombardi has offered him extension of his minimum contract.

Cool selective reading, bro. Typical for hfboards.

What part of "when you consider his paycheck, the production isnt there" do you not understand?

Hope his injury isn't too bad.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote