HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

CMJHL stats

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2005, 03:47 PM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
CMJHL stats

Since this is the most learned bunch I've yet encountered, thought I'd ask this question. Not trivia, but need some help.

Before the Western Canada Junior League was called that, it was the Canadian Major Junior Hockey League, or CMJHL. I'm looking for stats from that league (66-67) and the first years of the WCJHL.

They are NOT available at hockeydb, and that's the only source I know of on the i-net (aside from hockey draft central which is also a tremendous site).

Anyway, does anyone know where I could find this?

Thanks.

Old
11-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Lard_Lad

What exactly do you need? Last year's WHL guide has the standings and scoring leaders, but that's it. If you want full stats, I'd suspect the best way to get them would be hunting through newspaper microfilm...and even then, that's not a sure bet. Old programs might work, too, but surviving ones are probably really rare, and I suppose the league might still have them tucked away someplace.

Old
11-16-2005, 08:15 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
What exactly do you need? Last year's WHL guide has the standings and scoring leaders, but that's it. If you want full stats, I'd suspect the best way to get them would be hunting through newspaper microfilm...and even then, that's not a sure bet. Old programs might work, too, but surviving ones are probably really rare, and I suppose the league might still have them tucked away someplace.
Yes, it's hit and miss. I want the complete stats, to fill in holes like Gerry Pinder's brother Herb (I know I know, who cares) and such.

I've been in contact with the Alberta Sports Museum in Red Deer and they may help too.

Closed Thread