HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose Proposed Trade Thread (11/30 - Rangers kicking tires on Bobby Ryan)

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2011, 02:07 AM
ilovemarkmessier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Curiopus as to why people want Prospal back? I mean, he's a likeable guy and all. He put up some decent numbers, which was good to see. But...overall the team didn't win with him here. They couldn't get over the hump.

They are finding ways to win games now, and are doing so on young legs. Not so sure a Vinny Prospal later in the season is going to have the get up and go over the brind of a playoff push. I dont this is the direction the team should persue.

Not sold on Tyuts either. Like him when he was here. He is a very good player. But i love the top two pairings now. I question would they be better with Tyutin or would it disrupt chemistry. Firm believer in sticking with D that knows the system. A D that now is gaining valueable experience together.
Not for nothing but the Rangers do not make the playoffs last year if it was not for Vinnies strong play at the end of the season.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:13 AM
Kershaw

How about a trade for players that need a change of scenery? Wolski for Penner.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:15 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
I'd kill to get ellis in a blueshirt. Maybe at the draft next year? gotta see how things shake out but he could be that other PMD we are looking for.
I have concerns about Ellis making the transition to the NHL.

But.... him and McIlrath make a fine paring in NHL11, just saying.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:27 AM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
How about a trade for players that need a change of scenery? Wolski for Penner.
Would rather have Wolski, to be honest.

When he has been healthy this season (about 3-4 games, I know), he's looked solid. To put things intro perspective, Wolski has played 6 games this season (finishing five, and getting top-6 ice time in about 3) and has two assists. Penner has played 14 games this season, and has two assists.

Aside from that, I just prefer Wolski to Penner. This team needs playmaking skill, as it has the ability to score goals; and Wolski provides the ability to make passes that many players on the team generally wouldn't be able to make, where Penner is usually a 20-25 assist type of player. Wolski is also younger than Penner.

11-13-2011, 03:36 AM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
Would rather have Wolski, to be honest.

When he has been healthy this season (about 3-4 games, I know), he's looked solid. To put things intro perspective, Wolski has played 6 games this season (finishing five, and getting top-6 ice time in about 3) and has two assists. Penner has played 14 games this season, and has two assists.

Aside from that, I just prefer Wolski to Penner. This team needs playmaking skill, as it has the ability to score goals; and Wolski provides the ability to make passes that many players on the team generally wouldn't be able to make, where Penner is usually a 20-25 assist type of player. Wolski is also younger than Penner.
this pretty much sums it up all. penner has been disastrous in los angeles and desperately needs a change of scenery. just think of how many clashes torts would have with penner, he would be the new whipping boy. im a fan of penner i hope he gets it going for himself.

Old
11-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Orr Nightmare

Cory Sarich

Cory Sarich seems to have lost his spot on the Flames blueline.

Maybe he can be had for a small fee.

I don't mind how Eminger or Woywitka have played and with the addition of Christian Balkman part 2.0, I doubt Sather or Torts feel like it is a must but he would add some snarl to our blueline.

Last night Milan Lucic bulldozed Ryan Miller in a close game up until that point....Bruins won 6-2...whenever something like that happens, I immediately start to think "what would happen if that happend to Hank".

I know we have Prust...but he is playing with one shoulder again.

I know we have Sauer...he is tough as nails but we need him on he ice, not off.

All that leaves us with is Devo...

Now that EC is back to being invisible because he is not worried about coming out of the lineup...I would love to add a mean SOB on the blueline or a mean SOB to take EC's spot.

Thoughts?

Old
11-13-2011, 09:51 AM
bulax17

Rangers Scouts at Kings/Wild Game Last Night

Not sure who they'd be looking at. Maybe defenseman?: http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2011-articles/november/rangers-scouts-in-la-last-night.html

Old
11-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
this pretty much sums it up all. penner has been disastrous in los angeles and desperately needs a change of scenery. just think of how many clashes torts would have with penner, he would be the new whipping boy. im a fan of penner i hope he gets it going for himself.
ahhh Penner is bigger than Wolski, if they are both UFA's at seasons end I do it.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:31 AM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulax17 View Post
Thanks, but not too many players named coming or going.
We know LA is D/D propsect heavy, but they are not especially otherwise thin either.

Who (realistically) might be available?
Who/what assets (realistically) will we part with?

Old
11-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Thanks, but not too many players named coming or going.
We know LA is D/D propsect heavy, but they are not especially otherwise thin either.

Who (realistically) might be available?
Who/what assets (realistically) will we part with?

Zucc, Eminger and 5th rd pick for Matt Greene

Old
11-13-2011, 07:27 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

I wonder if nashville is looking to move suter, it would be nice to have suter/girardi-sauer/mcd as our top 4

or when staal comes back
staal-Mcd
suter-girardi
sauer-mdz

that would be one hell of a blue line. Nice and evenly split

Old
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Zucc, Eminger and 5th rd pick for Matt Greene
I would love this, but:

a) Greene's cap hit is pretty hard to burden given our current cap commitments, and the fact that he's had a rather slow start to the season. If his contract expired in a year or two, it'd be fine, but he's not going to last here with Erixon and McIlrath up & coming within the next 2 years

b) LA probably wouldn't take that. Eminger doesn't fit anywhere on their defense (they'd call up Voynov if they were to trade Greene, kid's NHL ready now, he just has no place to play in the NHL with LA), and the Kings already have their Zuccarello(s) in Tyler Toffoli and/or Brandon Kozun.

Maybe Wolski + a pick.

Old
11-13-2011, 08:43 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarblueshirt View Post
I wonder if nashville is looking to move suter, it would be nice to have suter/girardi-sauer/mcd as our top 4

or when staal comes back
staal-Mcd
suter-girardi
sauer-mdz

that would be one hell of a blue line. Nice and evenly split
Why you got McDonagh on the right?

Too many guys out of position.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:57 AM
bluecollarblueshirt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Why you got McDonagh on the right?

Too many guys out of position.
most of those guys can play either side. but it wasnt for that specific purpose just to show what they could look like. as we all know that mcd is the soon to be partner of marc staal

Old
11-14-2011, 01:15 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I would love this, but:

a) Greene's cap hit is pretty hard to burden given our current cap commitments, and the fact that he's had a rather slow start to the season. If his contract expired in a year or two, it'd be fine, but he's not going to last here with Erixon and McIlrath up & coming within the next 2 years

b) LA probably wouldn't take that. Eminger doesn't fit anywhere on their defense (they'd call up Voynov if they were to trade Greene, kid's NHL ready now, he just has no place to play in the NHL with LA), and the Kings already have their Zuccarello(s) in Tyler Toffoli and/or Brandon Kozun.

Maybe Wolski + a pick.
Makes sense. Am trying to be stingy on picks offered this year, unless value/upgrade is there.

Assume the other post about LAK is fundamentally correct.
It's not Greene, not a good cap fit for us as you indicated.

Who do you think it might be?
Or do you think another deal more cap friendly for Rangers can/should be reworked for Greene?

Am open minded to suggestions here, unless we're talking about Coke for Pepsi...

Old
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
GAGLine

What do you guys think about Milan Hejduk at the deadline? He's listed as a RW, and not sure if he can play the left side, but he's putting up good numbers despite being 35. 7 of his 12 points have come on the PP and he's got 7 goals so far.

His cap hit is 3 mil and then he's UFA next year, which we should be able to afford at the deadline. This is, of course, assuming Colorado is out of the playoff race.

I'm not sure what the asking price would be, though. Would a 3rd get it done? I'd rather not give up a 2nd considering his age and the depth of the 2012 draft, but that might be what it would take.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
What do you guys think about Milan Hejduk at the deadline? He's listed as a RW, and not sure if he can play the left side, but he's putting up good numbers despite being 35. 7 of his 12 points have come on the PP and he's got 7 goals so far.

His cap hit is 3 mil and then he's UFA next year, which we should be able to afford at the deadline. This is, of course, assuming Colorado is out of the playoff race.

I'm not sure what the asking price would be, though. Would a 3rd get it done? I'd rather not give up a 2nd considering his age and the depth of the 2012 draft, but that might be what it would take.
As usual, very insightful. Good for a rental w/outside shot of extra year.
Agree on keeping draft payment to minimum.

Do we want to give up on Yorgan, or another in that level of prospect, and if that's not enough then give up a lower pick also, maybe a 5th?

Old
11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Hejduk, as I understand it is not interested in playing anywhere but Colorado (It is a very pretty state, btw). They were the only team he was considering when contemplating retirement last year.

I expect that the Avalanche respect that.

11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
bluecollarblueshirt*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
Hejduk, as I understand it is not interested in playing anywhere but Colorado (It is a very pretty state, btw). They were the only team he was considering when contemplating retirement last year.

I expect that the Avalanche respect that.
considering he spent his whole career there and was just named captain i dont think he's going anywhere.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:08 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecollarblueshirt View Post
considering he spent his whole career there and was just named captain i dont think he's going anywhere.
Yeah, I just saw that they named him captain, so you're probably right.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:50 PM
ecemleafs

whats the biggest cap hit we can take on without giving back any salary at the trade deadline?

Old
11-14-2011, 09:59 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
whats the biggest cap hit we can take on without giving back any salary at the trade deadline?
Hard to say until we get there

Old
11-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Hard to say until we get there
DrSutton is right, but for reference:

We started the year with around $1.6m free. If we have that space at the deadline, we could afford to add around $7.5m in salary without shedding any salary. (contract is on the books for 40 days. ($7.5m/186)x 40 = $1,612,903)

Old
11-16-2011, 08:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Leafs offered a player and 2nd round pick from undisclosed team for Franson. Evidently, depth on D is highly valued in Toronto.
https://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger/...98187313827840

Were the Rangers that team?

Old
11-16-2011, 08:48 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I doubt it. Doesn't seem like Slats' MO to offer up that much for a player who wouldn't be more than a stop gap.

Closed Thread