HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings AHL / Manchester Monarchs 2011-2012 Update Thread

Old
10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
TKFAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Monarchs win a game. 5-2.

Just thought of Voynov coming back was enough for the victory.
Good win by the Monarchs. First game since Voynov was called up that the team actually played a complete 60 minutes. When Voynov returns, the sky is the limit

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Fat Elvis

How has Deslauriers looked so far? I read a lot of hype coming into this season, but I haven't seen too much lately.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2011, 06:14 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
How has Deslauriers looked so far? I read a lot of hype coming into this season, but I haven't seen too much lately.
Has been a healthy scratch for a bit of the season I believe. I try to listen to the games when I can and I think I've only caught 2 maybe 3 games that he has played in. Seemed to play very few minutes as Campbell, Muzzin, Hickey, Kolomatis, and Mullen have played every game and Deslauriers and Hill have been splitting time as the 6th guy from what I've been able to figure out from radio broadcasts. Once Voinov is back it might be very difficult for him to see any kind of significant playing time unless he can replace Mullen or Kolomatis.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2011, 12:24 PM
kkempy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask48 View Post
Has been a healthy scratch for a bit of the season I believe. I try to listen to the games when I can and I think I've only caught 2 maybe 3 games that he has played in. Seemed to play very few minutes as Campbell, Muzzin, Hickey, Kolomatis, and Mullen have played every game and Deslauriers and Hill have been splitting time as the 6th guy from what I've been able to figure out from radio broadcasts. Once Voinov is back it might be very difficult for him to see any kind of significant playing time unless he can replace Mullen or Kolomatis.
He has played 6 of 11 games. The first game of the season I was very impressed with him, but maybe it was because the team as a whole outplayed the other team. In the games since that he has not looked very good, lots and lots of rookie mistakes. He will need to play a lot better in order to find a spot as the others are way above him in experience if not talent. Doesn't seem to be in the right place and makes many bad passes and a few bad penalties. He is young and there is a learning curve, I expect he will get there.

kkempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 07:44 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkempy View Post
He has played 6 of 11 games. The first game of the season I was very impressed with him, but maybe it was because the team as a whole outplayed the other team. In the games since that he has not looked very good, lots and lots of rookie mistakes. He will need to play a lot better in order to find a spot as the others are way above him in experience if not talent. Doesn't seem to be in the right place and makes many bad passes and a few bad penalties. He is young and there is a learning curve, I expect he will get there.
Holloway and Moller
are having great starts, Bud leads the team with fourteen points and Oscar has ten points.The team is in first place.

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Sybil227

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
Holloway and Moller
are having great starts, Bud leads the team with fourteen points and Oscar has ten points.The team is in first place.
I hadn't realized they were playing on the same team. Never really looked. I suppose that's kinda good. Hopefully they'll grow their games & come back here.

Where to keep up with their stats:
http://estat.hockeyligan.se/c/LPlaye...YearCategory=0

Sybil227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:04 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
Holloway and Moller

That's great. I hope Holloway realizes he might have made the Kings' team coming out of camp. Money was the deciding factor for him though.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 08:43 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have watched N Des play live a few times now and there appears to be an issue with his skating that I haven't seen before. If i am to guess it is that he has an abdominal pull or something similar. It seems to flair up when he pushes himself because he isn't skating like the fluid terrific skater that he has been the last few years.

He is out of position due to his skating due to some sort of injury or so it seems. I haven't been able to talk to hm yet but I will next time and I will post what he has to say if anything.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:31 PM
baldwinhouse

how has linden vey been playing. i know he has 5 points in 9 games, but how is he looking? future top six forward? how far away?

baldwinhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 09:46 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I think Vey is coming along nicely and even a bit ahead of schedule. He is still a year or so away for certain but he has shown flashes of top 6. I think he should make it.

Old
11-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Fat Elvis

Thanks Tonelli for the updates. After all the talk in the offseason, I was expecting more positive news from ND in Manchester. Hope it's nothing major.
Have you had the chance to see any of the kids playing junior yet? Any thoughts?

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:34 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have and am putting together another long boring write up for the Thanksgiving Holiday that I will post here. I may not be a Thanksgiving guy but respect the holiday.

I, for the first time in forever think I might be watching the next almost great one. I honestly think that we might be seeing a young player who will force us to compare him with other greats of the past. A kid who is better than Stamkos was at this point in his career by far.

All in the coming thread along with an update on our own kids.

I am loving Toffi's game this year and have seen a real maturation process happening. Vey is looking good and slightly ahead of schedule. Kozun, VV, Loko and Hickey all belong in the NHL. Short update on our kids.

Old
11-05-2011, 01:38 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have and am putting together another long boring write up for the Thanksgiving Holiday that I will post here. I may not be a Thanksgiving guy but respect the holiday.

I, for the first time in forever think I might be watching the next almost great one. I honestly think that we might be seeing a young player who will force us to compare him with other greats of the past. A kid who is better than Stamkos was at this point in his career by far.

All in the coming thread along with an update on our own kids.

I am loving Toffi's game this year and have seen a real maturation process happening. Vey is looking good and slightly ahead of schedule. Kozun, VV, Loko and Hickey all belong in the NHL. Short update on our kids.
Nathan MacKinnon

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 01:49 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Nathan MacKinnon
Jamie JorpJorp

Old
11-05-2011, 01:26 PM
SuperAlmeida

Sean Monahan is the next Jonathan Toews. IMO I want this kid on the LA Kings.

SuperAlmeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Johnny Utah

Jordan Nolan has 3 fights this year and 2 goals, 5 assists. I really think he makes it next year and replaces Moreau. Kings gave him a long look in the pre-season keeping him and King until one of the final cuts.

P.S. Kozun belongs in the show? He has 4 goals, 1 assist and team worst -6. TM will not like that.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 08:51 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
Sean Monahan is the next Jonathan Toews. IMO I want this kid on the LA Kings.
Good luck.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Jordan Nolan has 3 fights this year and 2 goals, 5 assists. I really think he makes it next year and replaces Moreau. Kings gave him a long look in the pre-season keeping him and King until one of the final cuts.

P.S. Kozun belongs in the show? He has 4 goals, 1 assist and team worst -6. TM will not like that.
I don't know about replacement for Moreau but I'm eager to see Nolan make the team.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 07:43 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

At the Monarchs. Nice scrap between Justin Johnson and McLearn! McLearn had cheaped shot Clune while he has on bench. Johnson was chippiring at McLearn before the faceoff. Prior to be faceoff Johnson threw Cam Paddock out of the faceoff circle then just proceeded to beat the crap out of McLearn!

Never seen at teammate throw another teammate out of the circle just so he could beat the crap out of somebody!!

It was pretty freakin awesome!

Last edited by CTKingsFan: 11-12-2011 at 08:37 PM.
CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:34 PM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Monarchs win! 2-1 goals by Azevedo and Voynov.

Zatkoff played out of his mind! Stopped 46 of 47 shots!! Won the game for Manchester

Old
11-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
Monarchs win! 2-1 goals by Azevedo and Voynov.

Zatkoff played out of his mind! Stopped 46 of 47 shots!! Won the game for Manchester
Good for him! How did Hickey do?

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 09:45 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Anyone know what the lines were?

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:33 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Hickey was there....

Nothing great, nothing real bad.

With 47 shots on net a whole lot couldn't be said about the defense. Even Voynov didn't look too hot, but his slap shots have eyes!

Stand out games for be where from Loktionov, Vey and of course Zatkoff! Also Johnson and Clune are animals. Clune got busted open bad during a fight and was skating around screaming like he just won the Stanley Cup! Dude is NUTS!

The lines were being shuffled a bit the first was Nolan - Loktionov - Kozun. I live in Connecticut so I don't get to see the Monarchs all that often. I'd be slightly guessing at the rest of the lines to be honest.

Most interesting note on lines though was later in the game Lokti was getting doubled shifted but was playing on the wing on his 2nd line w/ Paddock and Johnson.

Old
11-13-2011, 02:26 AM
sBarry

What do you guys think about Azavedo?

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Capn Brown

Why is Dwight King's production so low (only 1 goal in 17 games)? Is he only playing the 4th line or something?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote