HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Montreal @ Nashville 6:00

Old
11-12-2011, 11:38 PM
NoNecksCurse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo Train View Post
I'm in the same boat. A disappointing game from him tonight. However, we didn't lose the game because of a 4th liner. We've been scoring alot of goals lately, it's about time it dried up. I'll take the one point against an eastern conference team and move along.
agreed. also I'm not placing any blame on toots for the loss. just saying he might need to go. tonight would have been a perfect game for him to get some energy going maybe with a fight imo. boring, sloppy game.

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 11:42 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Not quite a sellout but close much closer than 2 years ago for sure. The game was a little bit of a snoozer and at times it seemed neither team wanted the puck. Our PP was poo poo again giving up the 4th SH goal against this season. PB playes well and stayed focused considering the lack of action he saw in the first. I will try and get the pic of the jersey bet up before Mon but we have an 11 hour drive back home tomorrow so it wont happen tomorrow. The guys in front of us got a Spacek and Gomez stick as they left the ice. Oh did I mention I really hate the loser point why a 3 point system if at the end of OT it is tied leave it a tie and give each team a point but to get a point for losing is stupid.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:07 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Sucks we lost, but I had fun. We got a point just need to start potting the goals again. We needed Leggy tonight, that was evident.

Caught a puck, pretty awesome since its game 1000 puck

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:21 AM
bishop12
Ovyously

I missed tonight's game...it didn't show up on CI because it included Montreal in hte game...how did #15 look?

bishop12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:54 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I missed tonight's game...it didn't show up on CI because it included Montreal in hte game...how did #15 look?
Looked like he always does only without a point.

He did get chippy a few times, though. I liked that

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 06:53 AM
Lshap

Both teams were playing it surprisingly safe -- almost polite, kinda like our two fan bases. There were a ton of good chances that missed the nets (a few more for Nashville, I think). I'll consider my Habs lucky; this game could've easily gone either way.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
dont know if your joking or not.... but yes I think lol. I'm kind of giving up on the tootoo project unless he wants to start causing havoc again like on the SHT line
I honestly believe Tootoo single-handedly brings in more revenue than his contract is worth. And I don't think it's close.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:48 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Tootoo may bring in more dollars than his contract is worth, but I doubt we see a huge drop in revenue if he is traded/not re-signed. People will just buy someone else's jersey

Old
11-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Tootoo may bring in more dollars than his contract is worth, but I doubt we see a huge drop in revenue if he is traded/not re-signed. People will just buy someone else's jersey
Maybe, but i'm not so sure. This is gonna sound awful, but to people who don't know a thing about hockey, Tootoo is some sort of God. At school, I've been asked if Tootoo is an all-star, to compare him to Crosby, etc. He is, for some reason that I can not figured out, widely regarded as the best player on this team to people who don't know what they're talking about. Letting him go would be a huge PR hit. Just re-sign him cheap and move on.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:00 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I saw Wendy put on Dryden's jersey after the final buzzer and photos being taken, so I'm sure we'll see them make it up here eventually...
nope, that was Marie!! not me.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:07 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Both teams were playing it surprisingly safe -- almost polite, kinda like our two fan bases. There were a ton of good chances that missed the nets (a few more for Nashville, I think). I'll consider my Habs lucky; this game could've easily gone either way.
And a pretty polite group of visitors it was last night. Represented the Habs well.
On a similar note, in our section we had one idiot that started yelling something about Canada during the Canadian national anthem. Three people, including his friend, screamed at him immediately. The usher gave him some grief from a distance, then after it was over, the crowd in our section wasn't satisfied and made the usher come up and give him a lecture. A few more people yelled at him, then about 30 parents (including me) gave their kids a lecture on how uncool and disrespectful that behavior is. That's how Nashville rolls.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
And a pretty polite group of visitors it was last night. Represented the Habs well.
On a similar note, in our section we had one idiot that started yelling something about Canada during the Canadian national anthem. Three people, including his friend, screamed at him immediately. The usher gave him some grief from a distance, then after it was over, the crowd in our section wasn't satisfied and made the usher come up and give him a lecture. A few more people yelled at him, then about 30 parents (including me) gave their kids a lecture on how uncool and disrespectful that behavior is. That's how Nashville rolls.
I heard somebody booing during "Oh Canada". Just awful. Personally, I sang along. I'm all for America, but I gotta say that Oh Canada is a better national anthem than the SSB.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds9 View Post
I heard somebody booing during "Oh Canada". Just awful. Personally, I sang along. I'm all for America, but I gotta say that Oh Canada is a better national anthem than the SSB.
wasn't me ... I heard it to & was singing along as well ... there is always one moron

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
nope, that was Marie!! not me.
Sorry! It was late and I couldn't think of Hockey Diva's screen name. Wendy popped into my head for some reason even though I know better!

It was Hockey Diva that put on Dryden's jersey at the end of the game...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:49 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Maybe, but i'm not so sure. This is gonna sound awful, but to people who don't know a thing about hockey, Tootoo is some sort of God. At school, I've been asked if Tootoo is an all-star, to compare him to Crosby, etc. He is, for some reason that I can not figured out, widely regarded as the best player on this team to people who don't know what they're talking about. Letting him go would be a huge PR hit. Just re-sign him cheap and move on.
While I understand your point, the beauty of the casual sports fan is they can, and often do, move along. Tootoo is a demigod to them now. If he is gone, someone else takes that role relatively quickly. Bouillon, for instance, is a small, scrappy guy. Weber is a huge, scrappy guy. McGrattan likes to throw fists and hits.

I think this team is in a position where roster moves can stop being judged for the potential PR influence and start being judged for what they really are; moves to make the team better. I love Tootoo. I'm not opposed to keeping him on the team so long as he isn't asking for unreasonable money. I'm just not opposed to letting him go if it benefits the team.

FWIW, I think Tootoo stays a Pred for his career. I'm cool with that as long as he is used properly and not given minutes just to give fans something to cheer about (unless it's a blow out)

Old
11-13-2011, 11:56 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

They key for toots is gonna be money. At this rate he is not justifying much more than league minimum. If he ramps it up again like he did in the anaheim series last year he might get another deal for 1 mil per or more but if not he will have to take a pay cut

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
These people are also the same ones that text you to say "man the Preds are awful" while flipping through channels, seeing that we're losing after not knowing we were playing, and then move onto something else. They don't carry much weight and aren't going to go buy tickets to the games.

I think however that Nashville as a whole doesn't need to rely on Tootoo's public perception to keep the team afloat, and it shouldn't really matter if he's gone. With that said I think he should stay with us for a long time, so long as he doesn't make some insane contract demand. Most, if not all, teams have a guy like him on their team so he isn't hurting anything really. If he hits a year or two of roster-space-wasting then maybe it's time to re-evaluate, but as of now I don't see it.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:06 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

If this team still relies on Tootoo for revenue and fans then we still have problems.

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:16 PM
wadesworld

I enjoyed the game last night and was overall happy with our play for the majority of the game once we got going.

It still boggles my mind what we're trying to accomplish when we stand still on a 5-3 and pass the puck back and forth. You have to move around as you pass the puck - not stand still. Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't what it is.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:43 PM
hockey diva

A bitter ending to a game I had been looking forward to. Mercifully, I only had to wear the jersey for a couple of pictures which are very unflattering. Thanks for the breakdown Seth. We seemed to get pinned in our own zone alot in the first and couldn't generate anything. It was rather funny to see their PP be about effective as ours. I think Dryden now understands why I have been so frustrated with ours for the past few seasons.

Hopefully the guys will shake off this funk and find a way to get back on track.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 04:27 PM
token grinder

anyone else notice Legwand arm bandaged from the wrist up to the shoulder? don;t know if it is a smokescreen or if it wasn't a shoulder if he sprained a wrist or elbow.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 05:21 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
anyone else notice Legwand arm bandaged from the wrist up to the shoulder? don;t know if it is a smokescreen or if it wasn't a shoulder if he sprained a wrist or elbow.
I am not sure what kind if injury would require that kind of bandage... might have been a smokescreen as you said

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Sorry! It was late and I couldn't think of Hockey Diva's screen name. Wendy popped into my head for some reason even though I know better!

It was Hockey Diva that put on Dryden's jersey at the end of the game...
Where were you sitting? We had a guy in front of us from Atlanta who is actually from Montreal he drove in for the game.

Old
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Where were you sitting? We had a guy in front of us from Atlanta who is actually from Montreal he drove in for the game.
I looked around for you guys before the game, but didn't see you. Forgot about it till the game was over and I caught you taking off that very unique jersey. I sit in 319 which was to your left in the shoot twice end.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:01 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
I looked around for you guys before the game, but didn't see you. Forgot about it till the game was over and I caught you taking off that very unique jersey. I sit in 319 which was to your left in the shoot twice end.
Ah ok makes sense and ya pretty tough to miss that jersey lol.