HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

On MDZ

Old
11-12-2011, 05:13 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
We should not trade Staal. We'd have to get someone both amazing and cap friendly back. How many d-men of his calibre are signed at $3.975M for the next four seasons? If Braydon Cobourn getting a 4 year $4.5M per contract is any indication, our cap can't afford replacing someone of Staal's calibre. Especially if people think we have a chance of signing Zach Parise over the summer.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:47 PM
rangerrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by x GBISH x View Post
He played top 4 minutes the first dozen games and is a +7. Try watching a game, troll.
I watched every Ranger game this year my friend! Your guy MDZ plays against the soft lines and isnt even on the ice when it really counts, which i give Torts credit for. He knows the liability he is in our own zone and that +/- stat just another over blown fact. Too much time already wasted on our little MDZ and his play for my liking. Keep cheering for the guy maybe one day he will get it right. Sad to think someone become a great player because he gets drafted to our Blueshirts, Dont worry Gimish he was a one way player in junior also so not not really too wrong!! I wouldn't expect you to understand this as you have only seen him over the pass 3 seasons.

rangerrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrat View Post
As a matter of fact many this year, will be so glad when Marc returns to cut into this kids ice time, Too selfish for my likeing thats all iam saying!! But iam glad he still has a few cheerleaders in his corner!! Keep up the good work MDZ against the 3/4 line forwards because thats the first lline in the AHL!
Quote:
I watched every Ranger game this year my friend! Your guy MDZ plays against the soft lines and isnt even on the ice when it really counts, which i give Torts credit for. He knows the liability he is in our own zone and that +/- stat just another over blown fact. Too much time already wasted on our little MDZ and his play for my liking. Keep cheering for the guy maybe one day he will get it right. Sad to think someone become a great player because he gets drafted to our Blueshirts, Dont worry Gimish he was a one way player in junior also so not not really too wrong!! I wouldn't expect you to understand this as you have only seen him over the pass 3 seasons.
You should probably make up your mind about how many games you watched.

He averages 21:54 TOI and he only plays against soft lines? So the other team plays their softest line for over a third of the game? Who have Eminger and Woywitka been playing against then?

You've shown nothing to indicate that you have any idea what you're talking about throughout this thread. I'm going to stop wasting my time on a blind MDZ hater.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by x GBISH x View Post
You should probably make up your mind about how many games you watched.

He averages 21:54 TOI and he only plays against soft lines? So the other team plays their softest line for over a third of the game? Who have Eminger and Woywitka been playing against then?

You've shown nothing to indicate that you have any idea what you're talking about throughout this thread. I'm going to stop wasting my time on a blind MDZ hater.
Not to mention that 8 of our 15 games this season have been played on the road where the Rangers don't get the last change and have no control over who MDZ is out on the ice against...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:11 PM
John Torturella

He has been rock solid. Cant ask for much more than that.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
We should not trade Staal.

It always depends on the circumstance. For instance, if Suter wants to sign with us, but to fit him under the cap we have to trade away an expensive player, and Edmonton comes calling offering Taylor Hall for Staal, I would do it. Hall+Suter > Staal.

I am not saying this will happen, just giving one circumstance where trading Staal makes sense. It's highly unlikely that we will trade Staal, but it's not impossible under any circumstance.

In my mind, any player is theoretically tradable, except Lundqvist because I believe you always start by building from the net out and you can't just replace a superstar goalie with a meh goalie, regardless of any return you can reasonably get. (Obviously if the Pens come calling offering Cindy and Malkin for Lundqvist, we would do it, but it's just not something that could happen under any reasonable scenario.)

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Normally I'm not the grammar police, but please stop posting or read a book and learn the basics.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote