HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

11/12/11 - Minnesota Wild @ Los Angeles Kings (9:30 PM CST) FS-N (HD)

Old
11-13-2011, 12:40 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I felt a very strong effort was given to not throwing anyone under the bus.
Well he better throw them under the bus in private. Mikko needs to step it up. Don't get me wrong, I still don't see anyone else doing a better job at leading this team. Nobody is jumping out to get in eachother's faces. Cripes. Even Cullen looks suspect right now. So arguing about the "letter" is pointless. I don't even know if it's goals that I want from Koivu. Just show some beast mode and get these guys to come out prepared.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:44 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

vCash: 500
He sounded like he was trying really hard not to tell the media something.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
He sounded like he was trying really hard not to tell the media something.
Or just trying really hard not to scream.

Casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Another extremely disappointing game. Stupid penalties, bad defense, no offense at all from our "top lines", and shaky goaltending. If anything the team is going to need to stop the slide and regroup. They built a little cushion but in a week they could be outside the top 10.

Jarick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:42 AM
LemaireisGOD

My take...

http://www.stateofhockeynews.com/201...s-angeles.html

This reminded me a lot of an effort we'd see from a Todd Richards' coached squad. The main difference is how the coach is taking the loss; Mike Yeo looked as though he was teetering on the edge of a tirade when he addressed the media. I don't blame him; the team has had two horrible efforts in a row. Scandella being out will hurt a lot; especially in terms of his shot from the point. Zidlicky is absolutely worthless and continues to provide evidence of this. I have a complete WCHA Men's hockey rundown, prospect updates on Tyler Graovac, Brett Bulmer, Zack Phillips and Josh Caron. I also have an update on a Wild prospect camp participant in Kyle Thomas too. Enjoy!

LemaireisGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 02:26 AM
NHL1674
Whatever...

vCash: 97
Sometimes I'm wondering if Koivu actually understands the questions asked during postgame interviews. Dude, not the best responses after this game. However, I do think that Russo was looking for a fight when asking whether or not this was the most frustrating loss he's ever had. Come on, Mike. As bad as it was, it certainly wasn't close to the worst, most frustrating loss that the franchise has had, so I doubt in the 20 years he's been playing, that it'd be the most frustrating. I'm sure Wild fans can name quite a few uglier losses that wouldn't compare to this one. That said, he could have simply answered that it's been the most frustrating loss in a while.

Don't be so laid back about it, kid. And jump on the knife with the others.

NHL1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
Sometimes I'm wondering if Koivu actually understands the questions asked during postgame interviews. Dude, not the best responses after this game. However, I do think that Russo was looking for a fight when asking whether or not this was the most frustrating loss he's ever had. Come on, Mike. As bad as it was, it certainly wasn't close to the worst, most frustrating loss that the franchise has had, so I doubt in the 20 years he's been playing, that it'd be the most frustrating. I'm sure Wild fans can name quite a few uglier losses that wouldn't compare to this one. That said, he could have simply answered that it's been the most frustrating loss in a while.

Don't be so laid back about it, kid. And jump on the knife with the others.
Unfortunately yes.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Wildfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
That's why I always post this whenever he scores:

Thanks; cool video.

Wildfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:08 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
after sleeping a couple hours...I really liked our 3rd. I liked Falk's attitude this game--the third period specifically.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:21 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Missed another game due to a bachelor party.

Seems like I didn't miss much, though... Hopefully Scandella isn't out for a lengthy stretch. While he hasn't played great, he's been one of the better defensemen out there. Can't afford to lose that.

A little adversity here on the road isn't a bad thing from my perspective. This team isn't there yet and is building for future seasons. The big thing I'm interested in is seeing how the team and more specifically Yeo and his staff respond in the next few games.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northland Wild Man View Post
Unfortunately yes.
Montreal who? : (

But, it's good to have all this pressure about Koivu scoring goals, maybe... maybe... with all this pressure next time he doest pass and shot. He needs to understand that great players sometimes need to do the work himself and not expect everything from the others.

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
So after I left I spent the next 4 hours or so trying to get to sleep.

Finally, after getting a few hours of sleep, I got up and watched the rest of this travesty, and honestly the third wasnt that bad...right up until the point where the penalties killed it, again. Yeo's press conference looked like he was really working to restrain himself from just going off like a bomb. I dont blame him. The Wild have **** the bed now in three straight games and got their ***** handed to them tonight.

Zids is a total liability at this point. I dont know if he forgot what he and Yeo talked about a couple weeks ago or what, but I would really like it if the Wild would just find a way to pawn him off on a trade or just waive him and cut him loose. Any time the puck comes near him in the offensive zone it pretty much just kills momentum.

Staubitz can go too. He seems to be good for nothing but dumb penalties, and we already take enough of those without his help.

Our top line looks like trash. Koivu looks like he wants to move from center to the blueline or something. I'm all for playing solid defense, but for ****s sake score a damned goal already. A penalty killing grinder we picked up is now out scoring you. Get the lead out of your ass already.

I just hope Scandy doesnt have a concussion. He's actually been playing pretty decently, and we dont need another quality player to go down.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Dee Oh Cee

He does have a concussion.

Dee Oh Cee is offline   Reply With Quote