Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Sit/Start Week 10

Old
11-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
Thoughts on trading V Jackson for Darren McFadden...I'd probably have to add a little as RBs are like gold in this league, but if I could get an upgrade on Tolbert my roster would be set for the season, he's the weekest link in my top 5
I would make the trade if anyone is willing. Lloyd will have a strong second half of the season. Mcfadden would be a solid pickup. I am not sure of his return table though?!

Im F'd for RB in my league with Bensen and CJ2K being my top two. But I have the Det K, D, stafford and manning to round me out with a good WR core.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjosh2k2 View Post
Also who would you start at QB:

Fitzpatrick vs Dal
Cutler vs Det
Cassel vs Den

Im leaning towards Cassel, i think he has a great matchup, but he did nothing last week.
Cutler is playing extremely well right now, I think I would go with him.

Of course, there's a decent chance he's knocked out of the game in the 1st quarter with that Lions defensive line...

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:35 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Who should i start at QB:

Fitzpatrick vs Dal
Cutler vs Det
Cassel vs Den

Leaning towards Cassel, i think he has a better matchup, but he did nothing last week.
Cassel sucks. Fitz vs. Cutler is a toss up. I'd prob go Cutler.

Daniel Thomas or DeAngelo Williams?

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 04:50 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
Cassel sucks. Fitz vs. Cutler is a toss up. I'd prob go Cutler.

I dropped Thomas. Bush has played real well the past couple of games and he's coming off a injury. I'd go with Williams, hands down.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:39 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Who should i start as my third WR?
I think Smith has the most upside so I'd go with him. Ford had a great week but I'm gonna need to see it again before I'm sold. Smith's shown me more. Nelson's been very mediocre since week 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Schaub (at Bucs) or Fitzpatrick (at Cowboys).
I'd definitely go Fitz. I don't think there's any chance AJ plays.

Quote:
I just dropped Daniel Thomas for Ben Tate. Should I start Tate instead of Mendenhall as my RB2, who's playing against the 2nd best team versus the run in Cincinnati?
It's very tempting as Mendenhall's been disappointing and going up against a tough D, but I still think you gotta go with a clear starter over a very good backup.

Quote:
All the bold are my starters, I need help picking my flex, really it's a toss up between Vincent Jackson & Brandon Lloyd. Normally I'd say easy call and go Jackson, but I follow Fantasy Guru and they are normally very reliable, and they are projecting Lloyd as the # 3 WR this week, V Jackson as # 9.
Whenever I'm faced with a decision like this, I like to go with the better player. IMO that's VJax, so I'd start him. Not to mention Cleveland has the best pass D in football (in terms of yards given up), and Oakland's is pretty bad. I'm going VJax here.

Quote:
Thoughts on trading V Jackson for Darren McFadden..
I love it, especially considering you can just plug Lloyd in, but (you knew there was a but) I'm very concerned with McFadden's foot. He's not even walking yet. I could easily see this lingering for a month. Odds are you'll have him for your playoff run, but it's a pretty big gamble IMO. I'm not sure if I personally would do it (as I view VJax in a tier above Lloyd), but at the same time Lloyd could have similar production to VJax the rest of the year, and if McFadden does return before the season's over that would be a huge upgrade over Tolbert/Helu (I don't see Beanie finishing the year). I could certainly understand why you'd make the deal as the potential reward likely outweighs the risk.

Quote:
Also who would you start at QB:
Cassel had a good matchup last week and stunk up the joint. Fitzpatrick's been the best of the three, and I could see the Lions D line playing a factor more than I could envision Dallas shutting Fitzpatrick down. I'd go with Fitz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRep TheWingedWheel View Post
I was pretty high on D Thomas after he had consecutive productive games earlier in the year, but things sure have changed. The guy's done nothing lately, and Bush is back to being the starter. As bad as DWill's been he's still a better start than Thomas this week. Although I could certainly see that changing in the next week or two.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGDDYKWL View Post

I think you gotta go Stafford here. The pass D's are virtually identical. I'm gonna go with the guy who's been more productive this year.
I like the way you think. even though you avatar scares the **** out of me lol jk.

Yup Stafford should be a go I think. Just crossing my fingers that pepper stays injured to give staff some more time in the pocket.

Last one I am having toubles with on the TE.

Olsen or Gonza?!?

Gonza was a scratch again this week for Wed practice just like last week to rest his back apparently. Vs. NO

Olsen has been very reliable for me this season and is playing against the Titans that give up a decent amount of Fps to the opposing TE positions.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:17 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Last one I am having toubles with on the TE.
This one's really a coin flip. Gonzalez has been interesting this year. His receptions and yards declined every year since 2007, so I really thought he was done, but the guy has performed. Question is will it continue. I tend to think it won't. And like you said the Titans have given up a lot of points to TEs this year, and Olsen's been solid in general. That being said, I think Gonzalez is the better of the two players, and whenever it's a toss up for me I'm going with the guy who I just think is better, and that's Gonzalez.

Old
11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Need to bench one of these wr's this week. ppr league. Leaning Jones.

Fitzgerald
S. Johnson
Marshall
A. Brown
J. Jones

And for another league, Tate or Helu in the flex. ppr as well.

Last edited by Shape: 11-12-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2011, 05:37 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post
Julio Jones is your number one IMO if he's healthy. The injury is definitely a concern. Question is how far does that slide him down. This isn't what the rankings would tell you, but with Brown being so good lately, Fitz is a guy I'd basically always start, Marshall's probably your best start, and as long as Jones is playing Sunday I'd sit Stevie Johnson. The guy's been pretty mediocre over the last 5 weeks (plus he's battling the flu). Oh, you know what, after saying all that I just realized you're probably talking about James Jones. In that case yeah I would sit him. Or if it's Jacoby Jones I'd definitely sit him.

Quote:
I just don't see Torain eating into Helu's workload all that much (nor will Choice), so even though Tate's been very productive with his work, I'm taking the starter here in Helu (especially in a PPR).

Old
11-13-2011, 03:01 AM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shape View Post

Fitzgerald
S. Johnson
Marshall
A. Brown
J. Jones

Either Fitz or Johnson, assuming that is Julio and not Jacoby Jones. Fitz doesn't have a QB again and is going against one of the best CB in the league.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:09 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
The way Rodgers is going, I'm not sure I'd bench anyone with a G on the sides of their helmet if I could help it.

of course, I'm trying to get Julio in, and deciding on James Starks or DeMarco Murray sitting (I have a flex spot)

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 03:19 AM
Shape
Go Sharks :(

Yeah, it's Julio Jones. My bad for not specifying. Forgot there were a few J. Jones.

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 05:10 AM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
The way Rodgers is going, I'm not sure I'd bench anyone with a G on the sides of their helmet if I could help it. of course, I'm trying to get Julio in, and deciding on James Starks or DeMarco Murray sitting (I have a flex spot)
For weeks now I've felt like Starks was gonna break out with a big game, and here we are at week 10 and the guy hasn't had one real good (fantasy) week yet. I'm tired of waiting. Guy's gonna be glued to my bench until he shows me something. That and Murray's been an absolute beast lately, and to top it off Minnesota has a much better run D than Buffalo. I would definitely start Murray over Starks.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:04 AM
MJG

Giants or Cowboys D/ST ?

MJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:07 AM
rangerssharks414

Pick 3 RBs, PPR

Gore vs. NYG
McCoy vs. ARZ
Sproles vs. ATL
Murray vs. BUF

Am I crazy for thinking about benching Gore?

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 11:09 AM
TCNorthstars

Another week, another WR problem. Need to play 2:
Welker, playing the Jets and has hurt ribs
S. Smith, Newton with pain in his throwing shoulder
Maclin, will all the focus be on him since Jackson isn't playing
Lloyd, Cleveland sucks
A.J. Green, playing Pit

As of right now I have Maclin and Smith in the line up. WWYD?

TCNorthstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:08 PM
timekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Either Fitz or Johnson, assuming that is Julio and not Jacoby Jones. Fitz doesn't have a QB again and is going against one of the best CB in the league.
Hope you didn't listen to me. Eagles suck.

timekeep is offline   Reply With Quote