HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The powerplay thread

Old
11-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Serious question. Cammalleri has a bomb of a shot and PP experience. Why is our top C at the point when Cammy had opportunity to be there?
I suppose there are several reasons why not. Cammalleri would be last or tied for last of those I would want to check a penalty killer who intercepted a pass. He is not a fantastic playmaker from the point. In addition, his shot from 60 feet out isn't a blast that overwhelms the goaltender.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Our PP is just way to predictable. Its always pass-pass-pass-pass until one of the point guy gets clear and take a shot.

Our 5 players NEVER move on the PP. They are all stationary, 4 guys on each corner and one guy in front of the goalie. Its kinda easy to counter that, especially when you know only the guys on the point will take shot on goal.

Also, we never do those cross-ice pass for a one-timer anymore. Markov needs to teach that to our point players.
Four in each corner?

Old
11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Of course! Spacek and Gorges are renowned for their devastating shots from the point as well as their split second ability to find the free forward with a seeing-eye pass.
Well Spaceman USED to be a threat on the PP. Now he's regressed a lot, so he's off the PP. Gorges is extremely underrated as both a passer and a shooter, but he's used too much already.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
Imagine if we had signed Souray in the off-season for 1.65m. Would have been perfect for our team.
I don't know how many times he would be burned by a forward coming down the RW but I'm fairly sure it would be more than once. On the other hand, I can't account for the success he's had with Dallas.

Old
11-13-2011, 07:30 PM
HCH

Who choose the personnel for the PP? Is it Martin or Cunneyworth?

The reason I ask is because whoever is setting up the PP should be choosing the players that best fit his system. Maybe that is already happening but if it isn't, it might be a good starting point.

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Lshap

The PP woes are part of the same general problem: This whole season has been one giant, big-assed reflection of our injury-plagued defense. Ridiculously young and inexperienced when Spacek went down, it was no surprise that for a few games we could barely score, had no chemistry on our transition, made Price look bad and had the worst PP in the league. No defense equals no passing, no clearing, no possession, no setups.

Also no surprise that thing began to improve when Spacek returned to add stability. There's a great reason people are building little Markov shrines in their basements; a healthy Markov, along with the experience of Campoli, will tighten up every facet of our game and align our steering on the PP.

Lshap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Kue
Interviewing for GM

Quote:
Of course! Spacek and Gorges are renowned for their devastating shots from the point as well as their split second ability to find the free forward with a seeing-eye pass.
Because Pleks is tearing it up back there? I love him, but he's being set up to fail back there. Gorges has 7 points, and Spacek looked good during the PP in Phoenix.

Kue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
24stanleycups*
24-6=18,goodluck lol

Andrei Markov = Good PP
No Andrei Markov = Bad PP

Nearly all of our problems will be solved when Markov comes back. We'll be a beast. And then we add a piece or two at the trade deadline and we're cup bound.

24stanleycups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
TheBourkeIdentity

Quote:
Four in each corner?
Well, there's a reason for all those too many men on the ice penalties

TheBourkeIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:52 PM
Kirk Muller

I dont necessarily know the solution but we all know what they are doing isnt working. The bigger question i am starting wonder is what it will take for them to actually make a change and try something different. Will it be when they are the worst PP, or will it be when they give up their 10th shorty of the year.

Really tho, can Gorges or Spacek do any worse? Can the PP get any worse by trying them as QB's and using Subban and Weber as the shots?

Last edited by Kirk Muller: 11-13-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:01 PM
bravehab

Send a message via MSN to bravehab
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24stanleycups View Post
Andrei Markov = Good PP
No Andrei Markov = Bad PP

Nearly all of our problems will be solved when Markov comes back. We'll be a beast. And then we add a piece or two at the trade deadline and we're cup bound.
oh I agree but when will that be

bravehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:09 PM
The Kremelin Wall*
the krEMELIN wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Well Spaceman USED to be a threat on the PP. Now he's regressed a lot, so he's off the PP. Gorges is extremely underrated as both a passer and a shooter, but he's used too much already.
Nothing about Gorges shot is underrated. It's soft and misses 95% of the team. He scores less goals than Gill per year. He's not paid to shoot and with good reason.

The Kremelin Wall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:04 PM
HCH

I wish the coaching staff would go out on a limb and try Emelin on the PP two or three times. It's not like he would make it less effective...

... but he would have to dress for a game first

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:16 PM
Toastman

Honestly I feel like they are just having bad luck. From what i have seen, they seem to move the puck around very well, but are just not finishing.

Toastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:40 PM
StopTheClock

has anyone ever seen Emelin take a shot? didn't he lead the KHL in goals by defenseman or something?

I can't wait until we get Marky back. or even Campoli

StopTheClock is offline   Reply With Quote