HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Detriot vs Nashville (Oct 30)

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2003, 08:36 PM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

vCash: 500
Detriot vs Nashville (Oct 30)

Hahahaha.

Did anybody see the highlights ? Wow, 210 PIM handed out, Yzerman got booted from the game!

Old
10-30-2003, 09:03 PM
UserName

Fisher and Hartnall fight wasn't that bad, the McCarthy fight was awesome!!!

Old
10-30-2003, 10:03 PM
I Hate You All*

Send a message via AIM to I Hate You All* Send a message via Yahoo to I Hate You All*
Chelios fought! haha
When I heard that I was so psyched to watch the highlights. But from what they showed he didn't do much at all. They just showed him and the other guy clutching and grabbing on Sportsnet.
He's one of my favorite players.

Old
10-30-2003, 10:25 PM
PigPen

It's McCarTY!!!!
Not McCartTHY!!!

Two different players. :p

Lidstrom was battling for the puck in the corners with a player on Nashville. He didn't have his arms wrapped around him or the hook put on. Nothing dirty. They were just pushing each other in the corner, and Lidstrom gets called for HOLDING. There was obviously no hold at all, so Yzerman says something to the ref, ref gives him a 2 and a 10.

Orzaugh rushes the puck up the left wing, chelios lines him up and is a tenth of a second away from the hit, lifts Orzaugh's stick, Orzaugh throws his head back and sprawls out on the ice. Chelios gets the high sticking. Orzaugh gets a Golden globe. (Though is not recognized by the academy or the oscars for his 2nd rate acting)

Orzaugh(sp?) got away with the most obvious dives.
Draper had a slight hook on his Orzaugh's left arm with one hand on his stick.
Vadim's knees buckle and he collapses to the ice dramatically in slow motion as if he'd been shot by somebody in the stands.
Yzerman got ANOTHER unsportsmanlike conduct.
Nashville scores on the 5-on-3, putting the score at 4-2 in Nashville's favor.
Yzerman gets out of the box and goes ******* at the officials' imcompetance. That's twice the refs didn't call the dives.
Yzerman gets a game misconduct and is ejected. He stays on the ice for a good 2 minutes letting the refs know just how he feels.

There were a ton of obvious non-calls as well. Walker elbowed Cujo in the back of the head in the first when Cujo went to play the puck behind the net and got away with it and so on.

The game just got uglier and uglier as each minute went by.
It's games like these that make me wish the instigator rule was used more often.

Closed Thread