HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#16|Nov. 13, 2011|Flyers at Panthers |5:00 p.m. ET

Old
11-13-2011, 08:18 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Couturier looked solid tonight.
He was real good, only thing is I wish he would not hold it so long skating out on the Pk, get it deep. Twice he held it too long, but great game by he and Talbot on th PK.

bennysflyers16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:19 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Was this game on csn? Was in Nyc with all the Ranger fans....want to catch it on demand. Sounds like a good game..

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 08:54 PM
TheLegendkiller

Anybody got a video of the Rinaldo hit?

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:15 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Was this game on csn? Was in Nyc with all the Ranger fans....want to catch it on demand. Sounds like a good game..
Not on CSN, was on TCN.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:16 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1412
Quotes by Talbot:

http://www.csnphilly.com/blog/flyers...472&feedID=695

Quote:
“I was not able to get an explanation [from the referees]. I was looking for my tooth,” Talbot said. “There was blood everywhere, so I couldn’t really talk. But I would have liked to hear what he had to say.”
Quote:
“I find funny that I not even clip a guy in the face in the third, and he bites his lip and I get four minutes,” Talbot said. “And then something like this happens and there’s four refs on the ice – I know they’re human and they don’t see everything, but there’s something not right.”

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Anybody got a video of the Rinaldo hit?
No, but it was just another Rinaldo penalty for a clean hit. He glided in, didn't stride or charge, and didn't jump either. Caught him right in the sternum with a shoulder. You couldn't draw a more perfect bodycheck if you were writing a manual.

Two minutes for hitting too hard.

Keep it up, Zac. Eventually they will start calling your hits fairly, and in the meantime, I'll take a penalty to destroy the opposition anytime...

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Flyersfan139

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
That's awesome! Something really needs to change with the "if theres blood its a double minor" rule. Guys should not be able to bite their lips and get the extra penalty.

Flyersfan139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 09:54 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Bryz was rock steady especially as the game went along. I thought Panthers deserved at least a point today, but your relentless pressure style PK and Bryz said " not today".

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Keep it up, Zac. Eventually they will start calling your hits fairly, and in the meantime, I'll take a penalty to destroy the opposition anytime...
No they won't. With more and more emphasis on player safety, it might be as "fair" as it's ever going to get. "Hopefully the referee isn't over-zealous calling penalties tonight" is more accurate.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:24 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Wonder what he'll be like as a ten year vet?
Datsyuk?

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:50 AM
jagrgodr

i don't see why the refs can't look up at the jumbo tron when someone is injured severely like that. That has always bothered me about pro sports, we the fans get to watch contstant replays and we generally know the truth, while the refs all missed this but they see a guy in the corner, losing mass amounts of blood and is looking for a tooth. The refs stop the game but they dont know why it happened?!?! I get that they missed it but just look up at the freakin jumbo tron to confirm what happened.. come on!

jagrgodr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:02 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
i don't see why the refs can't look up at the jumbo tron when someone is injured severely like that. That has always bothered me about pro sports, we the fans get to watch contstant replays and we generally know the truth, while the refs all missed this but they see a guy in the corner, losing mass amounts of blood and is looking for a tooth. The refs stop the game but they dont know why it happened?!?! I get that they missed it but just look up at the freakin jumbo tron to confirm what happened.. come on!
Because then you run into the problem of teams not replaying the away team's injuries

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnz0rs View Post
Because then you run into the problem of teams not replaying the away team's injuries
And goals, if you're the Penguins.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
No they won't. With more and more emphasis on player safety, it might be as "fair" as it's ever going to get. "Hopefully the referee isn't over-zealous calling penalties tonight" is more accurate.
The refereeing in general is horrendous. Why they don't let the teams play is a real question. I almost turned off the game yesterday after the third penalty in the first 8minutes.

A couple of the calls yesterday we laughable. Hartnell was 3 feet outside the crease being pushed backwards into Theodore.

As far as Rinaldo goes, he's still a rookie and they are keeping too close an eye on him, like they did Downie when he started.

He just needs to keep playing his game and making these clean hits and keeping his yap shut when they call him. Let the vets lobby for fairness and eventually the refs will get off his back. Certainly if they are dirty hits, they should be called, but a couple of his recent calls were for perfectly clean hits. Shoulder to chest or shoulder, didn't charge, didn't leave his feet, etc.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
No, but it was just another Rinaldo penalty for a clean hit. He glided in, didn't stride or charge, and didn't jump either. Caught him right in the sternum with a shoulder. You couldn't draw a more perfect bodycheck if you were writing a manual.

Two minutes for hitting too hard.

You might want to watch the hit again if you believe this. I watched the game, he clearly jumped, which is in the defenition of a charge. Your boy might get shoddy calls on him, but you can't jump when hitting a player. One of my personal pet peeves.

But all in all, this game was full of weak calls for both sides.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote