HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Predict the Jackets record at 12/31/11

Old
11-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Doug19

vCash: 50
I don't know what there record will be but I know they either need to play great or play like crap. For once in this pathetic franchises existence they need to do something good for the long term of the team. Losing big time and getting Yakupov does this, winning big and making the playoffs also does this. All I know is it is time for them to pick a side and stick with it, no more of this win win loss; win loss loss; win win win; loss loss loss ********, just either win win loss; win win loss; or loss loss loss!

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

vCash: 500
3-17-2 for 8 points over 22 games, based on the current roster.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:55 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
I don't know what there record will be but I know they either need to play great or play like crap. For once in this pathetic franchises existence they need to do something good for the long term of the team. Losing big time and getting Yakupov does this, winning big and making the playoffs also does this. All I know is it is time for them to pick a side and stick with it, no more of this win win loss; win loss loss; win win win; loss loss loss ********, just either win win loss; win win loss; or loss loss loss!
You ever play any sort of competitive sport? How can you think that players want to tank?
You think the players will lose because Fail for Nail is good for them? Cmon man, do people really believe that players want to lose so they get a 1st picjk in next years draft? You think they have no pride in themselves that they should lose every game?

I say they go 12-8-2

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:48 AM
Doug19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
You ever play any sort of competitive sport? How can you think that players want to tank?
You think the players will lose because Fail for Nail is good for them? Cmon man, do people really believe that players want to lose so they get a 1st picjk in next years draft? You think they have no pride in themselves that they should lose every game?

I say they go 12-8-2
That really wasn't the point. Obviously the players aren't going to lose on purpose, it's pretty sad that you actually thought that is what was being asked, I want them to either continue to suck or play themselves to the playoffs, none of the usual back and forth that nets us a 10-12 finish and a crappy draft pick.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:00 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I think you're looking at something like 9-11-2 which would take them to 27 points at the New Year.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:23 AM
Matt Foley
Blue Jackets

The barometer of suckiness for the post-lockout Jackets after 38 games is the 2005-06 club, which was 12-25-1 (which ended with a three-game win streak; yikes). If the Jackets have 25 points by that point, I'll be surprised, because I think they'll have less than that.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
That really wasn't the point. Obviously the players aren't going to lose on purpose, it's pretty sad that you actually thought that is what was being asked, I want them to either continue to suck or play themselves to the playoffs, none of the usual back and forth that nets us a 10-12 finish and a crappy draft pick.
Yep, this is a consistent problem, which is why Columbus is always similar to teams like Florida as opposed to Pittsburgh or Edmonton. It is amazing how a couple "truly horrible" seasons can benefit a franchise in the long run, as opposed to a bunch of "pretty bad" ones. Suffice to say, the Jackets have pretty much always had the latter I'm just kind of hoping at this point that--barring an intervention of the hockey gods, where the Jackets win 20 games in a row or something (which is what I'd really want)--they don't play much better than .500 the rest of the season, because after the atrocious start, one would think that this would still leave them dead last in the league.

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:59 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
3-17-2 for 8 points over 22 games, based on the current roster.
Can we really play that far beneath our capabilities for that much longer? I'm not so sure. The schedule doesn't look a daunting as it could.

Maybe 15-18 points over 22 games. We'll run into some teams slumping and, at some point, a goalie is going to get hot for us. While it's still a lot of leaks in the defense it wasn't as bad as previous games, then again the Jets aren't a good team either. Wasn't as bad doesn't mean in the same context in the Dispatch that seem to want to put forth the image that it was better than it was. It wasn't even a below average performance for an average NHL team. But it was an improvement for us.

Let's be realistic. It seems like we have some secondary scoring now, even if limited. We almost have a second line. Nash is on a pace for 20 goals and Carter will get his. At some point, over the next month +, we'll have two lines producing. We'll get some wins.

Last edited by blahblah: 11-14-2011 at 08:06 AM.
blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:16 AM
650X2

Having 15 points total at the start of the new year would be generous. This should all but lock down the FAIL4NAIL campaign.

650X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:13 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650X2 View Post
Having 15 points total at the start of the new year would be generous. This should all but lock down the FAIL4NAIL campaign.
And amazingly enough we are 3-5 in our last 8 games.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:33 AM
650X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
And amazingly enough we are 3-5 in our last 8 games.
Something to be proud of...

Old
11-14-2011, 09:38 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Something to be proud of...
Just pointing out your impressive math skills.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:30 PM
leesmith
"We're NEVER Done!"

With the same head coach and same #1 goalie, 5 wins.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Tkcjams
Prisoner of hope

We are on pace to win approximately 20 games if nothing changes. With a team salary of $58,997,000, each of the 20 wins will cost $2,949,850. If we can manage 30 wins the price per win drops to 1,966,566. That's more reasonable

Put me down for 5 over the next 22

Tkcjams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:41 PM
650X2

Quote:
Just pointing out your impressive math skills.
What does the last 8 have to do with the first 16 or next 22? Nothing..

I look at the schedule for the next 22 and I see maybe 3 or 4 wins. So again I think having 15 points at the end of the year is generous. I really don't see more than that with the current roster/coach.

In the next 22 games we play look at tell me which games you think we will win. Because I look at it and I see 3 games that are "winnable". Thats the 3 flames games. I have feeling we will beat the Habs but other than that. Those all should be losses. Some of them will be brutal.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:55 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Oh here we go.....

What you have are the CBJ suck glasses and nothing I say is going to get you closer to evaluating the schedule and this team honestly. Enjoy! Your 15 point is generous comment is very revealing. As far as I can tell, you idea of thought is looking at the schedule, marking everything down as win/can't win based on a simplistic model. As far as I can tell you've given very little thought to the where we are, how we got here, what the current state of our roster is, and what is going to happen with the players on the roster over the next 22 games.

I've stated my cases in my previous post(s). Your previous response gave me a pretty good idea what you are about.

Have fun in x2 land.

On a side note, the schedule for the rest of this month has plenty of possible points in it. I wouldn't be surprised if we are around your 15 point mark by the end of the month.

And for the record, I am one of the biggest critics for this team. This isn't me over selling or homerism.

Last edited by blahblah: 11-14-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old
11-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Nordique

I think we win 7 of our next 10, sounds crazy but I think alot of things are coming together right now for this team.

So that puts us at 10-16-1 on Dec 2nd.

With 13 games in December, I think go roughly 9-4 and are sitting on the cusp of .500 at 19-20-1 on 12/31 at the mid point of the season.

yes, I'm an optimist.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:44 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I look at the schedule for the next 22 and I see maybe 3 or 4 wins. So again I think having 15 points at the end of the year is generous. I really don't see more than that with the current roster/coach.

In the next 22 games we play look at tell me which games you think we will win. Because I look at it and I see 3 games that are "winnable". Thats the 3 flames games. I have feeling we will beat the Habs but other than that. Those all should be losses. Some of them will be brutal.
Did you think they would beat the Wings and Ducks? If it really were that easy to pick wins and loses, Vegas would be a desert, again.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:52 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
yes, I'm an optimist.
You have that much faith in a Mason/Sanford goal tending pair? That's a lot of faith for a team 0-7 on the road. I hope you are right.

Old
11-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I'm basing my opinion on the next 10 games on how this team does. If we go out and win all ten, were above .500. Of course, that is very unlikely. Could we come back and squeak into the olayoffs even if we dont? Maybe. Personally, unless this team just finds their potential like next game, I'll be rooting for Nail Yakupov.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

i really have no clue what I want the team to do...I know I said 6 wins, but I hate to see the losing....I want to see what we can do with a legit top overall pick not named nash....frustration has just taken over...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:36 PM
650X2

Quote:
Oh here we go.....

What you have are the CBJ suck glasses and nothing I say is going to get you closer to evaluating the schedule and this team honestly. Enjoy! Your 15 point is generous comment is very revealing. As far as I can tell, you idea of thought is looking at the schedule, marking everything down as win/can't win based on a simplistic model. As far as I can tell you've given very little thought to the where we are, how we got here, what the current state of our roster is, and what is going to happen with the players on the roster over the next 22 games.

I've stated my cases in my previous post(s). Your previous response gave me a pretty good idea what you are about.

Have fun in x2 land.

On a side note, the schedule for the rest of this month has plenty of possible points in it. I wouldn't be surprised if we are around your 15 point mark by the end of the month.

And for the record, I am one of the biggest critics for this team. This isn't me over selling or homerism.
6 wins in 36 games and you think by me saying they will only get 4 wins in the next 22 is not honestly evaluating the team?

I said "with current roster/coach". Mostly coach. Have you watched the post game press conference after the games even the wins SA looks lost.. He doesn't even know what to say anymore.

The work ethic on the team is pathetic. There is plenty of skill, most nights I can turn it on and in the first 5 minutes tell if they have a shot to win or not. My 15 points by the end of the year is much more realistic than the optimistic people in this thread.

If you look at the schedule the majority of these teams are 9th place or higher. The exceptions other than the flames/habs (who I said we had a shot at) are Boston and Vancouver. The defending champions and defending West champions. Oh and St. Louis who is now on playing well with our ex coach, who knows our system, coach and player tendencies probably better than most in our organizations.

And whatever with the x2 comment not even sure where you are going with that one.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
650X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Did you think they would beat the Wings and Ducks? If it really were that easy to pick wins and loses, Vegas would be a desert, again.
At the beginning of the season I thought we could beat anyone on any given night. I was wrong the team has no work ethic and are just going through the motions. (for the most part that is)

We got lucky with the Ducks and Wings. Detroit was playing awful for stretch and the Ducks arn't that good this year. My challenge us for Nail.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
jdhebner
HFBoards Sponsor

15-17-8

jdhebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:20 PM
EDM

Whatever happens before 12/31, there is one certainty. At some point, the Jackets will get "hot" (a relative term) and pick up 10-12 points in a short period and push themselves up to the 5th or 6th worst team. NO way do we get the number one pick. That would be very un-Jackets to succeed at something even if the something is failure.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote