HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA may be back (The MZA Thread)

Old
11-04-2011, 06:36 PM
JeffMangum
I'm v

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Gerbe's a grinder? Agree on the others.
He has traits of a grinder.

He's small, but he's built like a slab of steel. Unbelievably strong on his skates.

11-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Jim Ramsay

vCash: 500
Zucc deserves a look with anywhere above the 4th line

Jim Ramsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 06:48 PM
blixt

is he going to play tonight?

blixt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Very few teams have only grinders in their bottom-6.

Buffalo has Gerbe, Ennis.

Montreal has Desharnais, Eller, AK.

Boston has Peverley, Kelly.

Detroit has Cleary, Helm, Abdelkader.

Vancouver has Hodgson.
those three are all grinders. Clearly is on the high end of the talented grinders who can score scale but grinding would best describe these players' style/games.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:22 PM
mullichicken25

This team is finally showing consistency and after weeks of relentless *****ing and whining about line shuffling you guys want to competely blow up the lines?

I'm sure they're going to continue with Richards line as it was...boyle prust and feds as a checking line, and gaborik double shifting with the remaining skill players while a grinder gets sprinkled in from time to time

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 11-04-2011 at 07:45 PM.
mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:25 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blixt View Post
I guess you mean Zuccarello for tomorrow's game.

He hasn't even been recalled yet, so I don't understand this thread, it's nothing but confusing. It isn't news that Zucc may be back, since Wolski is out.
But Avery will play, thats confirmed, so Zucc may not be called up..

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blixt View Post
Yes,he is playeng for The Whale tonight. The game is tied 1-1 with 4.33 remaing of 1st.

fredrikstad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

5 minutes into the AHL game, 1-0 Whalers..assist on the goal, yeah you guessed it ...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 07:35 PM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Aah...Whale talk

Old
11-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcsalooc View Post
Deveaux will probably be scratched against Montreals speed
he did his job well the last two games but will soon turn into Newbury. Their is a reason those guys never stick in the NHL.

Add Zuke and simply put him in Wolski's spot with Stepan and Gaborik.............the lines were doing just find the way they were.

I rather see Anisimov bumped up but playing with Avery and EC may give them another line that can chip in with some goals

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:10 PM
AlwaysARanger
Schwing!

Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/NickPerri_SNYRB

NickPerri_SNYRBNickPerri
Appears Mats Zuccarello will not be recalled by the Rangers

MZA 1A today

AlwaysARanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2011, 10:27 PM
NickyFotiu

I really hope MZA gets a chance soon.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:10 AM
KenGuru

Well, since Christensen, Dubinsky, Stepan, Fedotenko and Anisimov are producing som many points it will be a long way back for Zucca. These 5 players have fantastic 15-16 points all together in 11 games. Fantastic. Worldclass

KenGuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2011, 10:17 AM
CaptainObvi0us
HFB Partner

I wouldn't mind seeing MZA over Christensen but certainly not over the rest of the players you named. He pretty much has to be in the top 6 and right now he ain't cracking the NYR Top 6.

He's a decent player but for some reason many are overvaluing MZA imo

I wouldn't mind seeing him traded for something now before he signs elsewhere this summer and NY gets nothing

CaptainObvi0us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:41 AM
Artemia

MZA going back to europe today. Guess he's chosen SEL again and he'll probably be the highest paid player in the league.

Artemia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post
MZA going back to europe today. Guess he's chosen SEL again and he'll probably be the highest paid player in the league.
As the Rangers still owns his rights for this season and another or two more, I guess they could trade these rights while he's still in Europe? Some other franchise might want to give him a try for a late draft pick?

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:22 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

what? link? that's extremely disappointing if true. i didn't think he'd be the type to give up so easily. if he plays a single game in the SEL, he has to pass through waivers to come back to the NHL. It's not like he is UFA after this season so he can't be trying to pump up his market value. what is he thinking? I was actually hoping they'd call him up and try playing him with Avery and Richards.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik 1st line
Avery-Richards-MZA 2nd line 1
Dubinsky-Boyle-Callahan 2nd line 2
Prust-EC-Fedotenko checking line

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:31 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
what? link? that's extremely disappointing if true. i didn't think he'd be the type to give up so easily. if he plays a single game in the SEL, he has to pass through waivers to come back to the NHL. It's not like he is UFA after this season so he can't be trying to pump up his market value. what is he thinking? I was actually hoping they'd call him up and try playing him with Avery and Richards.

Anisimov-Stepan-Gaborik 1st line
Avery-Richards-MZA 2nd line 1
Dubinsky-Boyle-Callahan 2nd line 2
Prust-EC-Fedotenko checking line
Still only rumours. But there is words in norwegien media today, that Mats will have another talk with his agent about the situation, and it seems pretty obvious that he does not want to stay in CT the rest of the year.
If he breaks his contract with Rangers, it basically will be the same as giving up his NHL career.....
If I have understood the rules right, he will owe the Rangers a full new year on Entry Level if he breaks his contract, and the Rangers will have full control of his rights and could (and WILL) block his possibilities for further NHL play ever.

Google translate (hilarious as always, and of course with a lot of errors due to lack of research from the journalists):
http://translate.google.no/translate...874549&act=url

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

This isn't confirmed. According to an article on a Norwegian site he MAY leave for Europe, but we already know that. I hate when they post this kind of stuff and can't back it up.

Btw...here's an article by Larry Brooks:

Rangers won't free Zuccarello

Old
11-14-2011, 03:52 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
This isn't confirmed. According to an article on a Norwegian site he MAY leave for Europe, but we already know that. I hate when they post this kind of stuff and can't back it up.

Btw...here's an article by Larry Brooks:

Rangers won't free Zuccarello
I also think the norwegians are getting tired of Zuccarellos agent, Erik Ryman, who seem to have a great affection of speaking to the media. He should shut up and discuss this with the Rangers´ organisation, not the norwegian tabloids!
It puts Mats in somewhat of a bad light. For all we know, Mats hasn´s said anything about leaving....

Old
11-14-2011, 05:55 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

It seems Zuccarello is putting pressure on his NA agents to get him out of the AHL

Zucca needs to chill. Relax. He signed a 2 year ELC and he is bound to the terms of the contract.

Quote:
There is no out-clause in Mats Zuccarello’s contract that would require the Rangers to allow the 24-year-old winger to leave for Europe if he is still a member of the AHL Whale by a certain date, the Norwegian’s representatives and general manager Glen Sather told The Post late last week.

And though Craig Oster, one of the winger’s agents at Newport Sports, told The Post the subject is likely to be raised with management within the next few weeks if Zuccarello remains in Hartford under his $67,500 AHL contract, Sather doesn’t seem to have much interest in obliging.

“Why would we agree to anything like that?” is how Sather phrased it in an email response to the Post’s inquiry whether the club would set the Hobbit free. “There’s no such agreement.”
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1dfxRjB8E

Oster said the Rangers verbally agreed to consider other options when Zuccarello signed his ELC if it didn't make sense to have Zucca playing in the AHL. It's not in writing. Which party determines it doesn't make sense for him to play in the AHL?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:15 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
It seems Zuccarello is putting pressure on his NA agents to get him out of the AHL

Zucca needs to chill. Relax. He signed a 2 year ELC and he is bound to the terms of the contract.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1dfxRjB8E

Oster said the Rangers verbally agreed to consider other options when Zuccarello signed his ELC if it didn't make sense to have Zucca playing in the AHL. It's not in writing. Which party determines it doesn't make sense for him to play in the AHL?
If there's nothing to the rumours, he should get a new agent. Probably he should get a new one even if it's true that Zucc's having second thoughts, one that rather talks him straight rather than stirring up speculation. This is his chance, finish the season and then decide. If I understand it right (above) there might not even be any decitions for him to be made?

Old
11-14-2011, 06:28 AM
fredrikstad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
If there's nothing to the rumours, he should get a new agent. Probably he should get a new one even if it's true that Zucc's having second thoughts, one that rather talks him straight rather than stirring up speculation. This is his chance, finish the season and then decide. If I understand it right (above) there might not even be any decitions for him to be made?
Yes I am tired of his agent talking in the media.
I really hope the rangers holding him back from europe. He has signed a legit contract.
He should first of all prove that he is to good for the AHL. He has not doing that by far.

fredrikstad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:48 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredrikstad View Post
Yes I am tired of his agent talking in the media.
I really hope the rangers holding him back from europe. He has signed a legit contract.
He should first of all prove that he is to good for the AHL. He has not doing that by far.
1,11 points/game is for me more than good enough. Cannot see how he can contribute any more to prove himself.

Torts has already stated the problem: There is no room for him in the top 6 (or even top 9), no matter how good he is.

The top 6 (Gaborik, Stepan, Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky and Richards) are all untouchable. Everybody knows that there has to be a major injury to at least one of the top 6´ers for Zuke to be recalled.

And this might not be enough either. There are a lot of other kids knocking on the NHL door. Hagelin and Mithcell are playing real well. Newbury is matching Zuke in points/game, and has already been up, all though he is more a 4th liner and not a direct opponent to Zuke for that place.

If Zuke had played for a team that was struggling more (Winnipeg, Carolina, Islanders, Columbus), I´m pretty sure he would have been in the top 6 for these teams. Personally I would love to see him in Ottowa with Spezza.

Rangers are playing fantastic at the moment, Gaborik has probably his best days ever. At the moment it seems impossible for Zucca to return.

Zuke and his agent should have a serious talk with Sather and perhaps Torts (NOT THE NORWEGIAN MEDIA!!! ) about the situation, and see if they see a future for him in Rangers. If not, I´m pretty sure the Rangers are honest and real people that either would give him a trade or let him become a UFA at the end of the season. Ijust cannot see how they would hold on to a player with his cap hit if they don´t have plans for him. The best thing for Zuccarello is to play well for the Whale, and trust the Rangers organization.

Last edited by TigerJack: 11-14-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old
11-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
BTW, can't seem to find any one sitations that this is a Zucc request. Ryman is representing him http://www.sportsconsultinggroup.eu/erik.htm (Edit: in Europe), and everytime Zucc has been confronted with the situation in the media, he has said that he's not happy with the situation but will fight on etc. So far, there have been no indication coming from Zucc that he is willing to go to Europe. The agent's babble, translated by the Norwegian "hockey press", (and again by Google) have no value. Sather's e-mail was a reponse to the media, not Zucc nor his agent. They are gonna have a talk today. That's all. It's so hard to get hockey in the media in Norway, and whenever it happens it's either this babble, some aging baboon bringing his hockey stick to the Christmas party hitting people with it or some other on- or off ice acts of violence. Which reminds me that Christmas is coming up. Hopefully Zucc is back up before that, but not likely.

Edit: I see the Oster NA agent claims its' likely to be raised within weeks, might indicate that he's getting restless. I wish they would rather talk him out of it.

Last edited by Ilovemymum: 11-14-2011 at 08:03 AM.