HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Addressing tonights debacle

Old
11-14-2011, 12:02 AM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Everyone is proposing that Kassian be brought up for his toughness...not his scoring. Frankly even the biggest kassian supporters barely project him in our top 9 as of now. That being said if we're running him out on a checking line for his grit...how is he not ready for that role?

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:11 AM
5 Minute Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
Everyone is proposing that Kassian be brought up for his toughness...not his scoring. Frankly even the biggest kassian supporters barely project him in our top 9 as of now. That being said if we're running him out on a checking line for his grit...how is he not ready for that role?
Just being honest and not bashing you but since when does it matter what the fanbase projects Kassian as?

Where did this same fanbase have Luke Adam projected three months ago?

Maybe Kassian could play on the 3rd line with the right set of linemates.

With that said, I'd prefer he be a bit more seasoned before he is brought up.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:16 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Kassian needs to work on his game as a whole he's still pretty raw. Bringing him up to play limited minutes on the 4th line is a bad idea and could stunt his development.

is the answer jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:20 AM
DJN21

again the consensus seems to be that they want him up VERSUS BOSTON not up for the year...I dont want him up full-time not when hes hit his stride, but if your asking me if Id sub Ellis and Grags for Kassian and Weber for the next Boston meeting...

well i'll let you answer that for yourself

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:24 AM
barnell
butter knife hockey

Quote:
This brings to min the question I've been wondering...anyone else think Cody's face simply wasnt ready to be hit lol? Seriously all "tough manly-ness" aside he is messed up right now
There is absolutely no way his face was ready to take a punch. He still had a pretty bad shiner, and who knows what the stitches situation was.

Cody was perhaps a bad example. He's just my go to example for toughness right now.

barnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Buffalo can't beat the Bruins at their own game.

They are bigger and stronger and if it comes to the physical side, they'll win every time.

You gotta outskate them and outworked them.
Rely on speed and good puckmovement.

Someone fighting Lucic (and likely getting beaten up) wouldn't have done anything for them.
They don't necessarily have to rely on fighting. A flying elbow to the head, a crosscheck to the face, or taking a guys knees out would have sent the right message. They have to willing to hurt people and take a suspension. Kaleta seems to be the only guy that understands that. Their skills are irrelevant if they're too intimidated and scared to use them.

Buffaloed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:44 AM
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
They don't necessarily have to rely on fighting. A flying elbow to the head, a crosscheck to the face, or taking a guys knees out would have sent the right message. They have to willing to hurt people and take a suspension. Kaleta seems to be the only guy that understands that. Their skills are irrelevant if they're too intimidated and scared to use them.
Given that the Sabres seem to want Kaleta to tune it down and stay in the line up, I'm guessing that Pat is less likely to do that than others, especially given his "repeat offender" status with the NHL.

I would have liked to have seen Kaleta run Thomas. But, I'm guessing that he gets 20 games if he does.

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Oh I agree, but that's opening a whole new can of worms.

IMO:

- no amount of toughness is a guarantee your players won't get run
(Savard, Bergeron as examples)

- going after people who did the damage most often leads to token fights that lead to nothing

- the only REAL way to perhaps make the offender feel sorry for what he did is to make a blatant cheap shot on his teammate/star player/goalie.

But again, a whole new can of worms there...

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:49 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

McCormick is getting paid pretty hefty for what he does, he needs to be the one to do it. Knowing that he has 3 years here and knowing that he did nothing disgusts me. Pretty sad because I actually liked his game so far this season.

Speaking of which. Where the hell was this guy?

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:19 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerFan1 View Post

Regehr, while a guy that'll make you pay the price during the actual game, has never been known as a much of a fighter.

He averages about 2-3 fights a year, and those aren't necessarily against know enforcers/heavyweights (in 2009-10, for example, he fought Backes and Stewart ... in 2010-11 he had only two fights).

Corto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:24 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Ice a Syracuse Bulldogs starting lineup! Bryan Marchment, Ulf Sammuelson, Darius Kasparitus, Darcy Tucker, and Tony Twist!!

(don't care that three of 'em are defense, put one on a wing! )

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:30 AM
flyingpig
Pay the Troll Toll

Quote:
McCormick is getting paid pretty hefty for what he does, he needs to be the one to do it. Knowing that he has 3 years here and knowing that he did nothing disgusts me. Pretty sad because I actually liked his game so far this season.

McCormick has stitches at his eye and probably cant drop the gloves without further problems.

flyingpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:55 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:

If anyone tries to get near Miller or Enroth in the future, I want to see this guy too.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote