HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA may be back (The MZA Thread)

Old
11-14-2011, 07:24 AM
Tony D63
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
MZA has to be patient if he wants to have a nhl career. If he wants to go back to Europe then go.

Tony D63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:47 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
If he's so miserable playing out his standard contract, then let him go back to play in Europe. Whatever.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:49 AM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
If he's so miserable playing out his standard contract, then let him go back to play in Europe. Whatever.
I share these sentiments.

I like Zucc, but he's no big loss given the depth this team has at forward, especially @ RW. Callahan, Gaborik, Thomas, Fasth...all players I'd keep and play over MZA.

I don't think he's planning on going to Europe, though. He seems to love being part of the Rangers.

Either way, it isn't a big deal.

11-14-2011, 08:17 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

As a Norwegian, I'd love nothing more than for him to be a success, but lately it seems his head and focus is elsewhere..

He's begun arguing with refs and the last 2 games has been lacklust by both him and the team..

He should shut his mouth, keep his head straight and produce points and plays..THEN he'll get some positive attention...

Right now I feel his biggest problem is his agent and the Norwegian media..It's been pretty quiet hockeywise in the Norwegian media the last 2 weeks, so of course are they gong to write this and start to cause controversy..

If he breaks his contract, he's done in nhl....A trade could do him good, but to which team...

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:45 AM
bmw2004

It's pretty much clear that he won't be recalled, unless someone is injured in the top six. I am sure Sather was looking at some trade options, but probably nobody gave any value for him straight up. I feel bad for him, he really deserves better.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:48 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

I like Zucc, but he's no big loss given the depth this team has at forward, especially @ RW. Callahan, Gaborik, Thomas, Fasth...all players I'd keep and play over MZA.

I don't think he's planning on going to Europe, though. He seems to love being part of the Rangers.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=10967

If he's in line before Zucc, at this point in time, there's not really much point in staying. I don't really see Thomas and Fasth being better equipped to fill a top six spot than Zucc at this point. A six game winning streak is not the best time to argue for the imprortance of Zucc, but things change.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:59 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

If someone offers you ten times better pay for the same job, would you accept? Won't be long before we see Zuccarello in Europe, Russia if he goes for the big cash.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:06 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post

If Gaborik or Callahan go down in practice today with an injury, Thomas and Fasth aren't going to come to the rescue. If MZA leaves and Gaborik goes down, our RW depth goes from "decent" to "lousy" pretty quickly.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:07 AM
94now

Rangers cannot afford to let him go to Europe. He is a depth top 6 forward that could be spending his time in the press box, but given a chance to see the the ice in different league. There is no replacement for MZA at the moment for this depth F role. He has to accept that role. I am sure he would should he have signed a one way contract. I think 67K of pay is killing him. But he signed what he signed and now has to suck it up.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
If someone offers you ten times better pay for the same job, would you accept? Won't be long before we see Zuccarello in Europe, Russia if he goes for the big cash.
He's not in it for the money. Not yet, anyway.

Old
11-14-2011, 09:16 AM
KRM

fwiw, there are rumours here in Gothenburg that Zucca and FrŲlunda are in deep contract discussions.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:22 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
If Gaborik or Callahan go down in practice today with an injury, Thomas and Fasth aren't going to come to the rescue. If MZA leaves and Gaborik goes down, our RW depth goes from "decent" to "lousy" pretty quickly.
If we lose Gabs to injury, I still don't think MZA will (or even should) be the callup. I figure Mitchell, Hagelin or even Newbury would be next in line. Fedotenko, Avery or Christensen could play top minutes for e few weeks.

I'm not sure MZA really has any value to the Rangers anymore, not even as a spare. That being said, they shouldn't let him go to Europe. Keep him in the A and qualify him to retain his right. Or trade him if they can get anything.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Wolfy*
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Rangers cannot afford to let him go to Europe. He is a depth top 6 forward that could be spending his time in the press box, but given a chance to see the the ice in different league. There is no replacement for MZA at the moment for this depth F role. He has to accept that role. I am sure he would should he have signed a one way contract. I think 67K of pay is killing him. But he signed what he signed and now has to suck it up.
Look, he can trash the contract and jump on the next plane home if he wants to, he's not in some kind of Rangers prison. Yes he could ruin a possible NHL career, but if he's fed up he says goodbye New York.

I'm pretty sure this wasn't the deal in the first place, I feel sorry for the kid because the Rangers fooled him. Zuccarello did a huge mistake signing with the Rangers without taking a closer look at their roster. If he'd signed with a no star team like Columbus (sorry Nash) or Winnipeg he'd see regular 1st or 2nd line minutes already.

Wolfy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:26 AM
NYR Viper

Why don't the Rangers just trade him? I mean there HAS to be a team out there who is struggling and willing to give a talented undersized forward a chance right? Maybe a 3rd round pick coming back?

He doesn't seem to be in their long-range plans so why hold onto him?

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zucca can talk with every team in Europe but the Rangers won't loan him to another team. The IIHF won't allow him to play in Europe without the Rangers permission. NHL and IIHF respect each others contracts. The NHL and KHL have a similar understanding regarding players already under contract. The Rangers could call up Zuccarello at some point this season. Injuries. Bad play. The Rangers could also include Zuccarello in a deal at some point this season. Its November 14. The trade deadline is 40 days from the last day of the regular season. Shut up and just play. Zuccarello is an asset. He will either play for the Rangers/Whale or another NHL organization if the Rangers trade him. At the end of this season,Zuccarello can talk to teams in Europe and sign a contract after this season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:30 AM
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Why don't the Rangers just trade him? I mean there HAS to be a team out there who is struggling and willing to give a talented undersized forward a chance right? Maybe a 3rd round pick coming back?
Sounds like overpaying atm. I'm sure they've tried shopping him around, getting no decent offers.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:42 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikElite View Post
Sounds like overpaying atm. I'm sure they've tried shopping him around, getting no decent offers.
The odds of getting a player of MZA's caliber in the 3rd round are not very good. He can play right away in the NHL. I don't think a 3rd rounder is asking too much.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
HockeyBurd*

Just like Avery earned more ice time and a look on the Richards line, so will anybody else that deserves to. Those 5-7 minutes per game that MZA would get, add up. And if he can't do or show anything, it says plenty. So I don't see why he can't get a call up even if there isn't a top 6 spot guaranteed. He is so freaking skilled and full of talent that he is a sure fire top 6, but just not skilled or talented enough to show anything at all game after game after game on the bottom two lines? Good lord.

Last edited by HockeyBurd*: 11-14-2011 at 09:54 AM.
HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
JimmyStart*

The way the team is constituted and the way Zuke is it's hard to say where we can squeeze em. AA is doing too well with the top line you have no reason to move him anywhere plus that line would probably be too weak and severely impacted defensively. The 2nd line would probably be the best with Dubs moved down to the third. Feds - Dubs - Prust?

Now this is if you want to give Zuke the best possible chance of playing for us.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:54 AM
anofsti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikElite View Post
I think the rangers are perfectly fine keeping him around as a depth forward. Maybe this is an attempt at "forcing" Sathers hand, so he'll try trading him instead?

I do belive that alot of Zuccas malcontent is from not getting a fair shot before getting sent down to the Whale. If he'd been tried a few matches with the top lines before he got sent down, I think he would have the same positiv attitude as last year, because then he knew he wasn't good enough, and now he feels that he is, but he still got bypass by Andre Devaux, when WW, who's is a smiliar player, got injured.

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

I need to blow off some steam right now.

Erik Ryman and the clueless Norwegian media needs to shut their mouths. This is ridiculous.
Ryman is a fool and he is running his mouth every time things aren't going Zucc's way.
People, Rymans best interest is for Zucc to play in Europe. Ryman doesn't get paid as long as Zucc is in the NHL and there is a huge and very very lucurative market for him in Europe witch would be very very good for Ryman's wallet.

I don't belive any of this crap before I hear it coming directly out of Zucc's mouth. Im sick and tired of reading what this idiot has to say and im sick of reading about it in the media over here who don't have a damn clue about anything hockey, let alone the NHL. If I was Zucc, I would tell Ryman to shut the hell up and let his NA agents deal with the situation.

At the end of the day, if Zucc pulls a HolÝs (av's) and bolts back to Europe with his tail between his legs, I will be greatly disapointed and Zucc can forget about every making it in the NHL in the future.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
I need to blow off some steam right now.

Erik Ryman and the clueless Norwegian media needs to shut their mouths. This is ridiculous.
Ryman is a fool and he is running his mouth every time things aren't going Zucc's way.
People, Rymans best interest is for Zucc to play in Europe. Ryman doesn't get paid as long as Zucc is in the NHL and there is a huge and very very lucurative market for him in Europe witch would be very very good for Ryman's wallet.

I don't belive any of this crap before I hear it coming directly out of Zucc's mouth. Im sick and tired of reading what this idiot has to say and im sick of reading about it in the media over here who don't have a damn clue about anything hockey, let alone the NHL. If I was Zucc, I would tell Ryman to shut the hell up and let his NA agents deal with the situation.

At the end of the day, if Zucc pulls a HolÝs (av's) and bolts back to Europe with his tail between his legs, I will be greatly disapointed and Zucc can forget about every making it in the NHL in the future.
Agreed. Apart that it seems that his NA agents are running their mouth a bit too, which worries me. He should get his act together, forget about Europe untill the summer, and tell his agents everywhere that he wants to become a Ranger. Period.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:16 AM
Gatorade*

This is a bunch of nonsense. Some guy from Norway is making a story out of nothing. Zucc isn't good enough to make the NHL straight up. He is an option if there are injuries and can play a role in a special team situation but not as a regular forward.

So what makes him different from dozens of other guys currently in the AHL? Oh, right, he is Norwegian and has some writer making noise about him.

Gatorade* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:21 AM
NickyFotiu

All Zooks has ever said is he wants to play for the Rangers and he wants to play in the NHL not Europe (if he is not in the Rangers plans)

I wouldnt want a guy who was satisfied playing in the AHL.

The rest of this is just media/agent and fan driven nonsense.

Zooks has never demanded a trade.

Zooks has never asked to be let out of his contract.

Zooks has never said he wants to go back to Europe.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Brasero

The crux of the matter is this.

MZA knows he is good enough to play in the NHL. He is a very good talented young player who is capable of more advanced hockey then pretty much anyone in the Rangers atm. If he goes to KHL for a season, or anywhere else, he will probably be brought back to NHL by another side who actually plays hockey, not rugby on ice as Tort seem to like.

Now people may dislike it, but it's true. There's no reason whatsoever why MZA should stay in AHL for a long period of time.

Brasero is offline   Reply With Quote