HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, College, International, Other) *Part 3*

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
I'm not trying to put down Kreider. I can't even watch the game. But when I watch Cally closely, I notice that he manages to make himself noticeable on his own.

For a guy with the skill and ability that Kreider has, at this level he should be able to do that every game....at least in parts.

In other words don't blame his line mates. Kreider's having a bad game, NBD.

Old
11-13-2011, 05:57 PM
msv957

Sheesh.... Lots of scrutiny and analyzing Kreider during a regular season college game

Once Kreider makes the NHL, if he farts the wrong way some on HF might start a thread

Talk about putting too much pressure on Kreider.

It is obvious he looks to be a legit NHL player. Great draft pick

Old
11-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

Miller had just a single assist in a 7-1 win tonight.

Old
11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

plymouth is certainly rolling right now.

Old
11-13-2011, 07:01 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Jesus christ, how many goals has Plymouth scored in the last 4 games, 25?

Old
11-13-2011, 07:08 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Stats in the first post are updated through this weekend's games.

It's just pain.
Old
11-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH2 View Post
Guys, let's be honest, BC is struggling this game. Hayes and Arnold are both very good college hockey players, and they give Kreider tons of opportunities most games. One game does not make a player.
Arnold is good. Hayes; not so much. He has zize and can dangle some but he turns it over way too often and doesn't appear to see the game very well. This is not based just in today's game.

Old
11-13-2011, 07:14 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Arnold is good. Hayes; not so much. He has zize and can dangle some but he turns it over way too often and doesn't appear to see the game very well. This is not based just in today's game.
Arnold is a sophomore getting top minutes on BC. Did BC lose a lot of players from last year?

Old
11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Levitate

Pretty bad game by everyone on BC. Still shocked at how outright BAD Doumolin looked. I'll take it on faith that he's a good player but he couldn't hold onto the puck at all in any zone tonight and basically turned it over every single time he tried to make a pass. He was terrible.

Kreider was "meh". He had some good shifts, you can see how effective he can be on the forecheck because he can get to loose pucks so quickly at times, he's big, makes pretty smart and safe plays with the puck, but didn't really create chances for himself and relies on his linemates to help get him the puck, which kinda shuts him down if his linemates struggle.

Would like to see him more proactive with the puck but I think that's just the kind of player he is...with good linemates he'll be the guy getting open for shots, and he'll be retrieving the puck and moving it back to his linemates

Old
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

BC could not make a tape to tape pass in this game! Just awful passing by BC....

Old
11-13-2011, 07:45 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1983 View Post
Miller had just a single assist in a 7-1 win tonight.
slacker....

Old
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
MorrisWanchuk

bit of trivia - look at the birth months of our prospects (in post #1). they are nearly all born JAN-APR. This is exactly what Malcolm Gladwell pointed out in his book "Outliers". It's so weird how many hockey players are born in those 4 months.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Kreider had a poor game...it happens. move along.

Old
11-14-2011, 01:42 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Kreider had a poor game...it happens. move along.

I hope this ends talk of him being a first liner beginning next season, a first liner who makes Parise unnecessary, no less. This is a young kid who can't buy a beer or go to a night club. If he can be a quality third liner who scores a dozen goals and doesn't make too many mistakes, that's a successful rookie season.

Old
11-14-2011, 02:42 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I hope this ends talk of him being a first liner beginning next season, a first liner who makes Parise unnecessary, no less. This is a young kid who can't buy a beer or go to a night club. If he can be a quality third liner who scores a dozen goals and doesn't make too many mistakes, that's a successful rookie season.
There's a difference between being a bonafide "first line player" and fitting in and being successful on a first line. Do I really need to list all the first lines in the NHL right now that have a second or third line grinder having great chemistry and success with two other legit first liners? Deja vu.

Kreider OOZES natural gifted abilities. Mainly, his speed and size. That gives him an advantage and makes it likely that he can be the type of player who would flourish instantly with an elite puck distributor like Richards or Stepan.

Old
11-14-2011, 06:50 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Hope what ends this talk? That one of the only games of the year some of you watch, he didn't dominate?

Do I need to compile a list of rookies that got fist line duties for the Rangers post-lockout?

Do I need to mention who the coach is, and how lines change constantly?

Its equally as foolish believing he wont get top six minutes next year as a rookie. Its inevitable.

Weather or not Kreider makes Parise unnecessary, is irrelevant, we can't afford Parise, and what makes anyone believe he's leaving Jersey or would chose the Rangers if he did, to begin with?

Old
11-14-2011, 08:40 AM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Hope what ends this talk? That one of the only games of the year some of you watch, he didn't dominate?

Do I need to compile a list of rookies that got fist line duties for the Rangers post-lockout?

Do I need to mention who the coach is, and how lines change constantly?

Its equally as foolish believing he wont get top six minutes next year as a rookie. Its inevitable.

Weather or not Kreider makes Parise unnecessary, is irrelevant, we can't afford Parise, and what makes anyone believe he's leaving Jersey or would chose the Rangers if he did, to begin with?

I'll take because we're a better team for 400 Alex...

Old
11-14-2011, 08:43 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zach Parise? The cap is coming down. Brooks quoted a unnamed NHL team official that the players will get 48-50 percent and another rollback. The NHL could adjust how the cap is calculated. They add $8M to the midpoint plus the 5% to get the upper limit. $16M range. The NHL could propose narrowing the range and make the floor a % of the upper limit instead of $16M less than the upper limit. Even with the $125M more from NBC and the $50M for Winnipeg ticket sales,the cap is coming down. Average ticket price in Winnipwg is $82. 15,000 seats. 41 games. $50M. Revenue was $3B last seasson. 57% of that goes to the players. Subtract for benefits.

Last edited by RangerBoy: 11-14-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old
11-14-2011, 09:08 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I'll take because we're a better team for 400 Alex...
And that makes us unique, how? 70% of the league is better then the Devils.

As Rangerboy keeps pointing out, its not going to be possible to fit Parise under the cap that will be coming down.

Which is unfortunate, because he is one of my favorite players in the league. Its just not possible.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

I don't understand how the cap coming down prevents us from signing Parise. If the cap goes down, salaries get rolled back, so from a ratio standpoint, we'll have the same amount of cap space as we do with the 64 mil cap, because Parise will get a smaller contract ($ wise) than he would with a larger cap. So if the cap goes down, Parise isn't getting 7.5 mil. 7.5 mil with the cap going down is equal to like 5 mil, for example. That's my point, its a ratio

Old
11-14-2011, 10:15 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HagelinForPresident View Post
I don't understand how the cap coming down prevents us from signing Parise. If the cap goes down, salaries get rolled back, so from a ratio standpoint, we'll have the same amount of cap space as we do with the 64 mil cap, because Parise will get a smaller contract ($ wise) than he would with a larger cap. So if the cap goes down, Parise isn't getting 7.5 mil. 7.5 mil with the cap going down is equal to like 5 mil, for example. That's my point, its a ratio
He may still be looking for 7.5 million though. Just because the cap goes down doesn't mean his salary demands have to. There will be teams with cap space.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Zach Parise? The cap is coming down. Brooks quoted a unnamed NHL team official that the players will get 48-50 percent and another rollback. The NHL could adjust how the cap is calculated. They add $8M to the midpoint plus the 5% to get the upper limit. $16M range. The NHL could propose narrowing the range and make the floor a % of the upper limit instead of $16M less than the upper limit. Even with the $125M more from NBC and the $50M for Winnipeg ticket sales,the cap is coming down. Average ticket price in Winnipwg is $82. 15,000 seats. 41 games. $50M. Revenue was $3B last seasson. 57% of that goes to the players. Subtract for benefits.
A rollback???!

I told you so RB. Several times, but you have still kept claiming that it didn't make sense to give people long contracts since the cap would come down (without ever explaining your reasoning or arguments for why you did not think there would be a roll-back if the cap was reduced substansially). I think thats odd.

Now -- o'boy -- another roll-back will make some of the long term deals out there very very very attractive. Imagine if the roll-back is 15%. Someone like Datsyuk's contract will come down from 6.7m to 5.7m...

Kovalchuk's cap hit would come down to 5.7m too. Sure, he might not be carrying that team -- but for like 3m per you get a Wojtek Wolski. For 5.7m he is worth is for any team. Like a 15% discount on Richards contract would certainly help us too!

Old
11-14-2011, 10:39 AM
DrSutton*
Given Up

I'm not advocating going after a parise type free agent. And I'm not arguing whether or not the cap is going to come down. What I find odd is people putting that giant cap hit to parise. This is the last summer before the CBA is up. What is to stop a team from handed him, Suter, Ect a Brad Richards type deal? Any team that signs those types of players are going to be around the upper limit anyways, and these guys will more than likely be looking to cash in long term. Seems like an innevitable that these guys will sign those kinds of contracts, with signing bonuses and extra years.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:42 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Salaries don't get rolled back if the cap goes down? No correlation between a player contract and the cap. The 09-10 cap increased by $100k instead of decreasing because of the 5% bump exercised by the PA. If the cap went from $56.7M to $55M,salaries wouldn't have been automatically lowered. The PA would have to agree to another rollback in salaries. The NHLPA won't have much leverage in refusing to take less of a % when the NBA players are going to get
50% but another rollback is a joke. The NHL is a healthy league. Revenue has increased from $2.1B to nearly $3B. It will increase again. The max salary is 20% of the cap. It doesn't matter if the cap was $39M or $$64.3M,its still 20%. Parise is going to sign his next contract under this system. The CBA doesn't expire until 9/15/12. Parise will be signed by the Devils or another team by 7/1. Why would he take less? He didn't hire Newport Sports to take less.

The NHL has increased too much. Look at the NHL and NBA increases in the cap since 200f-07. Steady increase for the NBA and huge jumps for the NHL. The NBA has $1.3B more revenue than the NHL.

The Rangers should be concerned with re-signing their own players instead of adding another toy for the tree.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:43 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
This is a prospects thread folks, not a cap/UFA philosophy/Parise thread. Please stay on topic.

Closed Thread