HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
09-26-2011, 01:21 AM
Adz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Thanks.

My next question is at what time do they open the lots for "event" parking, or are they open all day?
Many of them open 2 hours before the game. Some are open before that, though.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Thanks for the help all. Much appreciated.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:01 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
Former Thrasher fan in Atlanta. I'll be making 6 our 7 trips up this season and was wondering about a nice, inexpensive motel with walking distance or at least an inexpensive cab ride to the Bridge.
Use this combination.....

Priceline or Hotwire in conjunction with BetterBidding.com

this is what I use when I play out of town to get my per diem low enough so promoters don't balk at my fees. I'm a bit of a hotel snob. I usually won't stay at anything less than a Best Western Plus, but I prefer the higher end hotels.

One thing that scares people away from Priceline or Hotwire is generally not knowing what hotel you're getting. BetterBidding fixes that problem. It's a forum where people bid on hotel rooms and then post how they got their room. I've been using it for several years, and am staying at places liek Hampton Inn, Doubletree, Sheraton, etc.

The trick with Priceline is knowing HOW to bid. Generally start at half the median price. if it rejects, you can either add zones, change star level, or wait 24 hours and try again, raising your bid $5.

Here's how Nashville breaks down.
PRICELINE
Downtown-Vanderbilt-Metroventer: All classes are available, as to be expected. 4 Star Deluxe is listed as the best deal with a median price of $182. Bid $100, and you probably get a room. 2.5 Star is probably in your price range. It's median is $114. You could probably bid $60-$65 and get something. To be honest though, if you bid $70 on a 3 star hotel, you get a MUCH nicer hotel for not much more money. On the 3 star downtown Nashville, you probably get something liek the Hilton Garden Inn Vanderbilt, Holiday Inn Express Downtown, indigo West Vanderbilt, Doubletree Downtown, Indigo Downtown, etc. Normally I don't have a problem with comfort Inns, but the Comfort Inn downtown has exterior entrances, which I'm not a fan of.

the pricing structure pretty much breaks down like that across the board for BNA. Hope that helps!

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:02 AM
KevFist
is best pony

I forgot to add...the Comfort inn would be a 2.5 star. same for the Ramada, which I'm not a fan of either.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:09 AM
PredsChik

Not within walking distance and I have no idea how much a cab would cost (tons of help, I am) but the Hotel Preston is a very nice hotel that is pretty inexpensive compared to the hotels I would compare it to. It's near the airport and is MAYBE a 10 minute drive from the arena. (maybe being probably less)

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:40 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Not within walking distance and I have no idea how much a cab would cost (tons of help, I am) but the Hotel Preston is a very nice hotel that is pretty inexpensive compared to the hotels I would compare it to. It's near the airport and is MAYBE a 10 minute drive from the arena. (maybe being probably less)
A lot of times a concierge can get you downtown for less than taxi fees, too. Of course, it depends on the hotel and how well the concierge likes you, but my sister and my sister's sisters in law (yeah, I know) and I all stayed at Hilton Garden Inn in Donelson one time. I knew the concierge at the time and she was able to rig up all sorts of stuff for us, including a limousine ride downtown to eat dinner. (That's THE way to go when you have 7 women, by the way.) She would have done it for anyone, but I wouldn't have known to ask for all the stuff she could set up.

And really, the worse that could happen is the hotel says no, but we'll call you a cab. Right?

Old
09-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

hotel preston would be ~20 dollar cab ride.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 02:00 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
So I'm coming to Nashville next Saturday for the Devs game and need some advice. What are some good places to eat at before the game?

Also, what bars would be the best to go to after?

Thanks for any advice..

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
So I'm coming to Nashville next Saturday for the Devs game and need some advice. What are some good places to eat at before the game?

Also, what bars would be the best to go to after?

Thanks for any advice..
Even if no one on this site gave you any advice you'd be perfectly fine once you got to the arena. There is literally tons of stuff within eye-shot of the arena, bars, food, music, you name it.

Tons more, those are just some of my favorite places to go.

Old
10-09-2011, 10:35 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Even if no one on this site gave you any advice you'd be perfectly fine once you got to the arena. There is literally tons of stuff within eye-shot of the arena, bars, food, music, you name it.

Tons more, those are just some of my favorite places to go.
Awesome! I seriously can't wait for the game. I've always wanted to get to Nashville....Seeing a Devs game there is just a bonus.

So, I want to get the whole music bar experience after the game. In your opinion, what would be the best place to go to?

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2011, 11:16 PM
Nitrous Mafia

I would say start at Tootsie's and, if you get bored, work your way down that side of the street towards the river. There are several in that block and I haven't even been into every one of them.

Old
10-13-2011, 08:47 AM
cj225
Work in Progress...

Send a message via AIM to cj225
Hey guys - a group of Devils fans are heading down for the game on Saturday. Already have our tickets, but I know I'm personally looking for a good BBQ to have lunch/dinner.

We're starting our drive down tonight after our game (about 3 hours) and then picking back up tomorrow morning and driving another 11 or so. Going to the Grand Old Opry tomorrow evening.

So yeah, good BBQ recommendations please!

*Edit - Just saw BrodeursCups post...he's going with us!

cj225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 10:17 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Hey guys - a group of Devils fans are heading down for the game on Saturday. Already have our tickets, but I know I'm personally looking for a good BBQ to have lunch/dinner.

We're starting our drive down tonight after our game (about 3 hours) and then picking back up tomorrow morning and driving another 11 or so. Going to the Grand Old Opry tomorrow evening.

BBQ places downtown (these aren't the best BBQ places in town, but they are the best if you are staying downtown and want to go before the game, etc):
  • Jack's BBQ (which is listed on that map a couple of posts above)
  • Puckett's Grocery (it isn't a grocery, it is setup like one but it is actually a BBQ place) at the corner of 5th and Church
  • Rooster's Texas Style BBQ (12th & Porter)

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-13-2011, 11:26 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post

I know it was already mentioned, but Puckett's Puckett's Puckett's. They're extremely quick, so no worries about rushing to eat your food, and it is absolutely fantastic.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Dahawks

Wow this thread has been amazingly helpful! I am now wokring on a trip to come here as a Christmas/b-day present for my GF. I was hoping someone would be able to let me know more about the sections that include food/drinks. Based on the past couple of pages I got that 313-322 has all you can eat and the lower level all inclusive section covers everything, but is there anything else? I have never sat in a section that covered this stuff so I thought it would be fun and wanted to know before shopping around for tickets.

Thanks!

Dahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2011, 09:57 PM
Adz

The only other places are the suites. There's plenty of different types of food in the arena where it's cash and carry instead of all inclusive, though. You might be interested in checking this out: http://www.bridgestonearena.com/levy.php It's a restaurant located in the arena. It's very nice and probably something your girlfriend (and you) would enjoy. A little pricey, but the food is quite good.

Old
10-25-2011, 02:10 PM
Otto

What are the smoking laws in Nashville?

Also, are there Veterans Day Ceremonies on November 11th?

Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:01 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
What are the smoking laws in Nashville?

Also, are there Veterans Day Ceremonies on November 11th?
No indoor smoking unless it's a venue designated 21 and up. So you're good to go in most bars.

Not sure about Veterans Day.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Otto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohniusMaximus View Post
No indoor smoking unless it's a venue designated 21 and up. So you're good to go in most bars.

Not sure about Veterans Day.
Actually, we're both non-smokers but my wife is very sensitive to it. So no smoking in restaurants or hotels at all?

Old
10-25-2011, 03:29 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
Actually, we're both non-smokers but my wife is very sensitive to it. So no smoking in restaurants or hotels at all?
Ah. You'll be fine for no smoking in restaurants as long as they're not designated 21 and up. No smoking in hotels at all.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 06:11 PM
ILikeItVeryMuch*

Hey guys, I am doing my yearly hockey road trip with my friends and we decided on Nashville this season, we got our tickets for January 21 (Hawks VS Preds). Any suggestions/recommendations when it comes to hotels? bars? It's a 14 hour ride from Jersey but we plan to drive straight through and get a hotel in Downtown Nashville, preferably close to the arena.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ILikeItVeryMuch*: 10-31-2011 at 07:21 PM.
ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
doug5984

Send a message via AIM to doug5984
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I'll be heading to Nashville Dec 9th - 12th for the Ducks - Preds game (my first ever NHL game) then to watch the Saints - Titans the next day.

I'd like to stay downtown close to both the arena and the football stadium. It looks like there is a walk bridge across the river to the stadium? Any advice on the hotels, I am on a budget so I don't want to spend to much- but I'd rather be close to everything than have to walk a long ways to get to the good bars / restaurants.

Any advice on where to sit at both places?

Also- how is the weather normally that time of year? I'm not a fan of cold weather
I wanted to bump my old post, I'd like to come to Nashville for both games still, but here is the kicker- I can't miss work on Monday. So I need some help from the locals. The Saints game is at noon, should end 3...3:30 like most football games. The latest flights out of Nashville that day (at a good price) are 5, and 5:15. Could I make it from the stadium, to the airport in an hour? I figure need to be at the airport an hour prior, so that'd put me there at 4:15... Is that do-able? How hard would it be to catch a cab, or whatever to get there? I can get a later flight, but the price goes up $200+ per ticket

doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 06:07 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug5984 View Post
I wanted to bump my old post, I'd like to come to Nashville for both games still, but here is the kicker- I can't miss work on Monday. So I need some help from the locals. The Saints game is at noon, should end 3...3:30 like most football games. The latest flights out of Nashville that day (at a good price) are 5, and 5:15. Could I make it from the stadium, to the airport in an hour? I figure need to be at the airport an hour prior, so that'd put me there at 4:15... Is that do-able? How hard would it be to catch a cab, or whatever to get there? I can get a later flight, but the price goes up $200+ per ticket
On a normal day you could easily do it. I'm not sure what the cab situation is like on a gameday down there, but I think it's doable.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:25 AM
Otto

For anyone spending a few days in Nashville, my wfe and I highly reccommend the Nash Trash tour. But you need to book your reservation very early as they sell out quick!

Old
11-14-2011, 10:29 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeItVeryMuch View Post
Hey guys, I am doing my yearly hockey road trip with my friends and we decided on Nashville this season, we got our tickets for January 21 (Hawks VS Preds). Any suggestions/recommendations when it comes to hotels? bars? It's a 14 hour ride from Jersey but we plan to drive straight through and get a hotel in Downtown Nashville, preferably close to the arena.

Thanks in advance.
Here's the hotels near the arena:

http://g.co/maps/u8x8m

The Hampton Inn on 4th Ave would definitely be the cheapest and the walk would be about 4-5 blocks. I will say that the neighborhood is more industrial as you go that direction so it will be a bit deserted, but you're close enough downtown that I wouldn't be concerned about walking it. Nashville is overall a very safe city - I just want to be honest about the location.

The Holiday Inn Express is also a good option. The neighborhood is better that direction, though it's a slightly longer walk. Still not bad though. The Homewood Suites would also be a suitable choice. The walk would be a bit of a hike, but the neighborhood is fine.

Obviously the Renaissance hotel or the Hilton directly across the street from the arena are great options and much nicer hotels if you can stomach the higher price.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote