HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2011-2012 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2011, 04:56 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
I would love to see the Habs take a good look at Matthew Bissonette for the Acadie-Bathurst Titans. He's a big strong, 6'-4 200lbs centerman who can score goals(3rd in the Q right now) and was undrafted because he was hurt(Wrist) in his draft year while bouncing around with a few teams. He was said to have an attitude earlier, lazy work ethic in his Junior career but has to be hungry now that he was not drafted by anyone. Bissonette has scored 16 goals along with 20 assists and a plus three rating in 23 games with the 15th place team out of 17 in the QJMHL.
I had the same thoughts while watching him play the games against Russia and I'm sure those thoughts are mirrored by the scouts watching.Being a Quebec born player the drive to succeed in the Hab organization would magnify with the chances of success,IMO.

Old
11-13-2011, 05:13 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fregus View Post
I believe it's time to give a guick report on the 2010 7th rounder John Westin.

Last season was completely spoiled by a haunting arm injury but this year he has played all 20 games for Modo in the SEL and these are his stats:

+/-: -3
ATOI: 09:34
Hits: 20
PIM: 0

Although he's currently -3 in the +/- statistic he has only been on the ice for 4 goals against => 47,8 minutes of ice time / goal against. Which is the best statistic by any forward on Modo.

Still, no overly impressive stats and he's not by any mean a spectacular player. He's just a gritty grinder with a good and solid defensive game. You won't probably get to watch him play in the upcoming WJC, even though I personally believes he should be a lock for a hard working and forechecking fourth line. But I guess that's not how Mårts rolls.

He might perhaps be a future NHL player, but a hard working fourth/third liner at absolutely most.

Feel free to ask me more questions.
Interesting. There was very little concrete info on what he projects to be. I know you're a Modo fan, but how is Farjestad's defence? Especially Magnus Nygren, but I'm also interested to know how he might compare to the Brodin/Klefbom pairing.

Old
11-13-2011, 07:37 PM
vad87

Dietz scored his 4th of the season with a PP goal against Kootenay.

Dietz: 4-10-14 +19
Siemens: 4-10-14 +6

Siemens is a better player but Dietz is a hell of a 5th round pick

Old
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Roulin

I don't think anyone has posted this news yet - http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/turcot...ormir-en-paix/

Bournival wanted to play in the Subway Series, but Kevin Pendergast wouldn't let him. Pendergast also says Bournival is a lock to be invited to TC's final camp despite his injury, and has a couple of nice things to say about the prospect.

And from the same writer, Bournival is expected to play on Tuesday - http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/turcot...orts-arrivent/

Gallagher scored with a minute left to tie tonight's game, also picked up an assist. Now 18g 13a in 18gp.

Last edited by Roulin: 11-13-2011 at 09:42 PM.
Old
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
mtl_felix

Gallagher with a goal and an assist tonight in an overtime win!
Now has 18 goals and 13 assists on the season (18 games).

Old
11-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl_felix View Post
Gallagher with a goal and an assist tonight in an overtime win!
Now has 18 goals and 13 assists on the season (18 games).
Etem is the only player in any of the Q, O or W that has more goals per game than Gallagher! Very exciting prospect.

Old
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Zeroknowledge*

Gallagher for me is our number one prospect now, if he was an inch or 2 bigger he'd be considered as a top 15 prospect in the NHL now, but you never know he can still grow some.

Old
11-13-2011, 11:04 PM
crazybird87

Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
Dietz scored his 4th of the season with a PP goal against Kootenay.

Dietz: 4-10-14 +19
Siemens: 4-10-14 +6

Siemens is a better player but Dietz is a hell of a 5th round pick
Was about to say the same thing ...

+ the guy can fight too...

Old
11-14-2011, 07:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Another solid game for Gallagher, very excited about him. I can't wait to see him play at the WJ

Old
11-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Thicke View Post
I would love to see the Habs take a good look at Matthew Bissonette for the Acadie-Bathurst Titans. He's a big strong, 6'-4 200lbs centerman who can score goals(3rd in the Q right now) and was undrafted because he was hurt(Wrist) in his draft year while bouncing around with a few teams. He was said to have an attitude earlier, lazy work ethic in his Junior career but has to be hungry now that he was not drafted by anyone. Bissonette has scored 16 goals along with 20 assists and a plus three rating in 23 games with the 15th place team out of 17 in the QJMHL.
He'd be a Free Agent correct? If so, it certainly wouldn't hurt to give him a one year contract after his season is over.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:51 AM
pine

If he is to sign an NHL contract, it has to be a three year entry level deal.

I would though give him a shot in Hamilton with an AHL tryout and contract

Old
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Fregus
Modo Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Interesting. There was very little concrete info on what he projects to be. I know you're a Modo fan, but how is Farjestad's defence? Especially Magnus Nygren, but I'm also interested to know how he might compare to the Brodin/Klefbom pairing.
As you may understand I've only watched him play a couple of times yet this season, but these are Nygren's stats:

+/-: -6
ATOI: 16:33
Hits: 13

As you can see he's got off to a great start offensively, especially on the powerplay. He's sure got a real cannon of a slapshot. Though, he's still got to put a lot more work into his defensive game. Right now I believe Färjestad just uses him on the powerplay and otherwise as the 7th defenseman. So he's seeing less icetime than the Brodin/Klefbom pairing, they've put up a more solid game overall this far I believe.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybird87 View Post
Was about to say the same thing ...

+ the guy can fight too...
If only we could have somebody like that when Price gets run over...

Old
11-14-2011, 10:37 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
If only we could have somebody like that when Price gets run over...

Holy ****, Dietz got some nice hits in there, impressive

Old
11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

There is knee jerk reactions positively and negatively, but honestly, and for seeing him play not just reading stats, Dietz might surprise a lot of people in the very near future. Could end up forcing the Habs as soon as next year. Will not happen 'cause, well, that's the Habs we're talking about, but Dietz will not waste any time.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:25 AM
pine

we may have another late round gem under our nose, courtesy of Trevor Timmins and the scouting crew.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:46 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I disliked the Dietz pick when it happened, but I will gladly admit to being wrong. This kid is providing offence and while I don't know much about his defensive play, if he can be at least reliable defensively while providing offence and being able to fight like that. A definite spectacular cog to any D core.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:56 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

In a not-so distant future, Hamilton Bulldogs will be a whole lot of fun to watch. Will clearly have to spend a few bucks to get it since neither RDS, RDS2, RIS or TVASports will do anything about it....

Old
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
There is knee jerk reactions positively and negatively, but honestly, and for seeing him play not just reading stats, Dietz might surprise a lot of people in the very near future. Could end up forcing the Habs as soon as next year. Will not happen 'cause, well, that's the Habs we're talking about, but Dietz will not waste any time.
Well i certainly hope he ends being as good as he looks because we sorely need the element of toughness he would bring. Besides Tinordi and maybe Pateryn, we don't have a lot of toughness+defense-first defensemen in our pipeline. And it's not even just size i'm talking about. It's the willingness of a player to stand up to to the big brutes of the league, like Lucic.

I truly believe that we're only going to be a cup contender when our D corps becomes more well rounded, a mix of players with skill and speed + those with size and grit. And to me, that means we'll have to wait till Tinordi and/or Dietz gets here, and we sign a gritty D.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:18 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I disliked the Dietz pick when it happened, but I will gladly admit to being wrong. This kid is providing offence and while I don't know much about his defensive play, if he can be at least reliable defensively while providing offence and being able to fight like that. A definite spectacular cog to any D core.
I always thought he was more of a defensive minded D, or was used in that role until recently when older players graduated from his team. I might be confusing him with someone else, but I'd be very interested in hearing a critique on his defensive game.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Well i certainly hope he ends being as good as he looks because we sorely need the element of toughness he would bring. Besides Tinordi and maybe Pateryn, we don't have a lot of toughness+defense-first defensemen in our pipeline. And it's not even just size i'm talking about. It's the willingness of a player to stand up to to the big brutes of the league, like Lucic.

I truly believe that we're only going to be a cup contender when our D corps becomes more well rounded, a mix of players with skill and speed + those with size and grit. And to me, that means we'll have to wait till Tinordi and/or Dietz gets here, and we sign a gritty D.
Your concept of an effective defense is similar to mine. Hopefully we don't have to wait for both Tinordi AND Dietz before that happens because Dietz wouldn't likey be here for another three years... at the minimum

Old
11-14-2011, 12:24 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
In a not-so distant future, Hamilton Bulldogs will be a whole lot of fun to watch. Will clearly have to spend a few bucks to get it since neither RDS, RDS2, RIS or TVASports will do anything about it....
I always wanted to organize a hf habs group stream for the dogs. Let me know if you're interested.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:52 PM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Holy ****, Dietz got some nice hits in there, impressive
indeed, lefts and rights

he is looking like a late round steal, hopefully he continues to develop

Old
11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Well, he's primarily a defensive d-man. I don't think he'll ever put up impressive number in the NHL but I think he can become a solid two-way. I've only seen him play three times though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I always wanted to organize a hf habs group stream for the dogs. Let me know if you're interested.
I am interested!

Old
11-14-2011, 05:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
I might be in. How much is it? I do know the quality is crap (worse than CHL tbh), but hey Derek is doing the commentary so it's all good. I'll be going to see a few games too.

Closed Thread