HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets and Senators talking trade?

Old
11-13-2011, 11:17 PM
True Story

vCash: 500
Blue Jackets and Senators talking trade?

Last edited by True Story: 05-04-2012 at 06:30 PM.
True Story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:05 AM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

I wonder what his HF name is, because that deal is the exact same deal Sens fans always throw at us.

CBJWennberg41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 02:30 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
I wonder what his HF name is, because that deal is the exact same deal Sens fans always throw at us.
Let me guess without reading it. Spezza?

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:57 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
No, that would be if the CBJ fans started any rumor.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:58 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
No, it's about Brassard. The blogger says the Sens among a number of other teams are very interested in Brassard.

He then suggests they should offer Patrick Wiercioch and a pick for him. Wiercioch is one of Ottawa's whipping boys. He will turn 25 in the next few weeks and can't break onto the roster of a rebuilding team.

When David Savard is nearing 25, and if the Jackets are still a pretty bad team and Savard is still in the AHL, he will be in every CBJ trade thread.

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Matt Foley
That's right, Edna

Brassard should be on the block with the emergence of Johansen, but Howson can and should do better than that kind of return.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:15 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

They want Vermette and are going to send us Pazzy...uh....

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:33 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Sens fans offer us Wiercioch + for Brassard (of course not Silfverberg, Rundblad, Lehner or Cowen) and IMO this trade would not have any sense for us. That Brassard and Wermette will be traded is the certain but IMO we will prefer a g-men for one of him or both... and they will be a part of a package. What I saw Wiercioch he is not so good prospect to be better than Moore, Goloubef or Savard. He is good but not better.

IMO Sens would like to trade Kuba to us because he plays good now (according Sens fans) and maybe Murray would like to use the situation because Lee do not play so often for too much d-men and they have still injured Carkner

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:49 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Foley View Post
Brassard should be on the block with the emergence of Johansen, but Howson can and should do better than that kind of return.
Perhaps, but let's not pretend that Brassard's salary combined with crappy play won't play an impact on potential return and potential trade partners.

If the Jackets really are interested in moving him, I'll be curious of the return. This one is a little harder to gauge. Jackets might be forced, at some point, to simply get his salary off the books.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
Feicht

Send a message via AIM to Feicht
It sure would be nice if he just... oh I don't know... started playing well again

Feicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feicht View Post
It sure would be nice if he just... oh I don't know... started playing well again
Currently he's about as one dimensional as you get. Sadly he forgets what he did in order to score goals, making him zero dimensional.

Old
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Maybe I would try the line Prospal--Brassard--Johansen and the third Calvert--Letestu--Umberger.

Vermette--Carter--Nash
Prospal--Brassard--Johansen
Calvert--Letestu--Umberger
Bass--MacKenzie--Boll

maybe the miracle will be and all our sleepers wake up.

Last edited by mt-svk: 11-14-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old
11-14-2011, 10:55 AM
mossylog
Go jackets

was just looking over the nhlnumbers website and was wondering if the jackets could go after a josh georges or maybe a matt carle? both are ufa's after the 11-12 season and maybe we could package a vermette or brassard +? not very good at these things.

mossylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Hossa

Quote:
Originally Posted by leek View Post
No, it's about Brassard. The blogger says the Sens among a number of other teams are very interested in Brassard.

He then suggests they should offer Patrick Wiercioch and a pick for him. Wiercioch is one of Ottawa's whipping boys. He will turn 25 in the next few weeks and can't break onto the roster of a rebuilding team.

When David Savard is nearing 25, and if the Jackets are still a pretty bad team and Savard is still in the AHL, he will be in every CBJ trade thread.
Wiercioch turned 21 in September. Not sure what you're talking about.

Hossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossylog View Post
was just looking over the nhlnumbers website and was wondering if the jackets could go after a josh georges or maybe a matt carle? both are ufa's after the 11-12 season and maybe we could package a vermette or brassard +? not very good at these things.
Carle is absolutely useless he needs a good d-man to him or a good defense and we need leader to the defense. Georges.... I do not know IMO his age and injuries... we will see how Nikitin will play.

And we will need Brassard and Vermette to a package for a g-man not these players.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
Yeah, last year was his first pro year. Up and down year I guess. Another potential 3/4 guy that can move the puck a bit from what I gather.

Wonder if leek was thinking of someone else. Seems like a reasonable return, although I admit I haven't seen him play.

Old
11-14-2011, 11:43 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Yeah, last year was his first pro year. Up and down year I guess. Another potential 3/4 guy that can move the puck a bit from what I gather.

Wonder if leek was thinking of someone else. Seems like a reasonable return, although I admit I haven't seen him play.
I saw him and it is not anything special so that we trade him for Brassard.Good but this is all. Maximum the second pair defensman, but the possiblity for th third pair. Moore, Savard and Goloubef are better. And with our problems with g-men... not.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:00 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa View Post
I apologize, you're correct. I confused his age with Edmonton's Jeff Petry, another player that fans have turned on so he is included in many threads.

Wiercioch has 2 goals 6 assists and is -8 in 16 games this year in Binghamton. He was -14 last year with 4g and 14a. His upside is a 2nd pairing defenseman, but he doesn't appear to be working out. He's big but doesn't use his size well.

TaketheCannoli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:12 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
I apologize, you're correct. I confused his age with Edmonton's Jeff Petry, another player that fans have turned on so he is included in many threads.

Wiercioch has 2 goals 6 assists and is -8 in 16 games this year in Binghamton. He was -14 last year with 4g and 14a. His upside is a 2nd pairing defenseman, but he doesn't appear to be working out. He's big but doesn't use his size well.
This is what I noticed when I saw Bigno (for Filly )... he is not extra in the defense he do not use his body and do not clear the place in the front of the net so good and Lehner had problem for it (in these games what I saw). The true is he was not alone in this.

Old
11-14-2011, 12:57 PM
blahblah

Quote:
His upside is a 2nd pairing defenseman, but he doesn't appear to be working out.
How can you judge a second year pro like that? Are your ready to say Moore doesn't look like he's working out? Very, very premature for a comment like that.