HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MZA may be back (The MZA Thread)

Old
11-14-2011, 09:56 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
So I don't see why he can't get a call up even if there isn't a top 6 spot guaranteed. He is so freaking skilled and full of talent that he is a sure fire top 6, but just not skilled or talented enough to show anything at all game after game after game on the bottom two lines? Good lord.
Again, Torts has said he just doesn't want to use him that way because it doesn't allow him to show what he can do. He wants him getting big minutes on a top line and HFD is just the only way to give it to him ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasero View Post
The crux of the matter is this.

MZA knows he is good enough to play in the NHL. He is a very good talented young player who is capable of more advanced hockey then pretty much anyone in the Rangers atm.
You can be good enough to play in the NHL, but if you don't play the way Tortorella wants you to play, it doesn't really matter.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:02 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

"Zuccarello is more advanced then anyone currently on the Rangers"

"And he's not in the NHL because the Rangers don't play hockey, they play rugby..."

LOL that was good for a laugh...

Back to reality... he's NOT good enough to play in the NHL.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:05 AM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
This is a bunch of nonsense. Some guy from Norway is making a story out of nothing. Zucc isn't good enough to make the NHL straight up. He is an option if there are injuries and can play a role in a special team situation but not as a regular forward.

So what makes him different from dozens of other guys currently in the AHL? Oh, right, he is Norwegian and has some writer making noise about him.
Now THIS is nonsense.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
You win some, you lose some.

I think if he were to wait, he'd get another opportunity late in the season. Leave now and its over.

11-14-2011, 10:30 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I'm pretty sure this wasn't the deal in the first place, I feel sorry for the kid because the Rangers fooled him. Zuccarello did a huge mistake signing with the Rangers without taking a closer look at their roster. If he'd signed with a no star team like Columbus (sorry Nash) or Winnipeg he'd see regular 1st or 2nd line minutes already.
Agreed. I think he signed with the Rangers because it sounded good in Norway. Now he has to learn his lesson. At least he should have taken a close look at Gilroy who is just fine in TB, but didn't fit with Torts.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:31 AM
OverTheCap

Does Zuccarello realize that if he bolts for Europe he is limiting his chances to play in the NHL again? Other NHL teams could perceive him as a player who is unwilling to be patient and adapt to the NHL. Teams may view him as flight risk who threatens to bail out when things don't go his way. Going back to Europe where the ice is bigger and the style of play is different will only set him back.

Zuccarello got called up in mid to late December last year. He just needs to be patient. And, if anything, playing in the AHL now will make him a better player than he was before. Callahan and Del Zotto both had stints in the AHL after playing a significant time in the NHL, and it helped them both. And neither of them ever complained about it. Zuccarello needs to follow their lead, otherwise... see ya.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Agreed. I think he signed with the Rangers because it sounded good in Norway. Now he has to learn his lesson. At least he should have taken a close look at Gilroy who is just fine in TB, but didn't fit with Torts.
I would consult TB fans about how they feel Gilroy has been. From what I hear it sounds like he is the exact same dman he was here; a soft, mediocre one.

Tortorella didn't magically hex him and make him something worse than he was.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Zucca can talk with every team in Europe but the Rangers won't loan him to another team. The IIHF won't allow him to play in Europe without the Rangers permission. NHL and IIHF respect each others contracts. The NHL and KHL have a similar understanding regarding players already under contract. The Rangers could call up Zuccarello at some point this season. Injuries. Bad play. The Rangers could also include Zuccarello in a deal at some point this season. Its November 14. The trade deadline is 40 days from the last day of the regular season. Shut up and just play. Zuccarello is an asset. He will either play for the Rangers/Whale or another NHL organization if the Rangers trade him. At the end of this season,Zuccarello can talk to teams in Europe and sign a contract after this season.
Agreed, this is nonsense.

One RW we have Gabby, Cally and Prust for example, it would be a miricle if those 3 played 246 games combined this season. Zucc will get his shot.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 10:57 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Does Zuccarello realize that if he bolts for Europe he is limiting his chances to play in the NHL again? Other NHL teams could perceive him as a player who is unwilling to be patient and adapt to the NHL. Teams may view him as flight risk who threatens to bail out when things don't go his way. Going back to Europe where the ice is bigger and the style of play is different will only set him back.

Zuccarello got called up in mid to late December last year. He just needs to be patient. And, if anything, playing in the AHL now will make him a better player than he was before. Callahan and Del Zotto both had stints in the AHL after playing a significant time in the NHL, and it helped them both. And neither of them ever complained about it. Zuccarello needs to follow their lead, otherwise... see ya.

One of the best posts in this matter.

All though Callahan and Del Zotto were some years younger than Zuke at this time, I think the comparison is in place. Callahan is now the Captain of the team.

As said many times; I think his agent Ryman is doint too much talking, and probably saying a lot that doesnŽt even come from Zuke. Last year he faced a tremendous disappointment when being sent down after camp, but he worked hard and got rewardet around Christmas time. This summer he worked his ass off and became a beteter hockey player, and was actually one of the best players in camp and pre season games. Of course it must have been disappointing to be sent down AGAIN, but he i still putting up awesome numbers (10 points in 9 games so far).

It would be really strange if he doesnŽt get his chance. He should also have in mind that he only needs 15 games to pass a total of 60 games, and then it is all of a sudden more difficult for Rangers to send him down as he can ble claimed on waivers.

Hold on Zuke! YouŽll get your chance!

TigerJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:01 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post

All Zooks has said is he wants to play for the Rangers. If he is not in the Rangers future plans than he would like to play for another NHL team. I haven't ever heard him say he wants to go to Europe. This is media/agent/fan nonsense in my opinion.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:07 AM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

vCash: 1350
Obviously Zuccarello doesn't want to be in the AHL, but is he this impatient? Or is it just the Norwegian posters here posting Swedish/Norwegian media that is nonsense? you guys posted it already, he just has to wait what, 6 months? 7 months? and what's more realistic is that he gets called up soon anyway, injuries are bound to happen. Hopefully he and his European agents aren't this dumb. Zuccarello can play in the NHL, the Rangers just don't have room. Be patient.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Does anybody feel that theres no room for Zuccs and Christian Thomas on this roster and at some point 1 or the other is going to go. How many small guys can you have skating around. That is saying if zuccs makes it 2 more yrs when thomas would have a shot.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Nulenar

Probably posted before, but keep in mind that this all comes from his agent in EUROPE, whom would earn quite abit of cash on him moving to back to europe. He is represented by Newport Sport Management in NA, and notice how none of the representatives from Newport have commented on this(as far as I know).

Last edited by Nulenar: 11-14-2011 at 11:24 AM.
Nulenar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:26 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
I would consult TB fans about how they feel Gilroy has been. From what I hear it sounds like he is the exact same dman he was here; a soft, mediocre one.

Tortorella didn't magically hex him and make him something worse than he was.
Mediocre D play 3rd pair time. He does not. TB is a soft team overall and so was said about DET and lately about NYR (Heatley). It depends of HC perception and system employed. MZA would be much better elsewhere, let's not make it a Gilroy talk.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:41 AM
Wolfy
The Hobbit Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Being a Ranger and you have reached the top as a hockey player, isn't that what they say?

Anyway, sounds like the Rangers don't want to lose Zuccarello, that's why he's not traded. He's probably the first to be called up if there's an injury among the top 9.

Maybe he should have a little more patience.

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Brasero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
"Zuccarello is more advanced then anyone currently on the Rangers"

"And he's not in the NHL because the Rangers don't play hockey, they play rugby..."

LOL that was good for a laugh...

Back to reality... he's NOT good enough to play in the NHL.
You honestly think that? I think he's arguably the most naturally talented player we have. He just doesn't fit Tort's style. He could easily be a great success in other teams in the NHL.

Brasero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:57 AM
Greg02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasero View Post
You honestly think that? I think he's arguably the most naturally talented player we have. He just doesn't fit Tort's style. He could easily be a great success in other teams in the NHL.
OK, let's discount other players who probably are more talented.

Marian Gaborik, Brad Richards, Marc Staal, Henrik Lundqvist.

I would love to hear how he is arguably more talented than any of them.

Greg02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Ugh, I am getting sick of reading about this bullcrap.
Ryman and Zuccarello both need to keep their mouths shut and do any talking to the Rangers organization and not to the press. To me it is a mystery why Mats would have Ryman as a agent in the first place. Guy only started as an agent in 2009 I believe. Perhaps he should have gone with someone a little smarter, someone who knows when to/not to talk to the press.

Mats (deservingly or not) is starting to come a cross as a little bit of a whiny ***** because of all these speculations.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:23 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Mats (deservingly or not) is starting to come a cross as a little bit of a whiny ***** because of all these speculations.
My observation is that Erik the idiot Ryman is making Mats look that way. That schmuck only wants Zucc out of NA so that he can make money off of a massive deal that Zucc inevitably would get somewhere in europe.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Guys like MZA and Heineken should have gone to bottom-feeders with good youth. The Isles come to mind. It would be easier to crack their lineup and by the time he establishes himself, they will be out of the gutter and in the playoffs.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
All Zooks has ever said is he wants to play for the Rangers and he wants to play in the NHL not Europe (if he is not in the Rangers plans)

I wouldnt want a guy who was satisfied playing in the AHL.

The rest of this is just media/agent and fan driven nonsense.

Zooks has never demanded a trade.

Zooks has never asked to be let out of his contract.

Zooks has never said he wants to go back to Europe.
Well, not publicly at least. But players don't generally do that. How can you say with any degree of certainty what Zuccarello has or has not asked or demanded behind closed doors?

Evgeny Grachev asked for a trade last season, and it wasn't reported on until after he was traded during the summer. Tomas Kundratek asked for a trade god knows when, which we didn't find about until after he was traded. It happens; guys feel like they're blocked and overlooked in the organization and could be performing and making more money elsewhere. They ask for a trade. And we usually don't find out about it until after the fact, if ever.

I agree that there's a decent chance this is all ******** from a guy in the Norwegian media, but I'm certainly not sure of it. This seems like one of those situations where there's smoke and probably a fire.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well, not publicly at least. But players don't generally do that. How can you say with any degree of certainty what Zuccarello has or has not asked or demanded behind closed doors?

Evgeny Grachev asked for a trade last season, and it wasn't reported on until after he was traded during the summer. Tomas Kundratek asked for a trade god knows when, which we didn't find about until after he was traded. It happens; guys feel like they're blocked and overlooked in the organization and could be performing and making more money elsewhere. They ask for a trade. And we usually don't find out about it until after the fact, if ever.

I agree that there's a decent chance this is all ******** from a guy in the Norwegian media, but I'm certainly not sure of it. This seems like one of those situations where there's smoke and most likely a fire.
I think the point still is to keep it behind closed doors. This moron of an agent of his is really starting to make a nice kid like Mats seems like a spoiled brat.
Stop with the media show, Ryman.

Ride the contract out, there is not even a year left of it Mats. That is nothing.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Jumbo*
TARGET: ACQUIRED

I dont understand where most of this is coming from. I have never seen a quote from MZA stating he wants to leave. Actually the only real quotes i've seen from him are of him saying he wants to make the Rangers and will work hard in the AHL to get another callup.

He has always said the right things.

All these rumors started from overseas media outlets who just want their SEL superstar to come back to them.

Then you have Brooks who asked a random question to Sather about if he would let him go to Europe and of course Sather says no. But Brooks loves to stir the pot to get hits on his columns.

Unfortunately, a lot of posters buy into all of this and actually think MZA is telling people he wants to leave NA and go back, without any actually evidence of this but "rumors" and "speculation" from 3rd party outlets.

Jumbo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:09 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post

I agree that there's a decent chance this is all ******** from a guy in the Norwegian media, but I'm certainly not sure of it. This seems like one of those situations where there's smoke and probably a fire.

Lets reverse your question. How can you say with any degree of certainty that Zooks has asked to go back to Europe or demanded a trade?

Problem is often there are times (especially on the internet) where lots of smoke can be seen but no fire is present. Sure we can speculate all you want but I just go by known facts. It has never been reported that Zooks demanded a trade. Everything I have heard from Zooks himself said he wants to be a NY Ranger. That he doesnt want to go back to Europe and if he is not in the Rangers future plans he would look to another NHL team not to Europe. Could there be something different that hasnt been reported? Anything is possible. Its also possible Zooks could give up on the NHL and apply to play on the Mexican Olympic team because he loves burritos.

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Lets reverse your question. How can you say with any degree of certainty that Zooks has asked to go back to Europe or demanded a trade?
I haven't. I said that if he's miserable here, he can go play in Europe. I don't claim to know anything definitive one way or the other.

Quote:
Problem is often there are times (especially on the internet) where lots of smoke can be seen but no fire is present. Sure we can speculate all you want but I just go by known facts. It has never been reported that Zooks demanded a trade. Everything I have heard from Zooks himself said he wants to be a NY Ranger. That he doesnt want to go back to Europe and if he is not in the Rangers future plans he would look to another NHL team not to Europe. Could there be something different that hasnt been reported? Anything is possible. Its also possible Zooks could give up on the NHL and apply to play on the Mexican Olympic team because he loves burritos.
Certainly a possibility. As I said though, where there's smoke, there's often fire. I know it's just unsubstantiated rumor, but it is what it is. The rumors make sense. I'd like to believe that it's nothing more than speculation, but I'm not optimistic.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote