HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers: Rick Nash Proposal?

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroglycerin View Post
why would you trade the most penalized pylon in the NHL and a soon to be 4.5M a year d-men that can't score or play D without Kimmo for Rick Nash. heh..
Dont get this started again.. Will just get shot down in flames again

Old
11-14-2011, 04:08 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Carle?
So we should trade 4 players and gut the defense, just so we can have Nash? With his cap hit, we won't be able to replace the depth lost on defense.

There's no logical or good reason to trade for Nash.

11-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Carle?
Dear god.. You must be Nitro's alt acc..

We have no one worth the money in the AHL..
So, to fill two spots, we'd have to pick 2 of : Lilja, Walker, and probably Marshall..

Old
11-14-2011, 04:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
So we should trade 4 players and gut the defense, just so we can have Nash? With his cap hit, we won't be able to replace the depth lost on defense.

There's no logical or good reason to trade for Nash.
I do like the reasoning behind the supporters of the trade though...

"Because... because its just RICK NASHHHH"

Old
11-14-2011, 04:16 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
why would you trade the most penalized pylon in the NHL and a soon to be 4.5M a year d-men that can't score or play D without Kimmo for Rick Nash. heh..

Hartnell 4.2 Mez 4M/Coburn 3.2 Bobrovsky 1.75 gives Flyers anywhere between 9.15M and 10M

Leighton 750K, warm body coming back from Columbus like 600K Nikitin and 7.8M Nash. Shelley to the AHL where he belongs. Count. Can be done. No question about it.
And the backup goalie, forward, and defender we need to replace? Remember their salary will count. We will need to replace 3 players with, give or take, with 1.5-2 mil.

Nikitin is barely an NHL defender so dont expect him to stay long on the squad.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
I do like the reasoning behind the supporters of the trade though...

"Because... because its just RICK NASHHHH"
Rick Nash can now play Forward, Defense for two players, AND be a back up goalie.

Homer, trade for him NOW.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
And the backup goalie, forward, and defender we need to replace? Remember their salary will count. We will need to replace 3 players with, give or take, with 1.5-2 mil.

Nikitin is barely an NHL defender so dont expect him to stay long on the squad.
Back up goalie. Leighton 750K, Guz will replace Coburn or Mesz. Nash replaces Hartnell. Numbers in this particular case is very easy part. Question is what would Jackets really want.

Hartnell 4.2 Mez 4M/Coburn 3.2 Bobrovsky 1.75 gives Flyers anywhere between 9.15M and 10M, Shelley to AHL another 1M.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Back up goalie. Leighton 750K, Guz will replace Coburn or Mesz. Nash replaces Hartnell. Numbers in this particular case is very easy part. Question is what would Jacket really want.

Hartnell 4.2 Mez 4M/Coburn 3.2 Bobrovsky 1.75 gives Flyers anywhere between 9.15M and 10M, Shelley to AHL another 1M.
The organization has shown they wont send Shelley to the AHL.. So thats out.
Leighton is making 150k less than Bobrovsky and is worse.
Gus is already on the roster.
So tell me who you intend to use.. Walker? Lilja? Marshall?

Old
11-14-2011, 04:27 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Back up goalie. Leighton 750K, Guz will replace Coburn or Mesz. Nash replaces Hartnell. Numbers in this particular case is very easy part. Question is what would Jacket really want.

Well I highly doubt Shelly goes to the AHL, like ever. There have been bigger cases where sending him down would have made other cases easier but they decided not to.

But it is true, why do the Jackets make this deal? Remember according to you its "a pylon", "a backup goalie" and "(cant remember what you said of Coburn)"

If their that ****** like you put it, the Jackets dont make the trade ever.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Well I highly doubt Shelly goes to the AHL, like ever. There have been bigger cases where sending him down would have made other cases easier but they decided not to.

But it is true, why do the Jackets make this deal? Remember according to you its "a pylon", "a backup goalie" and "(cant remember what you said of Coburn)"

He said that coburn cant play defense without Timonen..
In the other thread where this all started, he said meszaros makes too much, hartnell makes too much, and so does coburn..
If they all make too much, they would hold less trade value.
He doesnt quite understand that part

Old
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Same thing could be said about John Stevens but even his time was up.
Quote:

Why was Thornton traded, why was Heatley moved from SJ? Why was Carter and Richards moved? Obviously, there are reasons for everything. Hockey or otherwise.

Pylon or no pylon, Hartnell has value and right now his stock is up. Same goes for Coburn and Bobrovsky was always decent. I'll call them idiots if it will get Flyers player like Nash.

On LF we have Nash, JVR and Read on RW we have Jagr, Voracek and Simmonds. in between we have Giroux Briere Couturier and even Schenn if he is back when he is back. Top 4 Timonen, Pronger, one of Mez or Coburn and Calre. Bryzgalov in the net.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Why was Thornton traded, why was Heatley moved from SJ? Why was Carter and Richards moved? Obviously, there are reasons for everything. Hockey or otherwise.

Pylon or no pylon, Hartnell has value and right now his stock is up. Same goes for Coburn and Bobrovsky was always decent. I'll call them idiots if it will get Flyers player like Nash.
Well it wont get them. So just stop.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Why was Thornton traded, why was Heatley moved from SJ? Why was Carter and Richards moved? Obviously, there are reason for everything. Hockey or otherwise.

Pylon or no pylon Hartnell has value and right now his stock is up. Same goes for Coburn and Bobrovsky was always decent. I'll call them idiots if it will get Flyers player like Nash.
Int he cases of Richards and Carter, we had the stars. We were trading them for good returns.

I'd rather not be in a situation where we overpay to get a star we don't need who costs so freaking much that we'd likely end up shedding another player or two in the next couple seasons.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:48 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Int he cases of Richards and Carter, we had the stars. We were trading them for good returns.
Did not really care about Carter but was sad to see Richards go. I do not want to break down both trades or reasons. Fact is both were moved. No one knew they were about to be traded with exception of Eklund. ha.

Quote:
I'd rather not be in a situation where we overpay to get a star we don't need who costs so freaking much that we'd likely end up shedding another player or two in the next couple seasons.
Who wants to overpay? If the price is right and he is available I'd pull the trigger. If Jackets want Giroux or Couturier I would pass. By the way, knowing Homer, we'll lose a player any freaking away. May as well go after superstar.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:52 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Did not really care about Carter but was sad to see Richards go. I do not want to break down both trades or reasons. Fact is both were moved. No one knew they were about to be traded with exception of Eklund. ha.

Who wants to overpay? If the price is right and he is available I'd pull the trigger. If Jackets want Giroux or Couturier I would pass. By the way, knowing Homer, we'll lose a player any freaking away. May as well go after superstar.
No body wants to over pay.
With Nash not being actively shopped, you would have to overpay to get the captain and corner stone of the team in trade.
For a player who has only scored more than 70 points one time, I believe on a team that is competitive like the flyers, nash is not worth the 7.8m cap hit.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:

Nash isn't going to be sent off for "the right price" or lower. If CBJ trades him they are going to get full value if not a little more.

If you think Homer will lose a player to the cap anyways, then I'd think you'd realize he's likely to lose several because of Nash's hit.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:31 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

It's clear the reporter who wrote the article really doesn't have a clue. Once again, the Flyers are thrown out there simply because they're the Flyers. I'm sure that management will pay due diligence to see what acquiring Nash will cost, but in the end, the price will be too steep and the loss of bodies too dramatic to make up for it would take get Nash. Let some other team with a dynamic farm system and plenty of draft picks trade for him. The reality is that the Flyers don't need Nash - they need defensemen more than anything.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Nash isn't going to be sent off for "the right price" or lower. If CBJ trades him they are going to get full value if not a little more.
Possible, but what is a fair offer for Nash? 4 1st round picks? Potential super star kid that will produce at the same rate as Nash? Who is going to pay that? I mean we may see Heatley for Hossa type of trade which was somewhat even.
Quote:
If you think Homer will lose a player to the cap anyways, then I'd think you'd realize he's likely to lose several because of Nash's hit.
Homer does not think like that or he does not think period. For him next year is next year. I mean if he moved Gagne for nothing, re-sign Jones instead of Knuble and traded Richard & Carter you and I do not know what to expect next.

How do you know what will happen September 15, 2012? What if cap room goes up? Goes down? What if we won't have cap period? What if Timonen retires, what if Pronger retires? What if NHL CBA will come up with NFL contract type of contracts?

Old
11-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Possible, but what is a fair offer for Nash? 4 1st round picks? Potential super star kid that will produce at the same rate as Nash? Who is going to pay that? I mean we may see Heatley for Hossa type of trade which was somewhat even.
Well, something similar to what we got for Carter, at least. Except we probably won't have an 8th overall pick to throw at them, so we might need to add another pick to the mix.

You'd probably be looking at JVR + 1st, minimum, considering JVR hasn't really proven anything yet, but has the potential to be good. On top of that we'd need to get rid of cap space too.

Just dumping our cap space (hartnell...Mez...Coburn, etc) into the trade and not including a real player in return won't cut it.

Acquiring Nash doesn't help this team address any needs and if anything would create or exacerbate gaps in the roster.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Well, something similar to what we got for Carter, at least. Except we probably won't have an 8th overall pick to throw at them, so we might need to add another pick to the mix.
Why would Jackets gm trade Nash for picks? His job is on the line!

Quote:
You'd probably be looking at JVR + 1st, minimum, considering JVR hasn't really proven anything yet, but has the potential to be good. On top of that we'd need to get rid of cap space too.
If it was next year, a year where JVR is about to make huge amount of money playing the same style I would look into that.

Quote:
Just dumping our cap space (hartnell...Mez...Coburn, etc) into the trade and not including a real player in return won't cut it.
So you think adding 1st round pick or a decent prospect like Schenn would do the trick?

So you think lets say.. Schenn and Hartnell or Coburn/Mesz and Schenn or Bobrovsky and Schenn for Nash right? I am not sure what you are saying. What are you saying?

Quote:
Acquiring Nash doesn't help this team address any needs and if anything would create or exacerbate gaps in the roster.
What are our needs? How do we beat Pens this year in playoffs?

How do you know what rules next CBA going to have? Do you think we'll have hockey next year? WHat will happen to Timonen and Pronger if we are not going to have a hockey season.

Old
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Quote:
Why would Jackets gm trade Nash for picks? His job is on the line!
Why would he trade him for several middle of the road players, just so we could afford to put him on our roster? His job is on the line!

Quote:
So you think adding 1st round pick or a decent prospect like Schenn would do the trick?

So you think lets say.. Schenn and Hartnell or Coburn/Mesz and Schenn or Bobrovsky and Schenn for Nash right? I am not sure what you are saying. What are you saying?
No, I don't think Schenn is enough. Not only is he injured (and unable to make an immediate impact, which CBJ needs), but he still hasn't proven a thing. Any trade would need to start with JVR, or perhaps Courturier. Throwing an injured player and the cap dump players we need to lose to fit Nash isn't going to cut it, and it's as bad as all those old Toronto proposals for Carter. What I'm saying is that we are going to have to give up a lot to get Nash, which is bad...unless you'd prefer for the team to have less depth.

Quote:
What are our needs? How do we beat Pens this year in playoffs?
Certainly not by trading a bunch of our team for one guy.

Quote:
How do you know what rules next CBA going to have? Do you think we'll have hockey next year?
There isn't going to be a lockout, the owners and players aren't going to be so eager to ruin the good deal hockey has going for it right now especially with the memories of the last lockout fresh in so many's minds.

However, it IS possible that adjustments will be made to the cap or how it rises, so grabbing a nearly 8 million dollar cap hit right before a new CBA could easily be a terrible idea.

Old
11-14-2011, 06:23 PM
WeekendAtBernies

Delete.

Last edited by WeekendAtBernies: 11-14-2011 at 09:39 PM.
Old
11-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

A team with up and coming forwards there is no need for Nash. Defense needs to be upgraded with Pronger and Timonen at the end of their careers. A move to get Nash will handcuff this teams flexibility to upgrade the defense now and in the future.

Old
11-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Is this thread for real?

Old
11-14-2011, 07:13 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Is this thread for real?
If it wasnt for nitro, it wouldnt have gotten this far.. go look at the value of bobrovsky thread on the trade boards

Closed Thread