Youngblood46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 01:10 PM
peicurler91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngblood46 View Post
Rocket discussion thread
A discussion thread that doesn't start off with any discussion.

Looks like I'll have to start the show.

Powerplay: 9/18

1-1-0-1

Good offense, good defense, poor goaltending.

I'm very impressed with the two Czechs. Not too often we get two talented Euros.

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Wild Willie Fan
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peicurler91 View Post
I'm very impressed with the two Czechs. Not too often we get two talented Euros.
I am new to QMJHL hockey... to both the teams and the players, but I am now a season ticket holder for the Moncton Wildcats.

Anyways, the reason for my post is one of the players that stood out for me at Thursdays Wildcats - Rocket game was 18 year old defenseman Tomas Pavelka.

Tomas might have ended up a -3 for the night but he seemed so calm with the puck when in his own end. He was scoreless that night but looking at his stats I see that he has 4 points in 3 games.

With me being a Mapleleafs fan I wonder if Tomas Pavelka will end up becoming like another Czech defender named "Tomas" that I know of ....

Wild Willie Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Youngblood46

Goaltending wooooahs

For the first time that I can remember the Rocket have found them self in trouble in between the pipes. Now I can say I didn't think that Lagace was going to be anywhere close to a number 1 goalie this year, from what i seen in him last year I didn't like him at all, after watching Bibeau in the last couple games he has played i like this kid and he has some wicked potential. The rocket are best known for goaltenders that stand on there had sometimes they would have 2. Ryan Mior was stellar when in PEI, Antione Lafleur arguable stole the show from Mior and he was shipped and then Marc-Antoine Gelinas who was traded to Gatineau for some pucks, Bobby Nadeau, followed by a stand out the best goalie that ever put on a rocket jersey in my mind Evan Mosher.. This kid is something else the rocket mighten have made the playoffs if it wasn't for him. So where does Trent Birt go now? well Lagace isn't the guy, In my mind it is time to make a trade of one of the 20's Levesque, Hobbs or Dion one has got to go and this team needs a 20 goalie in a bad way someone who can take the reins and get this team to the playoffs

Youngblood46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 03:59 PM
wingmanpei

I had concerns/questions whether or not Lagace would be ready to take on a starters role this season especially with a team that wasn't particularly strong nor deep in front of him. My main concern is whether they rushed/will rush him too soon into that role before he is ready, but the season is still young and I think he is a good goalie who just needs time.

It doesn't make sense to trade a 20 year old player for a 20 yr old goalie or move one of them just for the sake of getting an overage goalie. For a team that is re-building, like the Rocket, you usually trade your 20's for players who will be here down the road and not for another 20 yr old.

Also Trent Birt isn't the hockey GM, Savard is. Birt is VP for the business side of things

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

hows mcgrath?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2011, 07:47 AM
peicurler91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
hows mcgrath?
Alright fighter, takes a lot of stupid penalties trying to get people to fight.

Overall the team is not impressive. Hobbs isn't playing good, Duffy is looking like the Duffy from two years ago.

peicurler91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Hockey Guru 1961
Rookie User

Josh Currie # 19

Just wondering how #19 is doing Currie he has had a couple of injury plagued seasons looks like from the score sheet in the past few games he has gotten his mojo back?

Hockey Guru 1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 07:37 AM
jerrymac

vCash: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Guru 1961 View Post
Just wondering how #19 is doing Currie he has had a couple of injury plagued seasons looks like from the score sheet in the past few games he has gotten his mojo back?
Currie's definitely having a better season, especially as of late. Seems like a lot of fans don't really like him from what I can tell from other boards but I see him as one of our better forwards. Best guy to have out on the PK, works hard every shift but just can't seem to finish (at least before the last handful of games)

jerrymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2011, 09:49 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
hows mcgrath?
Danny Potvin (Cape Breton) beat the crap out of Mcgrath last night. Hell of a scrap but so much visor hitting...

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2011, 09:10 AM
bigguy245

What about Antoine Bibeau plays.

bigguy245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2012, 11:44 AM
rocketfan

Well the trade deadline has passed and We done nothing but trade hobbs what a ******** organization this is Savard didnt pull the trigger on trading Duffy and thats gonna hurt us in the long haul I am done with this organization they will be gone after the contract is up and all i can say is good i am tired of spending my money on this bull **** organization

rocketfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2012, 10:45 AM
rocketfan

Does anybody think the Rocket will have a decent team next year and could suprise in the Atlantic Divison. this could be next years lineup
Beran(19) Duffy(20) Leplante(17)
Crouteau(20) Currie(20) Bursey(18)
Marcotte(18) Jodoin(19) Provencer(19)
Bent(17) Ottereyes(17) MCgrath(19)

Oligny(19) Pavelka(19)
Graves(17)Abbott(18)
Phaneuf(18) 16 yo

Lagace (19)
Bibeau (18)
I know some of these players will be picked up on the expansion draft and maybe traded. But we will have some early picks and a real good core of players returning I think we could deffinately suprise some teams next year. Maybe finnsih on the top half of the standings Dwyer does not let these kids quit and finally we have a team that shows heart. This is just my opinion flame away

Old
02-06-2012, 01:27 AM
RJQuack

Not next year. Halifax is tops in that division, no matter how you look at it. Duffy also won't be in PEI next year...

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
rocketfan

Where do you think Duffy ends up and for what return I dont think they wil trade him at the draft but maybe you know something I dont. I think if they kep him they could finnish as high as second in the division maybe not but they have a strong young core.

Old
02-08-2012, 10:53 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
Where do you think Duffy ends up and for what return I dont think they wil trade him at the draft but maybe you know something I dont. I think if they kep him they could finnish as high as second in the division maybe not but they have a strong young core.
Halifax wants him. Hometown kid, ready to contend next year... Even if he doesn't go to Hali he'll go somewhere else. The Rocket could get alot for him and it would really help a rebuild.

Old
02-12-2012, 10:03 AM
rocketfan

yah I think we need to trade duffy for sure at some point. Whay I dont understand is why this weekend Laplante did not get one game in and we are dressing a 19 yo in Noel who I feel Laplante is a better player already and is only 16. If we are rebuilding why are we playing borderline 19 yos who should'nt be in the league when we have 16 yos in venne ottereyes and laplante, who are all in our plans so why not develop these kids, Are Rocket management that stupid they cant realize this?

Old
02-17-2012, 04:05 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
mannnn, we are soooooooooooo good this year!!!

o well dont worry guys, sarvard says next year!!! (for the 100th time)

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2012, 08:26 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

hows bursey look? any shot of being picked at the nhl draft?

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 01:08 AM
RJQuack

Trade Duffy at the draft is the only way Rocket fans will gain any respect for this idiot Serge. If you keep Duffy for next year you'd be foolish... And if you do, trade him at the Xmas deadline.

So it's either no 2 games in playoffs and be the only team not to make it.... Or get outscored 92-0 By SJ in 4 games

Old
02-28-2012, 09:49 AM
rocketfan

There is no chance we make the playoffs. But I am ok woith that as long as we use the draft pick wisely I really feel; we need to adress our defence. We need a yound stud dman either by draft or trade duffy for 1. With that being said Duffy has to be traded at the draft and I think he will be. Max Lagace I can see being dealt too he seems to be struggling and I think Bibeau is the kid to go with hes a yr younger and is a big goalie by the time we are ready to "contend" Bibeau will be the guy imo. we have a great young core and I think Laplante has the potential to be a STUD hes got the speed and size to be a pro player. Also we need to get rid of Pavelka and grad another Euro I am happy with Beran. But Pavelka pinches way to much and costs us alot of gola by doing so. where does every1 see Duffy and Lagace going next yr?

Old
02-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
hows bursey look? any shot of being picked at the nhl draft?
I like Bursey, hustles well, goes to the front of the net, forechecks, he seems to understand that he doesn't have the skill to be a natural at the game, so he knows that he has to work for every inch of the ice and is more than willing to do that. I'm not sure if he gets drafted though, the scouts I talked to were concerned about his size: "sure he can work hard and get results at this level, but at the next level...effort only takes you so far and where does that leave him?"

02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketfan View Post
Also we need to get rid of Pavelka and grad another Euro I am happy with Beran. But Pavelka pinches way to much and costs us alot of gola by doing so.
Important to note that Beran and Pavelka are pretty close friends and rely heavily on each other off the ice (I believe they share the same billet family and are learning English together). I'm not saying you keep Pavelka for the sole purpose of making sure Beran stays happy (or sticks around, or whatever), but it needs to factor into any decision there.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 11:11 AM
rocketfan

Yah I didnt take that into consideration.Kevin who do you see Duffy going to and have you heard anything on who the Rocket are high on? or any other rumors

Old
02-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

I don't know a lot, I'm really not into the rumour/insider game much.

I've heard the speculation about Duffy coming to Halifax obviously.

Right now, over-agers for Halifax are looking to be Cuzner, Gillard, Terenzio (assuming Abeltshauser and Hannay jumps to pro, which is a given for Abeltshauser but a coinflip for Hannay). Injuries (and recovering from said injuries) will play a big factor in both Gillard and Terenzio's sake on whether they can return to hockey and return to any sort of form.

In any case, there's definitely room for improvement there, so Duffy would be a definite fit (replacing Grenier in the top six).

Not sure what Halifax would be willing to send the other way though.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote