HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs call up Andreas Engqvist

Old
11-14-2011, 03:50 PM
dcal64

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
What do you mean? Like I said, I'm glad we're all agreeing to close the books on our prospects after 10 games in the NHL. It's by far enough of a sample size by which to project the rest of their careers. I'd personally like to trim it down to 5 games, but some of you are more patient than me.
He also done nothing in the AHL, he's a marginal NHL player, people would simply like to see someone else called up instead of Engqvist, since he's shown nothing every time he's been called up.

Hell people would have preferred Blunden, at least Blunden can throw a check, not sure what Engqvist can do, certainly not score.

In PG's defense, there's not much left in Hamilton, I watched the game yesterday on TV and besides Leblanc, there's maybe Avtsin who has a shot at being a successful NHL'er. But both Leblanc and Avstin need to put on more weight first.

dcal64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
He also done nothing in the AHL, he's a marginal NHL player, people would simply like to see someone else called up instead of Engqvist, since he's shown nothing every time he's been called up.

Hell people would have preferred Blunden, at least Blunden can throw a check, not sure what Engqvist can do, certainly not score.

In PG's defense, there's not much left in Hamilton, I watched the game yesterday on TV and besides Leblanc, there's maybe Avtsin who has a shot at being a successful NHL'er. But both Leblanc and Avstin need to put on more weight first.
Yeah the AHL cupboard is extremely bare right now. It's fair to say that this is partly due to so many recent graduates, but it's also fair to say that a team built to compete needs depth and right now it's lacking. There's a solid handful of NHL-calibre (if not first line) prospects, but even Leblanc and Avstin are miles away from the NHL (and Avstin's a long shot, frankly). Nash is probably the prospect closest to being NHL ready that hasn't been called up yet, but of course he's been out since camp started. And he's not exactly an impact player in the making.

Been a long time since the dogs lineup was so slim on real prospects. I worry about Gauthier trading away one or two of our CHL-age guys to salvage a battle for 8th place this year too. Hope not.

Last edited by Bullsmith: 11-14-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Bullsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Yeah the AHL cupboard is extremely bare right now. It's fair to say that this is partly due to so many recent graduates, but it's also fair to say that a team built to compete needs depth and right now it's lacking. There's a solid handful of NHL-calibre (if not first line) prospects, but even Leblanc and Avstin are miles away from the NHL. Nash is probably the prospect closest to being NHL ready that hasn't been called up yet, but of course he's been out since camp started.

Been a long time since the dogs lineup was so slim on real prospects. I worry about Gauthier trading away one or two of our CHL-age guys to salvage a battle for 8th place this year too. Hope not.
Man the hamilton bulldogs should be interesting next.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldnt we expect Gallagher, Kristo, Ellis, Tinordi, Bournival to all play for Hamilton next season? I'm not sure if Beaulieu is eligible. It will give us much more call up depth when you add Leblanc to the list as well.

The lack of depth has largely to do with the recent graduates as you pointed out. Desharnais, White, Eller, Pacioretty, Weber and Subban all graduated in pretty much one year. Any farm team depth with 6 graduates would feel a hit.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldnt we expect Gallagher, Kristo, Ellis, Tinordi, Bournival to all play for Hamilton next season? I'm not sure if Beaulieu is eligible. It will give us much more call up depth when you add Leblanc to the list as well.
If it's true, then next year will be exciting to follow Bulldogs. This year is damn boring.

Btw, any update on Gallagher and Kristo ?

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
neofury*

HABSHQ does routine updates on Gallagher check out www.habshq.com he was one of our highest rated prospects of the week.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Cookie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
If it's true, then next year will be exciting to follow Bulldogs. This year is damn boring.

Btw, any update on Gallagher and Kristo ?
not to mention LeBlanc already on the bulldogs lineup. That's 4 of our 5 top rated prospect that most likely be in Hamilton next year.

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
neofury*

http://habshq.com/2011/11/07/habs-pr...6th/#more-1855

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Cookie007

The reason why the bulldogs roster so slim this year is so many of our young guns made the jump last year. Subban (full time), Weber, Descharnais, Pacioretty, Eller (in a way because he was in the AHL in STL), Ryan White. Thats 6/7 guys making the jump last year depending on how you look at it.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Someone remember that feeling when a good prospect would be called up and you just really wanna see how he'd do? Subban was probably the last one, but honestly now, I don't think we have much left. I'm liking Beaulieu but aside from him, the rest is a bit meh.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Cookie007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Someone remember that feeling when a good prospect would be called up and you just really wanna see how he'd do? Subban was probably the last one, but honestly now, I don't think we have much left. I'm liking Beaulieu but aside from him, the rest is a bit meh.
before subby, i remember the hype when we recalled SK74. If i recalled, Ryder was really struggling that year and in sergei first game he got an assist against the flyers.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chfan View Post
Not really. I'm extremely curious about Ellis, Gallagher, Leblanc and Kristo as well as beaulieu. Definitely enough to keep one interested.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_habs_go View Post
Engqvist is one of the most boring players i've seen in a while. He's 6'4" but doesn't throw a single hit, slow, no shot, no vision ..just blah and very boring.

I would rather call up a Dumont or something, but I think he is still injured.
I thought Dumont showed some good things in preseason, and he seems to have a future with this team. However he has 1 goal 0 assists in 10 games for Hamilton so he doesn't deserve to get called up.

Quote:
Not really. I'm extremely curious about Ellis, Gallagher, Leblanc and Kristo as well as beaulieu. Definitely enough to keep one interested.
Yes, they are good depth players, but not players you can build around. This is the problem. We also don't know how well they will fair against adults.

It's a shame because guys like Fischer, Maxwell and Carle had promise. You would think at least 1 would make an impact in the NHL. McDonagh is another one lost.

It's a real good thing they hit home runs in 2007 because this team would be in sad sad shape.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-14-2011 at 04:58 PM. Reason: merge
le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Habs13

So, Blunden gets sent down... aaaannnnddd ****ing Enqvuist is called up?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:01 PM
larrypacman8167

heard on RDS Cammy won't play

larrypacman8167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Help
Help Yourself

I'm not all too fond of Engqvist, I hope he can sway my opinion of him tonight

Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

You guys are bagging on PG for lack of depth. Are you serious? How many times has he tried to bolster the depth with Cole, Noke, Campoli and bringing over Emelin and Diaz? That's a lot for just 1 off-season. Take a deep breath and remember that he's not to blame for the **** load of injuries so far.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Tuggy

What is with the hate for Engqvist? You guys are horrible ****ing fans.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:38 PM
Jesse Pinkman

Oh god not him again!

Jesse Pinkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:40 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Yes, they are good depth players, but not players you can build around. This is the problem. We also don't know how well they will fair against adults.

It's a shame because guys like Fischer, Maxwell and Carle had promise. You would think at least 1 would make an impact in the NHL. McDonagh is another one lost.

It's a real good thing they hit home runs in 2007 because this team would be in sad sad shape.
I don't recall Fischer, Maxwell or Carle being projected to be anything more than depth players either. I think Leblanc, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Kristo, Ellis, Tinordi to have much more promise than any of those guys. I disagree that they are all depth players. The only player that has his potential as a depth player is Ellis. Leblanc, Gallagher, Kristo, Beaulieu and Tinordi all have interesting upside. None of the forwards will be first liners, but that doesn't mean they can't play a significant role in the organization.

I think you are underrating the youth outside of the ahl. I'm not expecting them to be elite players, but I do expect them to fill roles needed in the organization.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:41 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inf1n1te View Post
Oh god not him again!
Who cares, Martin plays his 4th liners like 4 minutes a game anyway. I really don't understand the outcry, he's not even going to play much anyway, just like Blunden did. He's there to fill out a space because the injuries mean we'll be a man short.

Man this place sometimes.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:56 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I don't get why people are moaning and whining... Engqvist is very average but he makes few mistakes. He might not help much but he won't hurt the team and thats what they want from him.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
le_sean

Quote:
I don't recall Fischer, Maxwell or Carle being projected to be anything more than depth players either. I think Leblanc, Beaulieu, Gallagher, Kristo, Ellis, Tinordi to have much more promise than any of those guys. I disagree that they are all depth players. The only player that has his potential as a depth player is Ellis. Leblanc, Gallagher, Kristo, Beaulieu and Tinordi all have interesting upside. None of the forwards will be first liners, but that doesn't mean they can't play a significant role in the organization.

I think you are underrating the youth outside of the ahl. I'm not expecting them to be elite players, but I do expect them to fill roles needed in the organization.
Sorry, I didn't mean that Fischer, Maxwell and Carle were better prospects than the current ones. I just mean they were drafted in 2006, so it would have been ideal to have at least one taking a regular spot. Instead the Habs are forced to fill them with temporary, low upside players.

I see 2nd/3rd line potential in most of the current prospects (minus Beaulieu). While they will play a significant role, they are all fairly far away from that point. There is a real gap this season and the next.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:16 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Andreas Engqvist also injured

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:43 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
What is with the hate for Engqvist? You guys are horrible ****ing fans.
yeah. better to bash DD or Darche...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
yeah. better to bash DD or Darche...
Why do you single out those two in particular?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote