HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Most complete team in the East?

View Poll Results: Most complete team in the East?
yay 8 8.89%
nay 82 91.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-14-2011, 06:02 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Pens
Caps
Bruins
Philly
Rangers

We are #5 at best.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Pens
Caps
Bruins
Philly
Rangers

We are #5 at best.
Pretty much on the money. I don't see us doing any better than a #5 seed or more likely, competing for the 5 thru 8 seeds with 5 or 6 other teams.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

We're just as good as the Bruins and Philly.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:11 AM
skymachine

Hard to say when u haven't even faced the Penguins, Flyers, Caps, Bruins, Lightning, Sabres, hell even the Devils, yet.

I'd say 4th at best, behind PIT, WSH, BOS.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We're just as good as the Bruins and Philly.
Let's not get carried away! Those teams have way more finishers and much bigger, stronger, tougher defenses than we have. There is no way we could beat the Bruins or Flyers(Caps and Pens as well) in a 7 game series.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeHat View Post
Hard to say when u haven't even faced the Penguins, Flyers, Caps, Bruins, Lightning, Sabres, hell even the Devils, yet.

I'd say 4th at best, behind PIT, WSH, BOS.
Yoy're leaving out the Flyers and maybe even the Bolts(who we haven't beaten in 2 years).

Old
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Definitely not the most complete team, but I would say top 5 for sure. Washington, Pittsburgh and Boston all have more complete rosters. I would place the Rangers at 4, just ahead of Philly.
You're kidding yourself if you think we have a more complete team than the Flyers. They have better goal scorers on their 3rd line than we have on our 1st line and their defense is bigger, way more experienced and better at this point in time.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Let's not get carried away! Those teams have way more finishers and much bigger, stronger, tougher defenses than we have. There is no way we could beat the Bruins or Flyers(Caps and Pens as well) in a 7 game series.
I bet you we could beat the Bruins and Flyers in a 7 game series.

And the days of Flyers defensive dominance are basically over, unless they drastically altered their style of play over the last few games. Most of their forwards are average or less defensively, now.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:04 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner View Post
Am I the only one who's annoyed by these illusory winning streak posts almost as much as the suicidal losing streak ones?

A team is never as good as it looks when it's winning, nor as bad as it looks when it's losing. Never mind the fact that we haven't yet played even a single game against a legitimate contender from the East.
If Rangers lose tonight the screaming will resume and the refs will shoulder some of the hatred.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
You're kidding yourself if you think we have a more complete team than the Flyers. They have better goal scorers on their 3rd line than we have on our 1st line and their defense is bigger, way more experienced and better at this point in time.
Take a chill. We are not the best in the East but who on the Flyers 3rd line is a better scorer than Gabby? Next you'll tell me that they have better goaltending and a younger defense. Right now we are not the best in the conference; probably somewhere around 4 or 5 but we have the most upside with our youth and our best d-man being out. In March, we may be right there with the Pens and the Caps.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:51 PM
Garfinkel1

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Take a chill. We are not the best in the East but who on the Flyers 3rd line is a better scorer than Gabby? Next you'll tell me that they have better goaltending and a younger defense. Right now we are not the best in the conference; probably somewhere around 4 or 5 but we have the most upside with our youth and our best d-man being out. In March, we may be right there with the Pens and the Caps.
I'm not talking about Gabby, its the other 2 guys skippy! If you in your divine wisdom think we may be right there with the Caps and Pens come march, I want some of what you're smoking.
I'll take a chill when you find some common sense and look at both teams objectively w/o homerish bias.

Old
11-15-2011, 04:23 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I bet you we could beat the Bruins and Flyers in a 7 game series.

And the days of Flyers defensive dominance are basically over, unless they drastically altered their style of play over the last few games. Most of their forwards are average or less defensively, now.
If we end up playing either team in the playoffs, that's a bet I might consider taking up. Those 2 teams are way too big and physical defensively and they would batter our forwards and they have way too many guns offensively for us to handle defensively.

Old
11-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Maaxse

Clearly, we do not have the most complete team in the East. Heck, even the most recent cup winners can't claim that. Pittsburgh and Washington are well ahead of us. Flyers might as well be.

Complete or not, we have found ways to win games that we have lost last year, which is good enough for me right now.

That being said, we did play contenders: we have won against both western conference finalists.

Maaxse is offline   Reply With Quote