HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 in SO

Old
11-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeBey View Post
I honestly don't remember him actually making any saves this year in the shoot out.

It should have never got to a shoot out though. Team shouldn't sit on a 2-0 goal lead.
They couldn't exctly play run and gun hockey with 3 rookie d-men plus Subban and Gorges as well as a group of forwards missing key guys and with Gomez and Plekanec playing hurt.

With the guys that are out, at this point it's about scratching and clawing for all the points they can get.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Heres an idea, next time we go into a shootout put Budaj in. Impossible to do worse than Price in shootouts.
The prob, other teams send canons on shutout while we send slingshots.. When you blow a 2 goals lead like that and fail miserably on a 4 on 3 in OT, the momentum is clearly on the other side..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

Three things:

1 - Plekanec has to go back to centre on the PP. Not only is he not very good at the point, but the fact that he's not playing as a centre removes one of the best offensive options on the team.

2 - Price has not been sharp on shootouts or breakaways this year. He needs to focus on that in his next sessions with Pierre Groulx.

3 - Plekanec and Gionta over Desharnais and Cole in the shootout? One day, Martin will publish a tell-all book where all these illogical, out-of-the-blue decisions are explained. At least I wish, because they make absolutely no sense right now.

Oh and a fourth, just because. I never wanna see Gomez over Eller on the PP again, especially in OT. Seriously Jacques, come on...

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:03 PM
zx81

BTW Habs didn't really sit in the third.
Just a bit more pressure by the Sabres and some costly turnovers.

The powerplay has to be addressed and is the reason for this loss once again.

Martin still use the same recipe that just doesn't work. What is he waiting for to try something else ? Forget Pleks at the point he's just awful at this position.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
People need to stop *****ing about shootouts and start *****ing more about the powerplay. God was that painful.
We'd just be broken records. Need something else to vent about.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Krnage

maybe next time habs going to shootout....we should try budaj in net

Krnage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

How is Budaj in the shootout?

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alexei Yashvalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I miss when we had a captain who you knew would score in the shootout. Gionta should never shoot again in the shootouts.
Koivu and Kovalev used to be pretty good. I miss being #1 in the East and having an 80 point scorer.

Alexei Yashvalev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Dharvey33

**** Plekanec and Gionta on the shootout for christ sake they have sucked for years. Paciorretty Subban Cole before them.

The sabres play again a very miserable game but they get out with the win. It's frustrating since it,s only two good shifts that got them the win. They deserve to lose like the other game this season. I really hate their horrible style.

Martin plays Drache and Moen way too much but that's no news. Give me a break Darche on the pp.

Gomez sucks really bad nothing new here also.

The only player that played well are Pacthes and Cole gionta was horrible Plekanec was horrible and major lol at Subban not being able to hit the freakin net. He played well but damn unable to score a freakin goal it's frustrating.

Martin is **** for putting Plekanec and Weber on the point since they aren't doing jack ****.

Fire his ass.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:04 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

How ****ing retarded do you have to be to not realize Plekanec blows on the point on the PP and that Darche and Gomez have 2 ****ing points combined all year and shouldn't be on the powerplay.

YMCMBeaulieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
If you think anyone is putting Budaj in the shootout after Price is playing the entire game, you're ****ing nuts.

And you would be saying goodbye to Price as soon as he hits UFA.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
Need
AK
Cammy
Markov

Our PP is horrible . Should had score on the PP in Ot

I'm not mad about the shoot out JM always put Gionta and Plek and but suck in the SO.

Why not try Subban, Eller, Weber , Cole ??? Be creative god dammit
JM is the least creative coach in the history of the NHL.. The guy wouldn't know offense if it kicked him in the face..

sheed36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:05 PM
holyhabs87

JM really makes it so easy to criticize his decisions. It's like the biggest troll job ever.

Anyways, in regards to the 3rd period, 4 of our 5 D have less experience than Subban in the NHL. I knew the Spacek loss would hurt especially without Gill. He has been playing very well and hopefully its nothing serious. The defense was a mess in that 3rd period.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey8888 View Post
habs players are dropping like flies & management still don't think we need toughness
Gill, Kostitsyn and Cammalleri were injured because they don't have enforcers around them?

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
costathing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
No excuse for losing a 2-0 lead in the 3rd. But 3rd period are usually the only ones that the Sabres play... not having Spacek also hurts.

Was great to see two strong periods.. and one awful one.

I also dont get why Gionta gets called to the shootout, when he is clearly struggling... yet confident Cole doesnt. Bad judgement.. I know it's easy to say that after the fact.. but it's pretty easy to say you go with Cole over Gionta.

As for Price, in the shootout.. he's gotta learn how to NOT commit to a move so easily. The Vanek shootout goal was so predictable.
How **** dare you to say that was predictable lmao are you a nhl goalie? Vanek got one if not the best release in the NHL ..and that was an Elite shot

costathing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Alexei Yashvalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
How is Budaj in the shootout?
Last year Budaj had 13 saves on 14 shots against for a .929 save percentage in shootouts.

Alexei Yashvalev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Andy

I really don't see where we sat on the lead. Montreal was still attacking in the 3rd and had many chances. Subban made a bad turnover that tied the game, it had nothing to do with sitting on the lead and everything to with Montreal not getting the insurance goal.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartzy View Post
this.

people can say what they want about Price in the SO or PK not playing well. this game (and several others) was lost due to JM's coaching. sitting back like that in the third was just plain stupid, IMO.
We didn't lose the lead because we sat back...Buffalo scored a beauty goal(Pomminville) and that would have been it but PK made that bonehead pass in his own slot that basically tied the game.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

This injury situation has gone from devastating to comical. I just laugh when I see players leave the game, come back, and then leave again. Today was no different with spacek and plekanec but we've also seen it with Subban and cammaleri against nashville and plekanec again against phoenix. I suppose engqvist left tonight too but he never came back.

That tells you that the guys who are actually playing are pretty banged up too. You can add gomez to that list as he rarely takes draws at this point.

This team is simply running out of options. I didnt think the injury bug could get worse than the last couple seasons but we are getting there again.

As for price, yeah, he's 0-4 in shootouts this year, and I re-call a similar stretch that he had in 2009 where it seemed like he would never stop another attempt in his life. He just seems incredibly streaky in his shootout career, and it doesnt help that he's faced 2 of the better breakway contest teams in colorado and buffalo this year

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 09:07 PM
hockey8888

JM:Cole doesn't have good record on the SO. just look at his stats

hockey8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If you think anyone is putting Budaj in the shootout after Price is playing the entire game, you're ****ing nuts.

And you would be saying goodbye to Price as soon as he hits UFA.
He hasn't stopped one shot in the shootout all year. How long are you going to keep putting him out there if he sucks this bad in them. Theres no harm trying budaj. Im sure Carey would understand.

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by costathing View Post
How **** dare you to say that was predictable lmao are you a nhl goalie? Vanek got one if not the best release in the NHL ..and that was an Elite shot
The shot wasn't predictable. Price getting into a position made it so predictable for Vanek. Price basically got into a position for Vanek, and he had enough time to think where he was going to shoot.

Gary320 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

This shootout persona began when Pierre McGuire called Price's performance at the Worlds one of the greatest overtime/shootout performance he has ever seen.

Price was good in the overtime....but the kid gave 4 goals on 7 shots in the shootouts. Price is actually the reason Toews was so famous after that shootout....

Price plays the percentage and you can't do that in shootouts.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mytor4*

To fire Martin or not

Want to hear what Hab fans really feel like.
I for one will vote to fire him.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

I blame Martin for not making any adjustments to the ineffective PP but certainly not for 3rd period fiasco. The players and the Sabres (gotta give them credit) were responsible for the comeback.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote