HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Loktionov Called Up

Old
11-14-2011, 04:28 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Nope. Loktionov will go back to Manchester when Penner/Parse are healthy.

Voynov was playing better than Martinez and he was sent back down. Martinez was just starting to come around and is now hurt.

No reason to get rid of the depth that makes these injuries easier to take. Why make a move to get rid of the depth? Having waiver exempt players like Loktionov and Voynov is a good thing.
I'm not saying he won't go back to manch, but who's to say that DL won't be working on a deal even after Lokti gets sent back down.

Lokti does well, I can see DL having to make a move. Remember, we're going for the cup this year. DL is not going to be gun-shy about making a move or two.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
If Lokti does well, he just may force DL to make a move.
I think so, but only if on the wing. At centre, I doubt we move Stoll, simply because he's a UFA and the market is likely very limited right now. Stoll would likely be moved to the wing if anything.

If Loki is on the wing though, we'll just have to many guys hoovering around and not near enough spots. I could see a guy like Lewis or Richardson + a pick for another offensive forward to play wing.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Loki-Richards-Brown
Penner-Stoll-XXXX
Clifford-Lewis/Richardson-Hunter/Moreau/Westgarth

I expect Lewis would have more interest, just because he's younger, cheaper and likely more upside than Richardson. Lewis + pick for a struggling winger who needs a change of scenery and can play on the 3rd line?

What about Glencross or Bourque for Lewis+2nd? I think it'd cost more than that, unless Calgary really wanted to dump salary in a hurry.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I don't know what's wrong with Parse, but it seems like everything that goes on with him turns into a few month ordeal. The guy heals very slowly. So for that reason I can't see Loktionov heading back to Manchester for a while. If he's productive, then he won't at all. Hunter would clear waivers IMO. And re-entry waivers as well, at least once each way.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Duc620

Quote:
... No reason to get rid of the depth that makes these injuries easier to take. Why make a move to get rid of the depth? Having waiver exempt players like Loktionov and Voynov is a good thing.
That's the sign of a playoff ready / elite level team.

A team that can absorb injuries and lineup changes without losing momentum or focus. You can always bring rookies who deserve it up in the Spring to get a taste of NHL pressure game hockey. That can also give the vets a rest for a couple of games - depending upon the standings.

Duc620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Nope. Loktionov will go back to Manchester when Penner/Parse are healthy.

Voynov was playing better than Martinez and he was sent back down. Martinez was just starting to come around and is now hurt.

No reason to get rid of the depth that makes these injuries easier to take. Why make a move to get rid of the depth? Having waiver exempt players like Loktionov and Voynov is a good thing.
Voynov was better than Martinez, but not by some huge standard and there was room for only one. So Voynov went, as he was waiver exempt.

Loki has more roster spots in which he could bump out someone. Penner could move to the third line, or they could shuffle someone off the 3rd line and put in Loki. There's way more options for what to do with Loki to keep him up than there was with Voynov.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:40 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I think so, but only if on the wing. At centre, I doubt we move Stoll, simply because he's a UFA and the market is likely very limited right now. Stoll would likely be moved to the wing if anything.

If Loki is on the wing though, we'll just have to many guys hoovering around and not near enough spots. I could see a guy like Lewis or Richardson + a pick for another offensive forward to play wing.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
Loki-Richards-Brown
Penner-Stoll-XXXX
Clifford-Lewis/Richardson-Hunter/Moreau/Westgarth

I expect Lewis would have more interest, just because he's younger, cheaper and likely more upside than Richardson. Lewis + pick for a struggling winger who needs a change of scenery and can play on the 3rd line?

What about Glencross or Bourque for Lewis+2nd? I think it'd cost more than that, unless Calgary really wanted to dump salary in a hurry.
Yeah, we're deep at center (Kopi, Richards, Stoll, Lewis, Fraser and Lokti), there's no need to add another center. We could use a solid 3RW assuming one of Penner, Parse, Richie, Clifford or Moreau can fulfill the 3LW.

I would holdoff on trading Lewis as he has yet to fulfill his potential value but then again, I guess I can say the same about Penner and Parse as well. Eventually, someone will get traded. I just hope we get fmv for him/them.

Actually, someone that can fetch fmv and is still in demand would be Clifford.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I don't know what's wrong with Parse, but it seems like everything that goes on with him turns into a few month ordeal. The guy heals very slowly. So for that reason I can't see Loktionov heading back to Manchester for a while. If he's productive, then he won't at all. Hunter would clear waivers IMO. And re-entry waivers as well, at least once each way.
Parse gave the Kings room for Fraser. Penner gave the Kings room for Loktionov.

The Kings will have to make a choice between Huinter, Prase and Fraser when everyone is healthy. Loktionov will be the first one sent down when Parse or Penner are ready.

Why risk losing Hunter when you have a player that is waiver exempt? Loktionov will not be productive in a bottom 6 role with Murray.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Parse gave the Kings room for Fraser. Penner gave the Kings room for Loktionov.

The Kings will have to make a choice between Huinter, Prase and Fraser when everyone is healthy. Loktionov will be the first one sent down when Parse or Penner are ready.

Why risk losing Hunter when you have a player that is waiver exempt? Loktionov will not be productive in a bottom 6 role with Murray.
Why couldn't Lokti be effective as a 3C or even 3LW? Believe me, if Lokti impresses, DL WILL make a move to create room for him.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Why couldn't Lokti be effective as a 3C or even 3LW? Believe me, if Lokti impresses, DL WILL make a move to create room for him.
You really have to ask that with Murray as the coach? 3+ years of Murray and you still think a skilled player will perform in a 3rd line role?

Fraser has been a nice surprise, I hope he can keep it up. He's what the Kings with Murray need in their bottom six, not Loktionov.

If Loktionov impresses in a top 6 role, Lombardi would have to move Penner, Kopitar, Richards or Gagne to make room. Do you really see that happening? People love to rip on Penner, but Penner has legit top 6 talent and Loktionov is still very young. No reason to get rid of depth to make room for Loktionov.

Old
11-14-2011, 04:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
You really have to ask that with Murray as the coach? 3+ years of Murray and you still think a skilled player will perform in a 3rd line role?

Fraser has been a nice surprise, I hope he can keep it up. He's what the Kings with Murray need in their bottom six, not Loktionov.

If Loktionov impresses in a top 6 role, Lombardi would have to move Penner, Kopitar, Richards or Gagne to make room. Do you really see that happening? People love to rip on Penner, but Penner has legit top 6 talent and Loktionov is still very young. No reason to get rid of depth to make room for Loktionov.
Well, we'll just have to agree to disagree because I DO think a skilled player can succeed on the 3rd line even under TM. We need scoring and we need for our bottom six to pick up the slack. And if TM can't see that, then DL needs to make another move.

Old
11-14-2011, 05:34 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Just for the record...i'd dump Parse before Loktionov if he has a good call up. Anyways I think he would clear waivers. Who wants an injury prone 10-15 goal scorer aside from us?

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Just for the record...i'd dump Parse before Loktionov if he has a good call up. Anyways I think he would clear waivers. Who wants an injury prone 10-15 goal scorer aside from us?
Amen, brother.

Kings4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
You would have to dump 2 players to keep Loktionov. Fraser, Parse and Penner are not waiver exempt.

I would expect Penner to be back before Parse. Would Dean keep Loktionov in the bottom six over Fraser?

Old
11-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Martyros

perhaps the recall of Voynov should be added to the title as well?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Martyros

Quote:
You would have to dump 2 players to keep Loktionov. Fraser, Parse and Penner are not waiver exempt.

I would expect Penner to be back before Parse. Would Dean keep Loktionov in the bottom six over Fraser?
Fraser has brought tons of energy to the 4th line in just the two games he played, no way Dean waives him.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Right now, the ducks need all the scoring they can get....even with Hagman.

Old
11-14-2011, 08:21 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Our savior has arrived. Now if only Voynov would get called up, we'd have double the Russian pleasure.

Whose ready for that Double Russian pleasure

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:10 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Even though Loktionov hasn't played well as a winger in his past call ups, Richards is the ideal center to play with. For one, as has already been mentioned, Richards usually plays along the boards. Second of all, Loktionov is a decisive and fast thinking player who can keep up with Richards' plays; finally, he's also creative enough to set up Richards and Brown.

This COULD very well work out as the best situation for Loktionov. He won't pass up Kopitar or Richards in the depth chart, so he needs to make the most of this situation so he can be a regular mainstay in the NHL.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 11:18 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

If Lokti excels as 2LW I can see this lineup as our regular lineup:

Gagne-Kopi-JW
Lokti-Richards-Brown
Penner-Stoll-Parse/Richie/Hunter (my preferred choice)

Old
11-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

If I were in charge I'd try:
Loktionov - Kopitar - Brown
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Clifford - Stoll - Richardson
Moreau - Fraser - Lewis

For the first line, Brown's job is to go to the net and nothing else, and I like the idea of a Philly line, especially considering those guys play complementary games.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:20 AM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
Moreau - Fraser - Lewis

For the first line, Brown's job is to go to the net and nothing else, and I like the idea of a Philly line, especially considering those guys play complementary games.
Penner, Parse?

Old
11-15-2011, 12:21 AM
markisonfire

Quote:
Moreau - Fraser - Lewis

If I remember correctly, Loktionov - Kopitar - Brown was a pretty terrible experiment. Gagne and Williams are working well with Kopitar, why fix what isn't broken?

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Penner, Parse?
Hurt and hurt?

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:36 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Moreau - Fraser - Lewis

Exactly. Why the **** is this so hard??? This is perfect.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:36 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Penner, Parse?
Suck and suckier?

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote