HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

MZA may be back (The MZA Thread)

Old
11-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Wolfy

vCash: 500
I don't understand why some of you keep attacking his agent Ryman. After reading the article the only thing he said was that he and the Rangers discussed the situation last week, and they agreed to continue this week. He also makes it clear that Zuccarello wants to return to Europe if nothing happens.

If it wasn't for Ryman talking to the press we wouldn't know what's going on, and I don't think the guy is a liar..

Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
I don't understand why some of you keep attacking his agent Ryman. After reading the article the only thing he said was that he and the Rangers discussed the situation last week, and they agreed to continue this week. He also makes it clear that Zuccarello wants to return to Europe if nothing happens.

If it wasn't for Ryman talking to the press we wouldn't know what's going on, and I don't think the guy is a liar..
My issue with Ryman is that he seems to have no idea when to talk to the press and when to say "no comment". His constant yapping is creating press and speculation, which again makes MZA come across as somewhat a brat.
All this speculation and "drama" does not make him any more attractive for NYR or any other NHL team for that matter I would think

All of this should be kept behind closed doors.

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:04 PM
SKS

I guess you are all tired of hearing about the Norwegian media by now, but as a follow up on this story it was said directly from MZA that he has not been in contact with any of his agents or discussed the matter with them, and that if NYR does not want to let him go that is great, since it means that he may be in their future plans.

So he has not spoken with Ryman at all, who is making a fuzz of things that is wild speculation.
It certainly does seem as though this is definitely not coming from Mats himself.

translated quotes reads as follow

Headline : Zucca denies asking to leave NYR now.

"I really wish to get my situation cleared up. To know if I am in their plans or not. I did not come here to play AHL hockey, but if I am in their future plans I have to do my best and tough it out"

"If they tell me I am not in their plans it may be better to look elsewhere" says Zucc who denies that he will ask to move until the club clearly states that they do not envision him a future with the team
"Of course I will not ask to move until NYR states I am not in their plans. I will play as hard as possible for as long as I can, but it is in the NHL I wish to play. Therefore, it is good to know whether they have a plan for me"

When asked when he will have that talk with the team

"I do not make those talks, but my agents do. As previously stated, if they do not want me or need me, I will have to look around, but for now I will focus on the hockey and play as hard as possible"

On how he feels about Sather not wanting to let him go

"I believe it may be positive that they do not wish to let me go. But I have not heard anything or talked to anybody. I did not speak with my agents either. I am under contract with the NYR and that is my only obligation"

SKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:36 PM
sankaa

Maybe that clown of an agent should talk to zucc before talking to the media. Zucc have to clean up the mess after Ryman himself and that not one of the things zucc should worry about.

Zucc clearly states that he has not been looking for other clubs and that he will continue to work hard to get in the nyr roster.

Ryman talk to other clubs for zucc without him knowing, feels to me like rymans going behind zuccs back to get him back to europe so he can buy himself a new suit or whatever.

sankaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 05:55 PM
anofsti

vCash: 679
The translated link: http://translate.google.com/translat...023780&act=url

anofsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2011, 06:22 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

Erik Ryman is a stupid ****ing idiot. Lets make that perfectly clear. Mats needs to get rid of this amateur. He is making the kid look bad and as mentioned above, Mats has to clean up his mess. He did the same thing when Zucc got sent down last year before the season.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:41 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKS View Post
I guess you are all tired of hearing about the Norwegian media by now, but as a follow up on this story it was said directly from MZA that he has not been in contact with any of his agents or discussed the matter with them, and that if NYR does not want to let him go that is great, since it means that he may be in their future plans.

So he has not spoken with Ryman at all, who is making a fuzz of things that is wild speculation.
It certainly does seem as though this is definitely not coming from Mats himself.

translated quotes reads as follow

Headline : Zucca denies asking to leave NYR now.

"I really wish to get my situation cleared up. To know if I am in their plans or not. I did not come here to play AHL hockey, but if I am in their future plans I have to do my best and tough it out"

"If they tell me I am not in their plans it may be better to look elsewhere" says Zucc who denies that he will ask to move until the club clearly states that they do not envision him a future with the team
"Of course I will not ask to move until NYR states I am not in their plans. I will play as hard as possible for as long as I can, but it is in the NHL I wish to play. Therefore, it is good to know whether they have a plan for me"

When asked when he will have that talk with the team

"I do not make those talks, but my agents do. As previously stated, if they do not want me or need me, I will have to look around, but for now I will focus on the hockey and play as hard as possible"

On how he feels about Sather not wanting to let him go

"I believe it may be positive that they do not wish to let me go. But I have not heard anything or talked to anybody. I did not speak with my agents either. I am under contract with the NYR and that is my only obligation"
Go Zuccarello. That's the spirit needed to get a fixed spot in this league. The agents should shut up and stop babbling about Europe. Ryman in particular.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:08 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by anofsti View Post
Great reading. That`s the spirit Mats. Fellow scandinavians, here are the idiots mail: erik.ryman@telia.com Come on, tell him to shut the f up in the media

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:56 AM
Wolfy

Yes, maybe he should. Because every time he opens his mouth an army of Norwegians invade this board

So, Zuccarello will be a good boy and play in the minors until he's called up.

Last edited by Wolfy: 11-15-2011 at 04:01 AM.
Wolfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:33 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
Yes, maybe he should. Because every time he opens his mouth an army of Norwegians invade this board

So, Zuccarello will be a good boy and play in the minors until he's called up.
Not many players in the AHL with a similar fan base. If he gets a fix top line spot this board will be all Norwegian. Ryman is suppusively a very nice guy BTW. He's just a bit talkative it seems.

Old
11-15-2011, 09:02 AM
HockeyBurd*

When you preface every one of your sentences with, "I did not come here to play AHL hockey but"... well, that's definitely not a happy soldier patiently waiting for his chance. That's a guy on the very edge.

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBurd View Post
When you preface every one of your sentences with, "I did not come here to play AHL hockey but"... well, that's definitely not a happy soldier patiently waiting for his chance. That's a guy on the very edge.
He's obviously not content with the AHL. Would be more worried if if was. When all the European media and fans are expecting him to be a factor in the NHL, that's a pretty natural preface when prompted about the situation IMO.

Old
11-15-2011, 09:27 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:
When you preface every one of your sentences with, "I did not come here to play AHL hockey but if I am in their future plans I have to do my best and tough it out"... well, that's definitely not a happy soldier patiently waiting for his chance. That's a guy on the very edge.
try including the rest of the quote, doesnt seam on the edge at all to me. do you think any of the guys in the AHL are perfectly content with playing there? no but their waiting for their chance, as mats specifically says hes doing "but if I am in their future plans I have to do my best and tough it out"

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:38 AM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
try including the rest of the quote, doesnt seam on the edge at all to me. do you think any of the guys in the AHL are perfectly content with playing there? no but their waiting for their chance, as mats specifically says hes doing "but if I am in their future plans I have to do my best and tough it out"
I agree with you. Most guys dream of playing in the NHL not the AHL. I dont think we would want any young prospect that was content to spend the rest of his career in the AHL. I would want our guys to be hungry to compete against the best players in the world (NHL).

NickyFotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
HockeyBurd*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
preface
verb
pref·aced pref·ac·ing
Definition of PREFACE
intransitive verb
: to make introductory remarks
transitive verb
: to say or write as preface <a note prefaced to the manuscript>
: precede, herald
: to introduce by or begin with a preface
: to stand in front of <a porch prefaces the entrance>
: to be a preliminary to
— pref·ac·er noun

HockeyBurd* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
YetAnotherNorwegian

Quote:
Every one of your sentences? In the translation posted I see one. And after all, is that a bad thing? I wouldn't emphasize his choice of words too much. He could just as easily said "my goal when I came over here was higher than to be a regular in the AHL". If he said "I am happy staying here in Hartford", what would that say about his ambitions? As others mentioned above, the dream for most is NHL, not AHL.

Wanting to find out if the club wants him in their future, or if he needs to try his luck elsewhere in the NHL, is hardly a guy on the edge in my books. If he has a shot in the big league, he will stay. If he doesn't, why stay in the AHL when he can be a star in Sweden or Russia?

That being said, Mats (and his manager) needs to be more careful about what they say. Even if it most probably isn't meant that way, this is all coming off as a bit too whiny for anyones good.

YetAnotherNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:50 PM
dccuse

Let him go - he's utterly replaceable

dccuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:46 PM
stan the caddy

He's not going to get enough minutes here. A trade is best for both parties.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
He's not going to get enough minutes here. A trade is best for both parties.
i'm sure the Rangers will be looking for a rental at the deadline and Zuke is up for grabs

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

Zuccs for Filatov. Would you do it?

Mats Zuccarelli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:12 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Brichards View Post
Zuccs for Filatov. Would you do it?
Won't be able to give him minutes either. Move him for a draft pick.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Won't be able to give him minutes either. Move him for a draft pick.
They could give Filatov, a LW minutes if they really wanted to. It would push Anisimov down the order, but they could do it.

11-15-2011, 10:23 PM
stan the caddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLU Hockey View Post
They could give Filatov, a LW minutes if they really wanted to. It would push Anisimov down the order, but they could do it.
We could give Wo Wo LW minutes too but who really want to anyway? We have plenty of forwards on the roster. I just don't see where Filatov fits in.

Old
11-16-2011, 03:07 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
We could give Wo Wo LW minutes too but who really want to anyway? We have plenty of forwards on the roster. I just don't see where Filatov fits in.
Nobody fits in in a seven game winning streak unless injuries. The season is long though. Gaborik haven't played a full season since 2002. Callahan was injury plagued last season. Odds are that you'll need a top six right wing before April, and I guess that's why they don't trade Zucc for a draft pick. I don't see anyone else in Hartford or in the bottom six filling that role better than him, or with a remotely equal potential for production, should it happen this season.

Old
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Speaking of mza,anyone know where I can Get a hold of his t-shirt online?

I've seen claims that the msg store has it, but do they have a web site?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote