HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Time to trade Tanguay

Closed Thread

Old
10-29-2003, 08:47 PM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Time to trade Tanguay

Let's say lacroix had an offer of evengei nabokov and a 4th for alex tanguay and fla 2nd, would you take given how amazing he has played so far, he's great chemistry with duke and foppa and abby solid play thus far?

the thing is alex's trade value is probaby as high as it has been since june 2001 and he may be able to land a #1 by himself, so do u think now is the time to cash in on tanguay and solidify our #1 or allow him to coninue his great play with the amp line and trust in abby, or maybe deal him later, but by then its posible he goes into a slump like previous years, lessing his trade value, plus nabokov may be easier to get now with 3 goalies and a non-playoff team in front of him, what do you think?

Old
10-29-2003, 09:33 PM
PatrickRoy33

Send a message via ICQ to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via AIM to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via MSN to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via Yahoo to PatrickRoy33
No....pts are pts....unless the goalie is Roberto Luongo or MA Fleury, you don't bother trading....none of the new goalies are better or won anything more than Aebischer, and all the old guys are proven to not show up when it counts, so I say stay with the one DEFINITE in the whole equation, and try and score more than the other teams....

Old
10-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickRoy33
No....pts are pts....unless the goalie is Roberto Luongo or MA Fleury, you don't bother trading....none of the new goalies are better or won anything more than Aebischer, and all the old guys are proven to not show up when it counts, so I say stay with the one DEFINITE in the whole equation, and try and score more than the other teams....
I agree, I don't think we should trade Tanguay unless it would be for a Luongo or Fluery, but I have a terrible fealing Lacroix doesn't feel the same way. It seems like he trades guys like Tanguay almost every year now. First Deadmarsh, then Drury, funny they all wore number 18 too. I hope I'm wrong.

Old
10-30-2003, 04:56 AM
Tico

Quote:
I agree...and if a trade were made for a goalie, I think it'd be a follow up to the 3 deals I'd mentioned in an earlier post - so trading partners would likely be Washington, Buffalo, or Florida.
Also, Tanguay may not be the guy to trade with our O depth dwindling...

Old
10-30-2003, 06:05 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I think trading Tanguay would be one of the worst possible moves this franchise could make.

1.) We are not going to get an adequate return for Tanguay
2.) The AMP line would be disbanded, and say what you will about Tanguay, but he is a huge part of that line.

Old
10-30-2003, 06:24 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

I used to be one of those "trade Tangs NOW" guys too, but I think at this point he's earned some measure of job security. Some of the trades he was rumored to be involved in last season would have been nothing short of disastrous for the Avs. Lapointe or Isbister? Sheesh.

He's playing with confidence this season, doing the hard work along the boards, in the corners, and in front of the net. He's even hitting more! No. I like our goaltending the way it is. Don't tell me that Aebi isn't playoff-ready. You don't know that for certain one way or the other until the Avs enter the postseason.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:21 AM
JDB3939

Send a message via AIM to JDB3939
I wouldn't talk "Luongo or Fleury", just "Luongo".

Fleury is the second most popular Penguin already, just behind Mario. If he leaves Pittsburgh Craig Patrick will probably be burned at the stake.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:25 AM
Class21

vCash:
Quote:
O my you sound like a Dallas Mavericks fan........I dont think getting Nabokov is worthwhile he hasnt shown anything to make him be better than any other goalie...but your reasoning is silly. Offense doesnt win anything in any sport, its all about the d.

Old
10-30-2003, 11:26 AM
imagine29028

I actually like the kid....he is one of the promosing bright spots on the team for the future...I agree he plays like crap sometimes (hence why I call him Tanqueray ) but I think if he gets his act together he can be a 30-35 goal scorer and 85 pts kinda guy.

the thing I don't like...is how he switched numbers :moon:

Old
10-30-2003, 12:42 PM
PatrickRoy33

Send a message via ICQ to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via AIM to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via MSN to PatrickRoy33 Send a message via Yahoo to PatrickRoy33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Class21
O my you sound like a Dallas Mavericks fan........I dont think getting Nabokov is worthwhile he hasnt shown anything to make him be better than any other goalie...but your reasoning is silly. Offense doesnt win anything in any sport, its all about the d.
I am a Mavs fan But be realistic....if you have C goaltending, A- Defense and A offense, you don't downgrade your offense to a B+ to make your goaltending a C+....

Old
10-30-2003, 05:39 PM
NewSakic4U

vCash:
I saw u trade him here to buffalo, well give you miller,noronen or biron for another scorer, It's very stupid having 3 young decent goalies and not know when to play who....

Old
10-30-2003, 06:32 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckMan
You don't trade Tanguay. Period.
your posting style is somewhat similar to KL's..

Old
10-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Class21

vCash:
Quote:
I am a Mavs fan But be realistic....if you have C goaltending, A- Defense and A offense, you don't downgrade your offense to a B+ to make your goaltending a C+....
You are right it just isnt the right time to trade tanguay but I will say this it doesnt matter how good yer O or your Dmen are if Aebischer or Sauve or some1 else doesnt step up you can forget even thinkin about a cup this year...

Old
10-30-2003, 08:44 PM
dempsey_k*

Trade Tanguay for Sergei Gonchar so we can be just like the New Jersey Devils and play defence hockey all the time, and bloat Aebischer's save percentage.

Old
10-31-2003, 06:12 AM
PatrickRoy33

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuckMan
How exactly does Nabokov improve goaltending? Sure, he's better than Sauve. But at the cost of Tanguay? .
Because he's played in the plaoff's, hence the upgrade from C to C+....thats all i'm saying is that with the experience Nabokov has, he's not enough of an upgrade over what the Avalanche have right now, to warrent trading Tanguay....

Quote:
You are right it just isnt the right time to trade tanguay but I will say this it doesnt matter how good yer O or your Dmen are if Aebischer or Sauve or some1 else doesnt step up you can forget even thinkin about a cup this year ...
Normally i'd agree with you, but anyone who saw the 97-98 Wings team with Osgood, KNOWS that theory isn't always true....

Quote:
Trade Tanguay for Sergei Gonchar so we can be just like the New Jersey Devils and play defence hockey all the time, and bloat Aebischer's save percentage.
That would be great, but he's got more offensive upside than most of the Avalanche defensemen....he'd be a great addition though....

Closed Thread