HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

All Injury Talk: Gill out Saturday/Markov not back before California trip

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2011, 10:29 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The comedian in me would love to see Gomez come barreling out of nowhere and plowing Markov. Fan reaction would be priceless.
This is what the reaction would be like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GakoJyhYg5c

Old
11-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

hear some talk from Martin about Spakman hurt, and possible needing to go down to Hamilton for another D vs the Canes .

St Denis ??

Old
11-15-2011, 12:04 AM
smon

I am seriously amazed by the number of times Cammalleri gets injured.

Old
11-15-2011, 01:05 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
hear some talk from Martin about Spakman hurt, and possible needing to go down to Hamilton for another D vs the Canes .
St Denis ??
JM in the presser said he needs another defenceman yeah.

Any updates on the AK injury -- saw posts suggesting it might be more serious than thought.

Old
11-15-2011, 07:23 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
It's the same hamstring injury. I guess you have never had one. Your choice to replace him would be Tim Connoly ?

Old
11-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Lshap

Gill sick for another...?

Spacek out with...?

Cammalleri hamstrung for a period of...?

AK still feeling the effect of...?

Old
11-15-2011, 08:20 AM
PhysicX

vCash: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post

Spacek out with...?

I DUNNO!

Old
11-15-2011, 09:06 AM
HTTP 400 Bad Request

vCash: 13362
Quote:

Spacek out with...?

No question about Engqvist? One might think you don't care about him...

Old
11-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Jigger77

Just when I was getting excited about players coming back we lose Spacek. Fantastic.

Old
11-15-2011, 09:16 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
I am not. Guy get hit against the board a lot and is many times in vulnerable positions stickhandling. Honestly I appreciate his willingness to battle, he's tougher than most people think. Obviously he's had some bad injuries (remeber the one when Volchenkov pushed him awkwardly into the boards...then he scored 13 goals in the POs?). I'm ok with him having minor injuries, but he's not injury prone or anything. Leg laceration? Yeah...his fault. Not saying that you're saying he's soft, just in general I hope nobody thinks he's getting injuries for any other reason that he goes to the dirty places to retrieve the puck and he is targeted. I'm massively surprised at how Gio does NOT get injured the amount of times players (big ones) take full runs at him and send him flying. That actually pisses me off. We usually respond slightly, but I want to see a full beatdown. He's our captain. Now, I'm NOT on the toughness thread bandwagon, but I'm waiting for White to be back. I don't here a lot of talk about how this team will be much better with his energy and edge.

Old
11-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Man, what I would give just to see what this team could do for 2 months, hell, i'll even settle for 1 month...

With a healthy top 9 amonst it's forwards and a healthy top 4 amongst it's dmen...

Old
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Man, what I would give just to see what this team could do for 2 months, hell, i'll even settle for 1 month...

With a healthy top 9 amonst it's forwards and a healthy top 4 amongst it's dmen...
You're telling me. I think we'd be a damn good team.

Just seems we can't catch a break whatsoever with injuries. Very demoralizing as a fan.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:10 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post

In the past 2-3 years, did we even play a single game with our top 9 O and top 4 D healthy? Unbelievable the amount of injuries we sustain each and every ****ing year. I'm almost positive last year, against these same Sabres, we lost 2 or 3 players in the first half of the game.

There must be some sort of explanation besides bad luck... Anybody has one? Can anything explain our ****ing injuries?

Old
11-15-2011, 10:13 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
In the past 2-3 years, did we even play a single game with our top 9 O and top 4 D healthy? Unbelievable the amount of injuries we sustain each and every ****ing year. I'm almost positive last year, against these same Sabres, we lost 2 or 3 players in the first half of the game.

There must be some sort of explanation besides bad luck... Anybody has one? Can anything explain our ****ing injuries?
I think it might be our perception a little too. I believe we were about half way for 30 teams last year in terms of man games lost to injuries. But it really does seem like they pile up and especially on D.

I don't know where to find those stats though I remember reading that in some article. I'd like to know where we stand this year.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:17 AM
SB164

habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs Cammalleri is on practice ice

Old
11-15-2011, 10:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i think the first game this year was our healthiest - well markov was missing but still...

that lasted long...

Old
11-15-2011, 10:20 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
habsinsideout1 Dave Stubbs
#Habs Cammalleri is on practice ice
He was on the ice for the past couple of days, wonder if he came back to soon from his 1st injury. Hope he plays this back to back

Old
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:

Spacek out with...?

I'm not sure how reliable it was, but I saw one site comment in an article that he is out with a groin strain. Not seen anyone else try to pinpoint what his injury is but that was the theory according to one site. They didn't say how bad it was or give any indication of a timeframe for his return. If they are right, hopefully its a minor strain and after a little time on the sidelines, he is able to get back on his skates. I don't know a lot about groin strains but I seem to recall hearing that its an injury you can't try and play your way through as it just does more damage. Hopefully what damage there is, is minimal.

Not sure about the other three guys.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:38 AM
PhysicX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I think it might be our perception a little too. I believe we were about half way for 30 teams last year in terms of man games lost to injuries. But it really does seem like they pile up and especially on D.

I don't know where to find those stats though I remember reading that in some article. I'd like to know where we stand this year.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1955920/

Shows the number of man games lost due to injury or illnesses for each team last year (after 74 games).

This year, if you go to the Montreal Canadiens website, you can actually find our numbers in the: Team -> Injury Report section.
As of today, we're at 74 man games lost. If we continue at that same rate, after 82 games, we'll reach 357 man games lost. Our rate is about 4.8235 MGL/G, which would've put us around 4th best/worse in the league last year. If I had enough time, I'd go and look at other teams and compile those numbers, but I've got essays to write. Nevermind, most websites don't even show injury reports.

Last edited by PhysicX: 11-15-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old
11-15-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
You're telling me. I think we'd be a damn good team.

Just seems we can't catch a break whatsoever with injuries. Very demoralizing as a fan.
Agreed...but thankfully, some of the injured guys that are out right now (Cammy, Kostitsyn) are short term issues...Gill is sick, Gomez (like him or not) is playing injured and Markov/Campoli/White should all be back on the ice at some point between the end of November and December.

So i'll take that trade off if it means we'll be relatively healthy down the stretch...Habs just need to 'stay afloat' from now until then.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicX View Post
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1955920/

Shows the number of man games lost due to injury or illnesses for each team last year (after 74 games).

This year, if you go to the Montreal Canadiens website, you can actually find our numbers in the: Team -> Injury Report section.
As of today, we're at 74 man games lost. If we continue at that same rate, after 82 games, we'll reach 357 man games lost. Our rate is about 4.8235 MGL/G, which would've put us around 4th best/worse in the league last year. If I had enough time, I'd go and look at other teams and compile those numbers, but I've got essays to write.
Cool thanks. Too bad those stats aren't available already compiled. Now stop procrastinating and write your essays!

Old
11-15-2011, 10:53 AM
7th Player

CanadiensMTL Montreal Canadiens
Gill, Kostitsyn, Engqvist and Spacek are not at practice.

From Habs Twitter.

That means Cammy is back skating.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Cool thanks. Too bad those stats aren't available already compiled. Now stop procrastinating and write your essays!
Springing Malik's blog keeps track of injuries throughout the season.

Here's his post for the end of October: http://springingmalik.blogspot.com/2...-part-one.html

Habs were 3rd in the league with 47 man games lost due to injury (behind Pittsburgh and Columbus) but 2nd in CHIP (Cap Hit of Injured Players). That second number might be skewed a bit, as Gomez certainly isn't worth 7.3M in losses when Crosby is worth 8.7, but generally speaking we're near the top of the heap when it comes to injuries so far this season.

Even more glaring is our D CHIP, which was more than twice the amount of any other team for the month of October.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

What's really hurting us in terms of injuries is that we have been missing both quantity and quality of players.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:52 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
No surprise but no set date for Markov to return when talking to the media today.
AS per Habs twit feed

Closed Thread