HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#16 - 11.15.2011 | New York Rangers @ New York Islanders | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfans View Post
...we're not even 20 games into the season yet.
Yes, I realize that and I'm not head over heels or believing that this team is a contender.

However, I don't see why fans can't be happy during this winning streak. Honestly, from my my view on this board, I haven't seen people handing us the cup , or even thinking that we will seriously contend.

As Rangers fans, we are ALWAYS skeptical, as we should be, especially after the past 15 years.

However, we also don't need to be told how to react to a winning streak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
LOL seriously, the guy came peacefully and is only saying what millions of posters (Rangers fans posters) have said about this board. This place is notorious for the highest of highs and lowest of lows.
I don't agree with this. Rangers fans (most of them anyway) are always skeptical about there team. I think our lows are somewhat manic but our highs are never extraordinary.

Regardless, this will be my last comment on the topic since I don't want to derail a positive thread. LGR

Old
11-15-2011, 10:06 AM
pwoz

I'll be happy if we manhandle this pathetic team.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:07 AM
free0717

I think the Icelanders should take up fishing because they are not very good @ hockey.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:15 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Seven in a row would be nasty......but it's the friggin Fishsticks. You just gotta beat the crap out of them.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:23 AM
enigmatic
Capuano is a stooge

Quote:
LOL seriously, the guy came peacefully and is only saying what millions of posters (Rangers fans posters) have said about this board. This place is notorious for the highest of highs and lowest of lows.
thank you sir, you see my post for what it is.....can we not have constructive talk? and puckface, never once did i yell at you when you were clamoring over why the referendum should have been voted down swiftly (which it was)

however, i am not here to derail a GDT--pretty sad that whenever there are games versus each other only a select few people with 12,000 posts each are permitted to post in the other team's cyber space....--if anyone would like to have constructive talk about the game please join the isles gdt...i know there are a bunch of you (including puckface) that post there without being bashed for every comment--i am sorry i am not a ranger fan bro

Old
11-15-2011, 10:33 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfinkel1 View Post
I'm surprised no one is complaining that Avery is going to get more ES time then Cally.
Avery- Richards- Fedotenko is our 3 rd line, not the 2nd. Boyle just got swapped with BR, who makes a 3rd line stop on his way to press box. Hope he will turn it around soon, perhaps with grinders.
LGR!!!

Old
11-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post
thank you sir, you see my post for what it is.....can we not have constructive talk? and puckface, never once did i yell at you when you were clamoring over why the referendum should have been voted down swiftly (which it was)

however, i am not here to derail a GDT--pretty sad that whenever there are games versus each other only a select few people with 12,000 posts each are permitted to post in the other team's cyber space....--if anyone would like to have constructive talk about the game please join the isles gdt...i know there are a bunch of you (including puckface) that post there without being bashed for every comment--i am sorry i am not a ranger fan bro
Apologies. I was out of line. Here's to a good game.

And i have friends that are islanders fans so it's not THAT big a deal

Old
11-15-2011, 10:46 AM
lJuicel

Isles always play us tough, would love 7 in a row, but just looking for a solid 60 minute effort on the road. Get it done boys.

Old
11-15-2011, 10:50 AM
lJuicel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Avery- Richards- Fedotenko is our 3 rd line, not the 2nd. Boyle just got swapped with BR, who makes a 3rd line stop on his way to press box. Hope he will turn it around soon, perhaps with grinders.
LGR!!!
not trying to start with you but I can't see Boyle getting more time then Richards, yes Richards hasn't blown the doors off thus far but what on earth has Boyle done ?

Old
11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
fiedy88

vCash: 873
GET IT DONE!!!

Old
11-15-2011, 10:57 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lJuicel View Post
not trying to start with you but I can't see Boyle getting more time then Richards, yes Richards hasn't blown the doors off thus far but what on earth has Boyle done ?
It is not Boyle's promotion.

Who else but BB? I started a new thread to keep it off GDT. Pls go there.

Old
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

It is extremely hard to win 3 in a row in this league, let alone 7. I am not expecting a blowout in a heated rivalry game, but I will be happy if they could score an easy win over an obviously inferior opponent.

Old
lebear
I have no idea

I missed the line-up. Avery on the 2nd? Wow, that's what you get for impersonating Ovechkin.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Pizza

LOL, my experience with the rivalry tells me they will find a way to turn this into a hair raising adventure.

LGR!!!!!

Take it to em boys and make it seven in a row!

Old
11-15-2011, 11:23 AM
pld459666

Here's what bothers me.

The only team that usually comes out with ANY passion in these games are the Islanders.

The Rangers say they gear up for the game, but you could hardly tell as the Islanders are always the more aggressive team.

I'd love for the Rangers to come out knowing that they are the better team and in the first 10 minutes do enough that the Islanders know it as well.

The Rangers usually come out with a bunch of limpdicks for what should be a very emotional game. Has been like that for years.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
nycbruins*

Coming to post my apologies for some pre-season comments.
I can admit when I'm wrong. I thought the Rangers D without Staal would be awful, and it's been the best in the league so far.

Kudos to Tortorella, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, Lundqvist etc. for proving me so wrong.

I think it's about time the Bruins-Rangers play in the playoffs. Been watching since 88 and they've never faced each other. I know they play some boring games in the regular season, but in a 7-game series with emotions high, I think it would be awesome.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:27 AM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Quote:
Classic let down game, I don't care if the Isles are 1-6-3 in their last 10 they always play the Rangers like the world is going to end tomorrow if they lose.

Still a very winnable game but the Rangers HAVE to be prepared for that onslaught to come.

Let's get it to 7 and keep rolling.
and throw in the fact that Capuano called them out, and I expect the Isles to come out like it's Game 7 of the SCF.
And the Masoluem has been a house of horrors for the Rangers recently

Courtesy of L. Brooks:

The Rangers are 1-3 in their last four at the Coliseum, outscored 21-14, with the Islanders scoring four, six, five and six goals, respectively, dating back to start of last season

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1dnPqkUV9

Old
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
Coming to post my apologies for some pre-season comments.
I can admit when I'm wrong. I thought the Rangers D without Staal would be awful, and it's been the best in the league so far.

Kudos to Tortorella, Girardi, McDonagh, Sauer, Lundqvist etc. for proving me so wrong.

I think it's about time the Bruins-Rangers play in the playoffs. Been watching since 88 and they've never faced each other. I know they play some boring games in the regular season, but in a 7-game series with emotions high, I think it would be awesome.
shows your charachter that you come and post this.

Much appreciated.

However, most of us thought we would have a much more difficult time until Staal got back. And while they have played well, best in the league? Thank you for the compliment but we are just playing well at the moment and both Hank and Marty have bailed us out quite a bit.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:37 AM
beastly115

Interesting lines. Dont hate them but dont love them. Will be interesting to see how they work. At least the Gaborik line is intact.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko23 View Post
Must be nice... My wife is a Canes fan. I say shes back luck when i talk to her during Ranger games. I was watching the NYR/CAR game the other night, by myself. We were up. She sat down in the room with me--Carolina was making a game out of it. She left to put the boys to bed, we ran away with the rest of the game. SOMEHOW she thinks its all coincidence....
my fiancee is a redwings fan. blech. granted shes from michigan, so i can understand and all...but i envy her.

especially since shes a MUCH MUCH MUCH better hockey player than i am on the actual ice lol.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i would start Biron in this one. Only because the Rangers seem to play 60 mins in front of him rather than Henrik. Besides, Henrik should be resting against teams we should be walloping.

Old
11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
js10

3 lines team

This game, based on the lineup, looks to be an experiment. Torts created 3 power loaded lines, each will get same minutes and pound Islanders to.. losing. At least it might be a plan for preparation for Phily, Caps and Pens. Or playoff.. but this early?? Anyway, with these lines we might lose easily too if defense will not adjust accordingly with style of play (we do not have Chara, Weber, Seidenberg..)

Old
11-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Ive been stressed out all day....I have a feelng it is this game. I stayed up all night and got my poly sci research paper done but still doesn't feel like a weight is off my shoulders. As I drove past the masoleum this morning on the way to hofstra, I feel it is going to be a typical grinding game. Lets hope gabby goes for his isles hattys, he certainly can do it the way he's been playing. Ill be walking across the street in a few hrs. $15 a ticket with hofstra id.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Here's what bothers me.

The only team that usually comes out with ANY passion in these games are the Islanders.

The Rangers say they gear up for the game, but you could hardly tell as the Islanders are always the more aggressive team.

I'd love for the Rangers to come out knowing that they are the better team and in the first 10 minutes do enough that the Islanders know it as well.

The Rangers usually come out with a bunch of limpdicks for what should be a very emotional game. Has been like that for years.

I think the Islanders look at the Rangers as the big boys from the city. So to speak. And they get up for that.
Whereas the Rangers look at the Islanders as probably just another team. Rivalry? Nah, just another game; another team.

Compare that to how the Rangers come out and play against the Flyers and Pens. They probably think of them as rivals.

It's a Yankee/Met dynamic, when these two teams meet. One team cares more, the other doesn't.
Who cares what they say (particularly the Rangers) publicly. Their play vs them says otherwise. They both have different mindsets. imo

Old
11-15-2011, 12:10 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
my fiancee is a redwings fan. blech. granted shes from michigan, so i can understand and all...but i envy her.
Congrats, man.

Quote:
especially since shes a MUCH MUCH MUCH better hockey player than i am on the actual ice lol.
That's tough.

Can you at least beat her in video game hockey?

RANGERS =
Closed Thread