HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Loktionov Called Up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2011, 01:18 AM
  #76
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,176
vCash: 500
Penner may have legit top 6 talent, but there comes a time where you either need to produce or not play. Penner has 2 goals in 34 games as a King. His spot should be nowhere close to guaranteed. If Loktionov comes in and puts up points for a team that is having a dreadful time scoring goals there is no way he should sit.

It's time this team start giving out minutes based on what players are doing now and not what they did when they played for the Edmonton Oilers.

Oh and as for waivers and those guys who would have to clear waivers. Richardson is probably the only player on our bottom 6 who would be claimed if put on waivers. Someone would probably gamble and snap up Penner on re-entry waivers for $2.2 mill, but no way is anyone touching that ridiculously bloated contract on regular waivers.

Waivers is an issue for the d-man, not for the forwards.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:28 AM
  #77
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Deitell View Post
If I were in charge I'd try:
Loktionov - Kopitar - Brown
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Clifford - Stoll - Richardson
Moreau - Fraser - Lewis

For the first line, Brown's job is to go to the net and nothing else, and I like the idea of a Philly line, especially considering those guys play complementary games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Exactly. Why the **** is this so hard??? This is perfect.
You're a funny guy.

Why, just two weeks ago, you went on a rant saying, how much you hated Brown on the 2nd line and that he's a 3rd liner at best. In fact, you hated Brown so much you wanted him traded and started a thread on the main board.

Now you're saying that he'd be perfect on the 1st line as if that was your intention all along.

How about a little humility?

Seriously dude, come on.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:16 AM
  #78
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,257
vCash: 413
Quote:
If I were in charge I'd try:
Loktionov - Kopitar - Brown
Gagne - Richards - Williams
Clifford - Stoll - Richardson
Moreau - Fraser - Lewis
You are going to want to play Westgarth against the Ducks and that is the next two games.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:39 AM
  #79
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
You're a funny guy.

Why, just two weeks ago, you went on a rant saying, how much you hated Brown on the 2nd line and that he's a 3rd liner at best. In fact, you hated Brown so much you wanted him traded and started a thread on the main board.

Now you're saying that he'd be perfect on the 1st line as if that was your intention all along.

How about a little humility?

Seriously dude, come on.
I'd still trade Brown. With the **** that's on the roster, Josh presented the best possible line combos. We all know I'm not going to get my wish...

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:01 AM
  #80
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Gentle Ben Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 21,257
vCash: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
We all know I'm not going to get my wish...
You'll never get your wish with a can't do attitude like that. If The Little Engine that could were here, he would slap you across the face with a white glove like it was 1774.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:04 AM
  #81
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,316
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
You'll never get your wish with a can't do attitude like that. If The Little Engine that could were here, he would slap you across the face with a white glove.
Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle!

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:19 AM
  #82
unhinged97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle!
It's in my prayer queue.

unhinged97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:29 AM
  #83
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
I don't see why you would split Gagne and Kopitar up, the only players with obvious chemistry right now. Gagne is on pace for 30 goals on a team desperate for scoring, I wouldn't wanna do anything to mess with that.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:44 AM
  #84
Kingurentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Can't Richards play wing and Lokti center? I can understand we need MR at center for his defensive play, but Lokti centering may be better.

I hope TM is willing to let them switch if it's not working too well (and MR&Lokti are in agreement). MR seems like he'd be pretty flexible.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:17 AM
  #85
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingurentai View Post
Can't Richards play wing and Lokti center? I can understand we need MR at center for his defensive play, but Lokti centering may be better.

I hope TM is willing to let them switch if it's not working too well (and MR&Lokti are in agreement). MR seems like he'd be pretty flexible.
Why are people obsessed with having Loktionov play center, especially at the expense of the Selke-caliber player that is in that position now? Loktionov is too small and not strong enough to be a center, especially in this division. Do you really want Loktionov getting matched up against Getzlaf, Thornton, etc.?

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:24 AM
  #86
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Why are people obsessed with having Loktionov play center, especially at the expense of the Selke-caliber player that is in that position now? Loktionov is too small and not strong enough to be a center, especially in this division. Do you really want Loktionov getting matched up against Getzlaf, Thornton, etc.?
Of all the suggestions/ideas being tossed around, Richards to wing makes the least sense BY FAR. I don't understand why that would ever even be considered, by anyone.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:34 AM
  #87
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
People typically HATE Terry Murrays decisions but refuse to let go of the one time he said Loktionov is better as a center?! His word is not gospel, Loktionov is far more suited to be a winger and I've said that since he was drafted.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:15 PM
  #88
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Of all the suggestions/ideas being tossed around, Richards to wing makes the least sense BY FAR. I don't understand why that would ever even be considered, by anyone.
Especially at the expense of someone who supposedly has a questionable defensive game. I don't know if I buy that completely, but I would much rather have the major defensive responsibilities fall on Richards than Loktionov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
People typically HATE Terry Murrays decisions but refuse to let go of the one time he said Loktionov is better as a center?! His word is not gospel, Loktionov is far more suited to be a winger and I've said that since he was drafted.
Agreed. I can't remember if it was here or the other site that someone posted their conversation with Lombardi at Frozen Fury about Loktionov...anyway, paraphrasing: Poster asked Lombardi what they were going to do with Loktionov since the Kings had a great deal of center depth. Lombardi said Loktionov will end up being a winger. Poster asked about Murray's insistence of Loktionov only playing center. Lombardi just smiled in response.

Maybe I'm too gullible, but that story is incredibly believable because it makes way too much sense. I wish I could remember where I read it.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 12:53 PM
  #89
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
People typically HATE Terry Murrays decisions but refuse to let go of the one time he said Loktionov is better as a center?! His word is not gospel, Loktionov is far more suited to be a winger and I've said that since he was drafted.
How so? Not challenging you, just genuinely curious, because I feel the opposite--the guy's game is just suited to the open ice and being the focal point imo, rather than grinding out on the boards....

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:03 PM
  #90
Chazz Reinhold
Registered User
 
Chazz Reinhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Stanley Cup
Country: United States
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
How so? Not challenging you, just genuinely curious, because I feel the opposite--the guy's game is just suited to the open ice and being the focal point imo, rather than grinding out on the boards....
I don't get where this characterization comes from that wingers are strictly relegated to grinding it out on the boards. Hockey is such a fluid game that any and all forwards, including centers, are involved in grinding it out on the boards.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
  #91
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
How so? Not challenging you, just genuinely curious, because I feel the opposite--the guy's game is just suited to the open ice and being the focal point imo, rather than grinding out on the boards....
He doesnt have the size or strength to play in the middle of the ice and matchup against guys like Getzlaf, Thornton, Hanzal, Marleau, etc etc. Richards plays along the boards to begin with so he doesn't

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:04 PM
  #92
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 500
I think the Kings want Loktionov to play the LW. Loktionov is no doubt a top 6 player. He could play the 3C position but ultimately you want him in the top 6.


Right now our 1C and 2C and locked up for at least the next 5 years (and God willing more...) So there really is no chance of Lokti ever being a top 6 center for the Kings. I think upper management is really hoping Lokti can succeeded on the LW. I was at the last Monarchs games and Loktionov was being double shifted in the game as a winger, he centered his main line but on his 2nd line he was on the LW.

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:24 PM
  #93
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
I don't get where this characterization comes from that wingers are strictly relegated to grinding it out on the boards. Hockey is such a fluid game that any and all forwards, including centers, are involved in grinding it out on the boards.
I definitely agree. I guess what I mean is, as a center, lokti's strengths are his ability to carry the puck and the play through open ice. When in the offensive zone, the play is as fluid as you suggest, but wings, at least in the TM system, are pretty glued to the boards on the breakout and often through the neutral zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He doesnt have the size or strength to play in the middle of the ice and matchup against guys like Getzlaf, Thornton, Hanzal, Marleau, etc etc. Richards plays along the boards to begin with so he doesn't
That I can buy. Lokti vs. Hanzal probably looks a bit funny.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:28 PM
  #94
Kingurentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Why are people obsessed with having Loktionov play center, especially at the expense of the Selke-caliber player that is in that position now? Loktionov is too small and not strong enough to be a center, especially in this division. Do you really want Loktionov getting matched up against Getzlaf, Thornton, etc.?
I'm ok with Lokti playing wing. But for me, it's not what TM said that influences my opinion on this. Lokti clearly played better at center when we last saw him. Now he may have improved, it could be that MR is a much better center for him, etc. And he may just be great at wing now for all we know.

All I was saying is that flexibility there may not be a bad thing, in case it becomes more clear Lokti is better at center. Especially, like I said, MR seems like he can do it all so it may not be a big deal for MR.

I just don't want Lokti playing wing, it doesn't work out, and people give up on him is all. Just try both. Don't see why that's such a bad idea.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:14 PM
  #95
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
I'm just glad Lokti got the call. I'm not too worried about whether he's playing LW or C. I'm just glad he's playing on the second line with some talent.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:45 PM
  #96
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,765
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Wait what?

http://www.mayorsmanor.com/

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 08:59 PM
  #97
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Yea I saw that, this Terry Murray guy......

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 09:16 PM
  #98
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,818
vCash: 500
Terry Murray and the Script of Convenience.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:00 PM
  #99
Kingurentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 569
vCash: 500
It all makes sense now. TM is actually a Russia-hater. That's why Lotki and Slave didn't make the team and also why Frolov didn't do well here.

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 11:19 PM
  #100
markisonfire
Registered User
 
markisonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 3,596
vCash: 500
Murray kind of sounds like a dick. Sure doesn't seem like he wants Loktionov or Voynov on the team.

markisonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.