HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Filatov to CSKA Moscow?

Old
11-15-2011, 02:16 PM
RafaNadal

vCash: 500
http://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta/...rnuti-Filatova

They state that Filatov is heading back to russia. I think that sens have treated Filatov badly, and he deserves a chance in the big league. Not 5 minutes per game with bottom-6 grinders.

Discuss

EDIT: The article states that CSKA wants him back, not the other way around.

EDIT2: Back up again after romour on twitter.

Twitter
@dchesnokovDmitry Chesnokov
Nikita Filatov's Russian agent says Filatov is considering returning to Russia after another demotion to the minors by the #Sens.

@dchesnokovDmitry Chesnokov
Filatov's agent tells RIAN the #Sens will have to make a decision whether to allow Filatov to return to Russia to join #KHL's CSKA

Last edited by RafaNadal: 11-16-2011 at 10:21 AM.
RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Well if he does... I think that spells the end of his NHL Career.

Old
11-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Lehner
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Russian striker, "Ottawa" Nikita Filatov could soon return home and join the ranks of CSKA in the KHL, which owns the rights to 21-year-old player.
I really dont see this happening right now or real soon either, I think maybe next year if things dont work out.

Thats how I read it anyways...

Someone just ask him on his formspring.

Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:23 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post

They state that Filatov is heading back to russia. I think that sens have treated Filatov badly, and he deserves a chance in the big league. Not 5 minutes per game with bottom-6 grinders.

Discuss
Take Russian media with a grain of salt, recently said khl is better than NHL.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:25 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

If I was him I wouldn't waste a minute more around here. You're one of the only + players in the org with decent scoring stats and the team keeps playing Daugavins, Butler, Condra over you...

He can make multiple millions in the KHL while he's making under 100k in the A and only 700k if he does get called up.

That said I don't think that report is true. He's been a trooper and hasn't said a word. Why would this show up now, you would think that he would break some plates before leaving the continent. (can't read russian and for all I know that link might be about his favorite food)

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Straka View Post
Well if he does... I think that spells the end of his NHL Career.
Agree.

I hope he fights this year atleast, but he NEEDS a chance in the top-6. He need confidence. More time in AHL... no.

Old
11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
bdp

No big loss IMO.

bdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:27 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Take Russian media with a grain of salt, recently said khl is better than NHL.
Take all media with a grain of salt.

Old
11-15-2011, 02:30 PM
trentmccleary

Quote:
The Russian striker, "Ottawa" Nikita Filatov could soon return home and join the ranks of CSKA in the KHL, which owns the rights to 21-year-old player. As it became known Sportbox.ru, on the sidelines of the Army Club on the return of Filatov's say almost as a fait accompli.
That looks like speculation and it seems like their source is themselves.

How about we don't get worked up until somebody remotely credible reports this.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:31 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

From our good friends at Google Translate...

Quote:
The Russian striker, "Ottawa" Nikita Filatov could soon return home and join the ranks of CSKA in the KHL, which owns the rights to 21-year-old player. As it became known Sportbox.ru, on the sidelines of the Army Club on the return of Filatov's say almost as a fait accompli.

Recall, last week, Filatov, who joined in the summer, "Ottawa" from the "Columbus" was the second time this season sent to the farm club. On his account in the current regular season NHL games with 6 and one assist.

The Russian striker, who is a graduate of CSKA, has returned to his native club on loan in sezone-2009/10. Last season, the right to purchase from the striker tried to SKA, and hockey player even flew to St. Petersburg to negotiate. But with the advent of the new owner of the Muscovites club is able to offer decent Filatov contract
The fact that the article says he COULD, and not that he WILL, is all we need to know here. Russian sport newspapers are often nothing more than the Enquirer for gossip... the fact that nothing here is even confirmed means this is probably nothing more than someone trying to sell papers.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Leave Spezza Alone
melnyk pls

vCash: 50
Filatov won't be going back this early. After the praise KK has given him and our horrible depth of skilled forwards, he would be stupid to go back.

Leave Spezza Alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tundraman
Survivalist

Even if he bolts wouldn't the Sens retain his NHL rights if he ever wants to return?

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:

Discuss
It wouldn't surprise me but why do you think he has been treated badly by the Sens? He played the whole preseason on the 1st line with Spezza, he started the season on Spezza's line & he also got some 2nd line time. He was given ample opportunity to show us his elite skill & IMO never produced anything close to elite but was quite ordinary. They said that he has to learn to play without the puck which is similar to what we heard from Columbus about him.

At some point we can't continue to blame the organizations but we have to look at the player & maybe he just can't cut it in the NHL. With all this elite skill he is suppose to have why have we never seen a break away from him or him beating someone on the wing & going in alone or some great shot & score. He does make a few nice passes per game & then he disappears. I saw him last Sunday with Bingo & he was barely noticeable. Why isn't he tearing up the AHL with his elite talent? He looks lazy to me & he doesn't fight for loose pucks & is easily knocked off the puck. He just doesn't work very hard & he needs to score to stay in either league. I don't think the Sens will miss him, too bad to because they could have used a high scoring LWer if he is even considering it. he has a contract so It's likely next yr we will be talking more about this.

Last edited by aragorn: 11-15-2011 at 02:45 PM.
aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:32 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

I can speak Russian fluently and this article writes that CSKA wants him back not that Filatov wants back. But IMO he will play this season in Sens. CSKA wanted him the last year when he was sended to AHL and he did not return. What I read he likes Ottawa, players, he has friends in Bingo too... .

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:34 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
This article writes that CSKA wants him back not that Filatov wants back.
I'll trust your translation of the article.

Good enough for me.

Old
11-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Pietraneglo222
WwWwW

Quote:
I can speak Russian fluently and this article writes that CSKA wants him back not that Filatov wants back.
Right on. Thanks Russian bromandude.

Pietraneglo222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Grigo25*

What he said. i am native Russian and it does not say Filatov is returning to Russia

Grigo25* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HappyDude
Classless

Stupid MacLean. He handled Filatov so poorly.

Maclean: I see you possess worldly hockey skill with fantastic vision and a laser shot, you just need to get some confidence. To spur your offensive flair I will play you on a line with Zenon Kenopka and Jesse Winchester, go get'em tiger.

We just lost a precious 3rd round pick

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
If I was him I wouldn't waste a minute more around here. You're one of the only + players in the org with decent scoring stats and the team keeps playing Daugavins, Butler, Condra over you...

He can make multiple millions in the KHL while he's making under 100k in the A and only 700k if he does get called up.

That said I don't think that report is true. He's been a trooper and hasn't said a word. Why would this show up now, you would think that he would break some plates before leaving the continent. (can't read russian and for all I know that link might be about his favorite food)
lol wut. what are you talking about

Quote:
Agree.

I hope he fights this year atleast, but he NEEDS a chance in the top-6. He need confidence. More time in AHL... no.
Yeah he's been absolutely dominating the AHL. It would be useless for him to play there, he has nothing left to prove

He has had his chance to play in the top six and has failed miserably

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
Stupid MacLean. He handled Filatov so poorly.

Maclean: I see you possess worldly hockey skill with fantastic vision and a laser shot, you just need to get some confidence. To spur your offensive flair I will play you on a line with Zenon Kenopka and Jesse Winchester, go get'em tiger.

We just lost a precious 3rd round pick
Pretty sure he hasn't played 18 games on the 4th line Konopka and Winny

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post

Really? That's the best you can come up with? He's a plus player and guys that are playing really well in the bottom 6 (not Butler) should be shown the door before him? A guy who actually can't play in the bottom 6 it seems. Saying he's a plus player is about as weak an arguement as you can come up with. Might as well say he has a better GAA than Anderson.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:39 PM
RafaNadal

Quote:
I can speak Russian fluently and this article writes that CSKA wants him back not that Filatov wants back. But IMO he will play this season in Sens. CSKA wanted him the last year when he was sended to AHL and he did not return. What I read he likes Ottawa, players, he has friends in Bingo too... .

ok thank you!

Old
11-15-2011, 02:42 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

so... alright then...

It looks as though we've wrapped up this controversy.

/thread?

Old
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19sens11 View Post
lol wut. what are you talking about

Yeah he's been absolutely dominating the AHL. It would be useless for him to play there, he has nothing left to prove

He has had his chance to play in the top six and has failed miserably

Pretty sure he hasn't played 18 games on the 4th line Konopka and Winny
He played there two games and he did not play bad there, not great but not bad. And after two games say that he has failed miserably... even Spezza had more bad games than two successive.

When he will get more ice time more confidence and more games there than you can rate him there.

To MacLean. He wanted him to Sens he was the reason he was in Detroit where many Russians were there. Fedorov, Datsyuk... . Sens simply used his contract and sent him to AHL for imporving some things I hope it is only this.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Thank you! Thats good news. I don't want to give up on him yet.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:50 PM
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
He played there two games and he did not play bad there, not great but not bad. And after two games say that he has failed miserably... even Spezza had more bad games than two successive.
Did he not play most of the pre-season with Spezza too? and did nothing. That's propably why he only got two games. More importantly, he has done nothing to warrant getting top six ice-time.

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline   Reply With Quote