HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Upshall out for at least a month

Old
11-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Shockley
Go Cats Go!

vCash: 1065
Upshall out for at least a month

Not good news

Quote:
George Richards-
Kevin Dineen says Upshall could be out months; may need surgery. Wouldn't confirm it's a sports hernia #FlaPanthers
ffd to 2:25

Shockley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:51 PM
Erick*

vCash: 500
Well, it was to be expected.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:56 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Honestly dadonov in one game played has been more productive than upshall's season up to now. Although this opens a spot up for samulesson i guess.

PanthersHockey1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Panthers607
HFBoards Sponsor

Dineen also mentions that he's very happy with the leadership right now and won't name a captain atm.

Boring.

Panthers607 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:41 PM
RainingRats

Time for Dads to take advantage.

Upshall always gets hurt.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:10 PM
CatWoman34
Fool on the Hill

I'll also throw in my "Dads stays" hat!

It's like I said to a coworker- unfortunately he won't be missed too badly, and for once it's nice to not be devastated by an injury like this.

Here's hoping he has a quick/effective recovery and comes back hungry to play!

CatWoman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:40 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 0
Shocking.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to Egblad
Wow, this contract could really turn out to be ugly.

Egblad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Honestly dadonov in one game played has been more productive than upshall's season up to now. Although this opens a spot up for samulesson i guess.
There has been a spot open since David Booth was traded.

Old
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
AaronEkbald

Get better Upshall see you in a month.

Welcome back Dadonov!

AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
Wow, this contract could really turn out to be ugly.
I don't think an injury is going to affect whether his contract is a good one. I've not been too happy with his output, but he doesn't really hurt the play out there, from what I've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
There has been a spot open since David Booth was traded.
He would be in the lineup if he was healthy, sure, but other than injuries, there's not really a clear cut person who should sit, imo. Well, other than maybe Scottie, but he's out anyway. Could get interesting when/if everyone gets healthy.

11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't think an injury is going to affect whether his contract is a good one. I've not been too happy with his output, but he doesn't really hurt the play out there, from what I've seen.

He would be in the lineup if he was healthy, sure, but other than injuries, there's not really a clear cut person who should sit, imo. Well, other than maybe Scottie, but he's out anyway. Could get interesting when/if everyone gets healthy.
I get the feeling we won't have to answer that very often, heh. But that's the beauty of all the depth. Dadonov coming up was clamored for anyway, so it might actually help the team in the long run, certainly helps Dadonov. I can somewhat trust Kennedy, too, though I've no idea how long Skille would be out for. The healthier everyone is, the better, but it's nice to know we have depth to back it up (including another defenseman as a healthy scratch).

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 05:37 PM
Egblad
I May Be The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post

I've just found him to be very underwhelming so far. The injury issues we heard of I sort of shrugged off but now obviously they seem to be an issue and could continue to be. I just fear an olesz contract in the making if he stays injured and can't get anything going.

Old
11-15-2011, 05:43 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
I can somewhat trust Kennedy, too, though I've no idea how long Skille would be out for.
Skille went with the team to Dallas, so he could be back soon.

Boooooth10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:45 PM
ShootIt

Dare I say we shouldn't of signed Upshall and just kept Booth?

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Erick*

If it turns out to be a really bad contract, props to J17 for predicting it. I remember the discussion we had about him at the time he signed.

I still think Upshall is a decent player when healthy. That's the problem though...HE'S NEVER HEALTHY!

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 07:21 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Upshall has had his moments that have impressed me, but overall I can't say I'm seeing what I expected out of him. I don't see this injury as all that bad for the team overall since it gives Dadonov time to show us if he belongs with the big club. If he can play impressive games consistently, I see him staying with us for quite awhile. Things should get interesting with the roster in the near future, especially with Samuelsson skating now.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
ShootIt

6-8 weeks.

That stinks, hopefully Dadanov plays like he did last year.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 10:55 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

He has two goals in two games, so he's making a pretty good impression again I must say.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

With Dadonov playing well (scoring) and Samuelsson about to start playing I could see us having to trade away somebody to sort out the numbers as there is no sense in sending Dadonov back to the AHL if he keeps putting up the points.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:04 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
With Dadonov playing well (scoring) and Samuelsson about to start playing I could see us having to trade away somebody to sort out the numbers as there is no sense in sending Dadonov back to the AHL if he keeps putting up the points.
I like having the depth we do even when injuries hit. So lately I've been leaning away from wanting anyone traded to sort the numbers out. Besides, Bradley also left last night's game with an injury (dunno how serious) so there's still room for now for everyone. Dadonov has to keep up the effort level during this next month for him to stay...a few good games isnt going to prevent him from being sent back to the AHL. I hope he's finally learned that and does stay.

Once everyone is healthy, yeah we may have to look at who stays and who goes. Though I think Tallon has plans to move one/both of Sturm & Samuelsson at some point. So once Sammy is back 100% and playing well, I could see us move him for like a 2nd rounder near the deadline. Sturm really hasnt been as bad as Canucks fans led us to believe...he's been good enough defensively & on the PK and I've seen glimpses of his old speed. He could fetch us a pick or depth player as well near the deadline.

CoolburnIsGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
I like having the depth we do even when injuries hit. So lately I've been leaning away from wanting anyone traded to sort the numbers out. Besides, Bradley also left last night's game with an injury (dunno how serious) so there's still room for now for everyone. Dadonov has to keep up the effort level during this next month for him to stay...a few good games isnt going to prevent him from being sent back to the AHL. I hope he's finally learned that and does stay.

Once everyone is healthy, yeah we may have to look at who stays and who goes. Though I think Tallon has plans to move one/both of Sturm & Samuelsson at some point. So once Sammy is back 100% and playing well, I could see us move him for like a 2nd rounder near the deadline. Sturm really hasnt been as bad as Canucks fans led us to believe...he's been good enough defensively & on the PK and I've seen glimpses of his old speed. He could fetch us a pick or depth player as well near the deadline.
I wasn't meaning that we needed to trade someone away instantly just that it could be an option. I know we will always have injuries so don't want to be down to just having enough players to fill the team. But I wouldn't be against trading for another centre as we seem to have a lot of depth in Wingers at the moment.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2011, 10:52 AM
Panthers Rock
Oh...Yeah ;)

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
GR had this to say on the injury front:

Quote:
“It's an injury that takes time to heal,'' Santos said. “I think it's going to be a little while. [Dineen] said Christmas, and that's probably about right.''

With Upshall out, the Panthers may be getting Mikael Samuelsson back in the coming days.

Santos said Samuelsson was back in Vancouver getting Visa issues corrected but could join the team in St. Louis. Santos said he expects Samuelsson to practice with the team once he joins them and will play once he gets his legs under him.

“I think physically he's OK, but he just hasn't played in any games,'' Santos said. “I don't have a real timetable, but we're close. I think it'll be this month.''

-- Matt Bradley left Tuesday's game with an undisclosed injury. If he can't go Thursday, the Panthers are in trouble. Not much left in the San Antonio well apparently.

-- The Panthers recalled center Tim Kennedy from AHL San Antonio on Tuesday as Jack Skille was out with an apparent groin injury suffered Sunday against the Flyers. Skille is with the team but didn't practice Tuesday. He did say his injury felt much better.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...#ixzz1dssKuQBf
So Samuelsson is at least close, Skille isn't likely to be out very long at all. Let's keep in mind that even if we can't call someone up from San Antonio, we can if necessary play 7 defenseman, we've got Ellerby just sitting right now worse comes to worse. We played pretty darn good last night considering the injuries.

Panthers Rock is online now   Reply With Quote