HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lucic Hit on Miller Saga continues. Fraser weighs in, Julien Speaks.

Old
11-15-2011, 12:44 PM
Old Navy Goat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
If only it were that easy. Shanahan would've opined that the retaliation was a clear indicator of intent, and, considering Kaleta's past suspension history, given him a 10-game ban.
His quandary would have been that this was a hockey play as Kaleta had the puck and was driving to the net which happens in a large majority of the games.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:19 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 168
As one of the old grey beards in the site and have seen the replay

once upon a time in the NHL--the rule was that once the goalie left the crease he was treated like any other skater and I think that is the way it should be played, Not saying no PM should have been handed out--but there was no need to a suspension for it

11-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Miller with some more comments:

Quote:
"I’m not as well as I’d like to be, but considering, I feel alright," Miller said during a surprise appearance in the First Niagara Center dressing room. "My neck is pretty sore. I’m trying to figure out if that’s more of a source of headaches or if what I’m really feeling was my head really started hurting.

"You always are concerned. Last year I thought I had a very simple ‘get your bell rung,’ and I missed five games. This, I don’t know how to put a timeline on it, but I am encouraged that my neck feels better. Once that really feels good, I can start to make my way back."

11-15-2011, 01:31 PM
jamers
bleep bop bloop

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Miller with some more comments:
Good news, still don't expect him back soon.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Loungie

Bring up Kassian for the game next week against Boston

Loungie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:03 PM
DixonWard15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loungie View Post
Bring up Kassian for the game next week against Boston
to do what? He has scored more goals than bodychecks in Rochester.

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:05 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post

once upon a time in the NHL--the rule was that once the goalie left the crease he was treated like any other skater and I think that is the way it should be played, Not saying no PM should have been handed out--but there was no need to a suspension for it
so then in other words, the nhl encourages that players line up goalies.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:18 PM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
to do what? He has scored more goals than bodychecks in Rochester.
All it would take is Regier and/or Ruff pulling BZK aside and saying, "Hey Zack, you know all that stuff we said about you showing more restraint? Yeah, forget that for a game and just go nuts."

WhoIsJimBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:24 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

i wish you would have shown his fights instead of that garbage.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
Catamarca Livin

Kassian also had a good fight with Kyle Clifford in junior, so it is not just hits. I think in the long run this is good for Buffalo you are creating a rival with the SC champions. If this results in players wanting to beat and get better than Boston it is good for the club. Kind of like Calgary got to be a very good team by having a rivalry with those great Oiler teams. Even Vancouver who still no SC champions improved alot though the rivalry with Chicago. If you want a measuring stick it might as well be with the Stanley Cup Champions.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:26 PM
RJQuack

Ya hes not the cleanest player... So hes perfect for next Wednesdays rematch... Take his head off Zack!

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
Anybody that's played hockey knows how dangerous it is when goalies come out and play the puck like that. It is like hitting a deer, you saw it but could not do anything to avoid it.

Shanahan got it right as did the league. I'm sure there are goalies in here who can attest to how dangerous it is when the puck is in no man's land and the goalie comes out and plays it. You literally do not have time to react, watching it in slow motion it makes it look worse than it is.

Anyone who has played knows what I am talking about here.
I have played hockey all my life, i know how to turn, you see where Lucic stopped striding all he needed to do what turn his skates, really not that difficult.

Goalie leave to play the puck everygame, it was not much of a race, it was obvious the Miller would get to the puck first, really he was not that far out of his net, he almost landed in his crease when hit.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 02:35 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

if the team as constructed can't "take care of business", then the 29 other teams will exploit that. To call up Kassian or any AHLer everytime we need to respond to a problem on the ice is lame. They need to look at each other in the room and do what needs to be done. They dug this "soft" hole, now they need to climb out of it. And to say they won't dig out is a defeatist attitude and not worth a response.

Call up the player who is doing the best for the position that is needed at the time. No favoritism, no favors, no "good reputation" nods.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Ted Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
Kassian also had a good fight with Kyle Clifford in junior, so it is not just hits. I think in the long run this is good for Buffalo you are creating a rival with the SC champions. If this results in players wanting to beat and get better than Boston it is good for the club. Kind of like Calgary got to be a very good team by having a rivalry with those great Oiler teams. Even Vancouver who still no SC champions improved alot though the rivalry with Chicago. If you want a measuring stick it might as well be with the Stanley Cup Champions.
well said.

Ted Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
so then in other words, the nhl encourages that players line up goalies.
once upon a time the rules where that if a goalie leaves the cress and handled that puck he was treated like a skater--if you touch a goalie on the cress--you get taken to town for it

Miller left the crease to play the puck and this is what happens when you do it--there was a ten second delay in the hit--it is the same type of hit we see ten times a day when a d-man is clearing his zone

Goalie leaves the crease he takes his chances

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:13 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
once upon a time the rules where that if a goalie leaves the cress and handled that puck he was treated like a skater--if you touch a goalie on the cress--you get taken to town for it

Miller left the crease to play the puck and this is what happens when you do it--there was a ten second delay in the hit--it is the same type of hit we see ten times a day when a d-man is clearing his zone

That was then. This is now.

The rules TODAY, which are what matters, state that goalies are never fair game for body checks.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Anybody that's played hockey knows how dangerous it is when goalies come out and play the puck like that. It is like hitting a deer, you saw it but could not do anything to avoid it.

Shanahan got it right as did the league. I'm sure there are goalies in here who can attest to how dangerous it is when the puck is in no man's land and the goalie comes out and plays it. You literally do not have time to react, watching it in slow motion it makes it look worse than it is.

i play goal, and dont agree. ML made NO attempt to avoid him. if ANYTHING, the arm follow-through showed clear intent to run him.

deserved a major, but no suspension. if ML does that a 2nd time, suspend him.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Phelan

Quote:

...and every time somebodly "Leagally" hit a goalie, the other team would swarm him, then start running the other goalie. I'm convinced that there wasn't any form of punishment at all, because with Lucic's past and the severity of Miller's injury, they would have had to give him 20 games easy. But they came up with this BS "intent" business, and he got away with nothing.

Phelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Bruinswillwin77
Registered Boozer

vCash: 300
I wonder if Thomas will get ran after when these guys play again the 23rd (i think the dates right.) Hope not but if anything it would spark the rivalry up.

Bruinswillwin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:

Once upon a time...

There IS a rule now.
It's illegal to hit goalies even if they leave their crease....

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Connor McDavid
Generational Poster

Quote:
The rules have been different for 46 years.

Connor McDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:15 PM
cybresabre
desire = √suffering

vCash: 1132
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzKillington90 View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...t-ryan-miller/
“I know for a fact if Milan had really wanted to hit him then he wouldn’t have gotten up. That speaks for itself.”
Right, and if Ryan had really wanted to he could have taken his goalie stick and snapped every ligament in Milan's ankles. What garbage.

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
haseoke39
**** Cycle 4 Eichel

Ray Shero at the NHL GM meetings today:

"I'm not talking about plays around the crease because there is going to be incidental contact," Penguins GM Ray Shero said. "But we're talking about a regular-season game with the incident with Lucic and Ryan Miller. If you get into a playoff series and these guys are going to play pucks and you run (goalies) over and get a two-minute penalty, I think you're going to open up a set of pretty dangerous circumstances."

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:35 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

Shero is the man, guy knows what's up. Go **** yourself Chiarelli. ****in *****.

start winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
ohheyimmark

Quote:

Apparently your Conn Smythe trophy winning goaltender doesn't agree with your assessment.

“I will say that as a goalie, you’re not really prepared for people to hit you in a situation like that,” Thomas said. “You’ve been trained over the course of your whole career [to believe] you’re not going to get hit in situations like that. It must have taken him by surprise.”

Strange.

ohheyimmark is offline   Reply With Quote